Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Nice OP. One thing worth mentioning is that it is made by the same creator who made Veronica Mars, and it pretty much has that same tone.
So if you like Veronica Mars (and who doesn't?) you should go out of your way to watch this show, even though zombies might not be your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Does it really matter what Major's last name is? Has it even been mentioned on the show more than once?
I find it weirder that his first name is Major.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Pan Dulce posted:

On possible Veronica Mars actors coming in, Francis Capra had an AMA a little while back. He might be interested in doing more work with Rob Thomas. Enrico Colantoni looks like he just wrapped up his role in Person of Interest, so he'd have time too. Tina Majorino doesn't look like she had anything up; last time I saw her was a bit part in True Blood and it felt like Mac was turned into a vampire, she had the EXACT same look, attitude, and "tech skill" side-role. She deserved WAY better than that show.

Kristen Bell's show ended recently, so she could probably find some time to do it in between various movies.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
At first i thought that the woman who got killed was supposed to be a zombie, didn't she have really weird looking eyes?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I had hoped that they would drop the personality of the week since it was the only thing i didn't really like about the show, but they seem to be having a lot of fun with it so far this season, so i don't mind it as much.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've seen this comment a few times and I don't really understand it, it's the show's central gimmick and the only rationale for an ME partnering with a cop. It's like wishing that The Flash would quit it with all the speedster bullshit

She could still get the visions just without the drastic personality changes each time she eats a brain.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

buddhanc posted:

The personality changes are the most important part of the show basically. How do you not enjoy her doing work with each new personality that inhabits her? It's fantastic TV. It's like the victim passively gets the chance to solve their own murder through Liv's eyes and they provide amazing insight and moments. I wish this show were on more than once a week.

For most of the first season i found the personalities a cringe worthy gimmick, and i enjoyed the show despite my dislike for them. They seem to have ramped up the humour this season, and i don't mind them so far, but it still feels like a gimmick designed to get attention.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The network has ordered 6 more episodes of the series :dance:
http://deadline.com/2015/11/crazy-ex-girlfriend-izombie-additional-episode-orders-1201635872/

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
This was probably my favorite episode of the series.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Flagrant Abuse posted:

This show is always surprisingly good and charming considering the premise is nothing special. The actors (especially Rahul Kohli) really help sell it, I think.

It was the same with Veronica Mars, I remember thinking that the premise sounded super lame, and I didn't give it a try until Joss Whedon called it the best show on tv.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Kristen Bell will have a voice-over role in an upcoming episode : http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/29/izombie-kristen-bell-veronica-mars-reunion-cw

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Enrico Colantoni will have a recurring role later this season : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/izombie-books-veronica-mars-alum-852399

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I guess the important question is whether Blaine used protection.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Perhaps i missed the context, but why did Major stop to have a drink before rushing home to get Minor?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Great episode, i loved the unboxing video.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Keith Mars doesn't seem the same after he left Neptune :(

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't think I have ever seen one of those window air conditioners in a movie or tv show where it didn't fall out of the window. It is like those garbage disposals that 100% of the time causes someone to lose a hand.

Why do you Americans keep those things around? (I am only half kidding, they really do seem super dangerous)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Hopefully it will be a longer season like this one, those 12 episode seasons that so many shows have these days annoy me.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

ShakeZula posted:

Eh, they were able to work around Alyson Hannigan pretty well in the Buffy musical. It's certainly doable.

The Buffy cast was pretty large and it helped that two of the cast members were already singing in bands and then you had Amber Benson who has an amazing voice. And apart from Hannigan the rest were decent to good singers.

Buffy set a really high bar for musicals, if you can't get close to that then it is probably nor worth doing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I really like the guy who plays Don E.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Cojawfee posted:

The name. My friend told me to watch this izombie show and I stayed away at first because of the name.

I don't really understand avoiding a tv show because of the title. The title makes absolutely no difference to what I decide to watch.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rocksicles posted:

Strap yourself in for American Gods then, rumour is he's playing Loki

I am not sure whether that will be a full series or not, but I hope it doesn't mean that he is leaving iZombie.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Wow that was a great season finale, i am looking forward to seeing where the show goes next.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It is a shame that Chief died :(

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Killing Rita was he only thing I didn't like, after all the talk about zombies being people they just decide to murder her because she was temporarily rabid.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Well, she did also participate in some pretty heinous and unethical experimentation that resulted in the loss of human life. And it's not like sending her to prison over it would work, since A) the trial would involve revealing zombies to the world, and B) Major showed us what B is. So it was pretty much either kill her or let her get off essentially scot-free.

Blaine has done much worse and everyone just seems ignore it. Rita was a pretty horrible person so i understand why they didn't like her, it just seemed out of character for both Major and Liv to be so callous about her death.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

I just love the fact that Chief and Don E decided to start a band.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
To be fair, Peyton wasn't exactly likable in the first few episodes either.
I found it a little odd how Liv's friends and family treat her in the first season. Nobody seems to have noticed that her skin and hair turned white over night, instead they just assume she was moping over all the murders that happened.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I haven't seen anyone ask, so I assume that it is a dumb question, but can he do two shows at once or should we be worried for the future of iZombie?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
As much as i like Rahul Kohli, i am not sure yet whether he has the acting chops for the role, especially not when you look at the betting list of potential actors for the role.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Did Liv and Major actually break up? When they were both zombies they were in a relationship and in love, but as soon as Major was turned back into a human it's like they just decided to see other people. Perhaps i missed something?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Senerio posted:

Liv's zombie gene would re-zombify Major during sex. That was a thing in Season 1.

That just means that they can't have sex. I'm all for the Liv/Major relationship to be over, because it's boring, but they went from being in love to seeing other people in an instant, and it just feels poorly written.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
As much as i like Evil Blaine, i would have liked them to go a bit further with Good Blaine. He genuinely seemed to want to change, but as soon as Peyton dumped him it was right back to being evil.
That being said, great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Jason Dohring had a real Logan moment back when Liv and Babineaux tried to break in, can't rightly complain about that.

• Locked thread