Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

smg77 posted:

He deserves to be awesome just for having to be stuck with the name Major Lilywhite.

The showmakers have admitted that they kind of sort of based Major Lilywhite's name on Major Applewhite, the University of Texas QB back in the late 90s. OK, he had a silly name, but he was a pretty good QB.

FWIW, Applewhite is currently the offensive and QB coach for Houston, so he's doing alright for himself.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
I was kind of annoyed by this week's case.

Was anybody surprised at the revelation that not-Teller was a woman? At first I just assumed it was supposed to be some sort of experimental thing, like the traditional magician's assistant was obviously a woman with a fake mustache. I was thinking it was some something like a reverse gendered Eddie Izzard, but with magic tricks. But then it's treated as some big revelation when Liv figured out that not-Teller is actually a woman. Either get a better make-up department, or go against the CW grain and try to find a manlier looking woman. Hell, John Waters had more convincing people in drag back when he had a budget of about a nickel.

It's also kind of silly that not Penn and Teller would be upset about someone explaining how their tricks work, when the real Penn and Teller have a show on the same network explaining how magic tricks work.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Medullah posted:

Hopefully it's the Rob Thomas from It's Always Sunny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClYz4Km5es

So what is Sinbad up to, since he's no longer running an intergalactic scwarma stand?

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

Loved the finale and the upcoming zombie war. Was sad to see the end of Rita, though. I was hoping she'd become a snarky member of Team Z. :(

Also, if that David Anders rumor is true, holy poo poo I can't wait for that to air. I already thought casting Emily Browning was great, but man he will be awesome in that role.

I'm in the same boat on both of those issues. I was hoping to see Rita as the token evil member of Team Z. Hopefully, the new bad guys will figure out a way to revive dead zombies, or she has a twin sister like Scott E./Don E. ( Hey a man can dream.)

As for American Gods, it's a small role on what will probably just be a miniseries, so it doubt where going to have another Ricky Whittle from The 100 type situation.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 13, 2016

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I get the feeling Filmore couldn't give the least little poo poo about a cure and see having the Zombie as a positive thing.

It seems like if you're going to set up a new government with zombies as the ruling class (Zombarchy? Zombocracy?) you might want a way to control the zombie population in case of a zombie outbreak that doesn't involve killing everyone.

After all, zombies still need normal people to feed on. And if there is a zombie apocalypse, then the Fillmore Graves folks would eventually go Romero without a steady supply of brains. So develop a zombie cure, stick it in tranq darts, and use it for zombie population control. Admittedly, it would be a bit of a double edged sword, but it's not like the ultimate cure for zombieism is some closely guarded secret.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

Man, Don E saving his skin by begging for a headshot and then pissing the guy off, so he wouldn't grant him his wish was really smart. It took me a second to realize what he was doing there.

I loved how convenient that police party was. It gave the cast cool squad costumes and provided an excuse for them to be contained and just coincidentally a new, completely separated outbreak started that evening .

Don E was obviously pulling a total Br'er Rabbit there, "Please don't toss me into the briar patch, anything but that."

As for the costume party, you know the writers totally wanted to do the Art history joke for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Well, she did also participate in some pretty heinous and unethical experimentation that resulted in the loss of human life. And it's not like sending her to prison over it would work, since A) the trial would involve revealing zombies to the world, and B) Major showed us what B is. So it was pretty much either kill her or let her get off essentially scot-free.

Rita also would have potentially had all the Max Rager research on on Zombies, and would have a had personal interest in curing zombies.

It didn't hurt that that Rita was easy on the eyes, both before and after turning into a zombie. I'll admit my judgement might be clouded, since she can bite me any time. :zombie:

• Locked thread