Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought it must be Fillmore Graves -- soldier dude found out about the cure in the previous episode.

I mean, practically speaking, why else does he exist?

Why does anything, when you really think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Selachian posted:

He was equally cool in a guest-starring role on the otherwise forgettable Powerless, playing a henchman.

Powerless was funny and I'm sad it wasn't renewed :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Is it wrong that I'm starting to root for Blaine now? Poor sociopath just can't get a break :smith:

Also glad to see the return of Full On Zombie Mode. Given what most of the crew has been through and not triggered it, I was beginning to think they'd forgotten about it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man oh man thumb drive guy caught the mayor going full zombie during a session and he sent Fillmore to tie up loose ends. that's gotta be it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

durk onion posted:

Blaine's plan to torture his dad is so deviously awesome. Ravi and Liv's plan is so terribly stupid. How would they not suspect that there would be some sort of test to enter?

hey, they need protection from the zombie that keeps following them around :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's alive and well. :v:

Good to have rear end in a top hat Blaine back.

I do like how they've humanized (:haw:) Blaine a lot with his brief face turn and back history with his father. The best villains are the ones who have a little bit of truth to what they do.

Plus David Anders is just so good at being a son of a bitch.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Perestroika posted:

Well, Blaine's plan is also not exactly foolproof. What with full-on zombie mode being a thing, you'd think he'd take some precautions against his dad doing a Ring impression eventually.

Still though, that whole set up was worth it just for the "Oh, he's alive and... well." pun. :allears:

The worse outcome is that he's down there for so long he becomes a Romero. That's a mass outbreak waiting to happen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh my gods I laughed myself stupid at this episode. I had to pause VLC at Liv's dumb hat and compose myself before I could go on.

Gobbeldygook posted:

As expected, Blaine wanted to use brain juice to make money. I did not expect it to turn Don E into a Romero.

Nah, I'm sure once he comes down from the adrenaline high he'll be back to normal. Gonna make things awkward for Ravi's cover, though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Not enough talk itt about Liv's hat, in my opinion.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"Is Peyton here? Nah, I'm just messing with you. Hey, wanna go kick some rear end?"

Blaine is at his best when everything he says is conversational, including threats.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Medullah posted:

How is their only 6 comments when we had Aly Michalka in leather as a dominatrix spanking Rose McIver what kind of goons have we become

with inexplicable cat ears :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
well she had just eaten kiwi brain so

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TMMadman posted:

And seriously, where are the gifs of Liz getting spanked by Peyton in an leather catsuit? :mad:

I need the GIF with the "YOU UNDEAD ZOMBIE SLUT :byodame:" or whatever, not because of the obvious reason, but because of Liv's "what the hell" look afterwards.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ayup that'd be it

Just the "oh god what have I done" look cracks me the gently caress up

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I had to look three times before I caught it.

This goddamn show. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bloom posted:

The shirts only showed up after the breakup. Revenge seems like the obvious answer, but I don't really buy her "just want people to see the real you" story. My guess at this point would be crazy person, if only because there's already so much conspiracy stuff going on that tying her to it would be a bit much.

Let's not forget she posted intimate photos of him without his knowledge or permission and then sold t-shirts of one of said moments after they broke up. This is not a thing sane, stable people do.

I'm actually more disturbed about what happened with Ravi. He had to have told her about the cure, people he's met, and the prejudices they face , and she still ran with the zombies are monsters sensationalist angle and I can't believe I just typed that as a slight against her. This show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ravi walking in on Liv, Blaine, and Don E eating fresh-from-the-skull brains and nearly throwing up while the three of them were like "What. He's already dead." was delightful.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hahahahahaha the lengths this goddamn show will go to to keep making GBS threads on Major 24/7 are incredible

I hope we haven't seen the last of albino Liv. It's just so weird seeing her in that dumb wig and spray tan that doesn't even look like a real person. :mad:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, the 6 month tourist visa thing made it seem like he could be 'gone' for the off-season and have a reason to come back for season 4. But no, no lovely vacation for Major.

ehn you've already bought the tickets might as well go anyway

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The best part about all that is it felt like a series finale. If they really wanted to, they could just end the show there, and I'd be perfectly happy.

If they do keep going, I hope something hilarious happens to Ravi as the result of his new vaccine that isn't zombie related. Like he turns into a mummy or something idk. (Possibly just because he fully wrapped himself in toilet paper for no reason.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

iajanus posted:

Yeah they're apparently starting filming next month so it shouldn't be too long till we know what happens next.

Hijinks is my guess :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Another really subtle thing I liked is how the next generation of zombies seems to be adapting faster than the adults. The two teenagers looked like they could go full on zombie mode like they were flipping a switch instead of needing to Hulk out.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Zombieism continues to be a revolving door for Major.

I'm really pumped for season 4, it's so rare for a show to buck the status quo this hard.

I'm still blown away by Chase's "I'm playing the hand I'm dealt you fuckers, there'd be a lot more people dead otherwise" turn

Still, absolute power corrupts absolutely and there was some real clear fascist imagery at the end

Looking forward to Season 4 :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FoxTerrier posted:

Wonder what Blaine is going to do for cash now

If the season finale is any indication he's doing gangbusters at the Post, enough that he may actually be able to go straight.

Also did anyone notice in the final episode that Blaine was treating Don E as an equal instead of a flunkie? It was really subtle, but instead of him showing up and taking orders, they were legit discussing the nightclub plans. Looks like some time hearing everyone tell him how horrible he is may have actually made a difference :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Huh? What?

How do you hold it? Grabbing it with your whole hand? That's the way of uncoordinated brutes.

lol if you don't grip it and dig in there like you're trying to murder something

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

It's the straight on angle like the airplane is going in for a loving landing.

if you're not gripping it like a pencil and shoveling food into your pie hole as fast as possible you're not even human imo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Talky posted:

The vaccine will cause Ravi to turn into a were-terrier. He will insist on being called Arf Vader.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phssthpok posted:

He nose the truth.

Eesh. These puns are getting ruff.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Barreft posted:

This show is okay for an NCIS with normal zombies + some crazy ones/millennials crossover, but the names really bother me. Liv Moore? Major Lillywhite? A company called Fillmore Graves?

Major Lillywhite? Fillmore Graves?

Please tell me I missed a part in the beginning where Major is just called Lillywhite as a joke cause he's white as gently caress.

If the slow pan down a skyscraper to reveal the name as "Hightower" didn't clue you in as to what kind of show you're watching then you may want to pull the ripcord right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Facebook Aunt posted:

The boss lady was, but then she blew up. By the time new boss man realized something was up, they were in crisis mode with d-day imminent and an insurrection in the ranks.

But yeah, it was kinda dumb. I guess he was just smart enough to figure out that if the scooby gang had a reliable cure Liv would be cured too, and they'd be offering that cure to Filmore Graves. Generally people on this show lack curiosity.

They also have no concern with consequences. Still mad FG contaminated a vaccine they knew was being given to small children. Small children are not trustworthy zombies! Little kids scratch and bite and drool. Little kids throw temper tantrums, and now those temper tantrums will lead to full on zombie mode! Zombie kids can't be allowed around non-zombies at all, ever.

There's hints the next gen of zombies have way better control of their powers, too. The teenagers from the finals could flip it on and off like a switch, they didn't need adrenaline.

I'm kind of hoping the original iZombie comic character is introduced as a next gen zombie. I mean it would be a dumb crossing of streams but a nerd can dream.

• Locked thread