Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

There are certainly girls with that skin tone in the world, but I don't think the reasoning is much more than "everyone on this network is attractive, and Rose McIver, I mean, come on", so they're not going to do anything too egregious with the star.

It might just be me, but I remember noticing in season 1 that she is a lot less pale immediately after eating brains, and then slowly lose color again as time goes on. Wasn't noticeably every episode as the time skipped between each varied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
He was able to find an arms dealer who could supply handguns, shotguns and hand grenades even before the company pressed him into their service. I have no trouble believing that "sourcing highly illegal weapons" is just a skill that Major possesses.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Fenrisulfr posted:

On the other hand, Dollhouse introduced me to Enver Gjokaj, so I can't be too upset with it.

As much as I like this show, I'm getting a little tired of the "What outrageous personality will Liv assume this week?" bit. I liked it for most of the first season, but it seemed to me like it started off pretty light, just giving her a new quirk or two, but now she basically turns into a carbon copy of whoever she ate. Maybe it would grate on me less if they weren't such over-the-top caricatures.

This thing bugged me a bit as well. Most of season 1, the changes would either be very subtle, or she'd at least be aware of and somewhat in control of the impulses to act outside of her normal personality. It might just have been that one of the acquired traits in common to both Racist!Liv and Bro!Liv was a complete lack of self-awareness, so I'm hoping it won't be the trend for the rest of the season.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

There is no way Peyton doesn't have some alternate angle to getting back in with Liv and Ravi. This show will not let something that good happen.

Gilda is a great addition to the show. Her and Major have fantastic chemistry.

Ravi moved on to another girlfriend. That's a complication right there. As for Liv, her new roommate might takes drastic steps to keep Peyton out of the picture if she suspects that the latter would complicate her ability to room with spy on Liv.

There's also the fact that Peyton was put on the task force that Blaine blackmailed into existence for the purpose of going after the Utopium-dealing mobsters, who've already been shown willing to casually murder anyone who opposes them.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Lycus posted:

I think the freezer plan started after he gave Gilda the list and told her there were no zombies on it. She got suspicious, and he realized that that wouldn't work forever.

He did that after kidnapping the dude with the dog, iirc. And I think that was one of the guys in the freezer

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Energy drink for getting that energy for a badass parkour run across town.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
iirc, one of the other prisoners specifically mentioned that she was taken away by the "guy with the tattoes" aka the guy whose hand they cut off to gain access. I'm kinda guessing that next season Major will be munching on his brains to find her.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Pan Dulce posted:

Also, Liv didn't get ONE useful brain-flash this episode. They're really ix-naying the procedural part of the show to focus on the overarching story.

I'd say this episode actually put more focus on the procedural part than usual, since the crime was entirely solved by actual criminal investigation procedure this time rather than getting lucky breaks with a post-brain consumption flashback.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Did I miss something? How exactly did Blaine survive being gutshot and apparently turn into a zombie again?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

hahahahahaha the lengths this goddamn show will go to to keep making GBS threads on Major 24/7 are incredible

I hope we haven't seen the last of albino Liv. It's just so weird seeing her in that dumb wig and spray tan that doesn't even look like a real person. :mad:

Agreed. What's the point of having Rose McIver on the show if she's going to be unrecognizable

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Argue posted:

For the most part I laud this show for being able to juggle multiple plots without being confusing, but for once I have to admit I got lost at the end there: who was the lady that turned out to be Patrice's mom?

She was the administrator at the mercenary company who mainly dealt with the support services for the infected family members of the employees (ie: the classroom for the zombie kids)

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
She might even be subconsciously reinforcing the personality shifts by acting like she thinks the brain's owner would, due to the pressure of doing this to solve crimes/mysteries and thus having to "connect" (if she just wanted to eat, she could adopt the tubebrain approach). It'd help explain the stereotypes by having them be exactly that; Liv's stereotypic expectations based on what she knows about the owner.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Rob Thomas dished out some details in interviews on what the status quo will be at the start of Season 4

http://www.cbr.com/izombie-season-3-finale-rob-thomas/

Not sure if it even qualifies as spoilers, but highlights:

• Season four opens 3 months after the finale
  • The side effects of Ravi's vaccine will be revealed in the first episode and they won't be fatal
  • Seattle will become a walled city cut off from the surrounding country, like west Berlin was
  • Filmore Graves will be handling all investigation of murdered zombies, while the Seattle PD will continue to handle murdered humans and other crimes.
  • There's an estimated ten thousand zombies in Seattle and around half a million humans, so zombies are still vastly outnumbered
  • Dale will become Clive's new boss at the PD, since as a zombie she can't leave Seattle

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 28, 2017

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
From the previous page

Slashrat posted:

Rob Thomas dished out some details in interviews on what the status quo will be at the start of Season 4

http://www.cbr.com/izombie-season-3-finale-rob-thomas/

Not sure if it even qualifies as spoilers, but highlights:

• Season four opens 3 months after the finale
  • The side effects of Ravi's vaccine will be revealed in the first episode and they won't be fatal
  • Seattle will become a walled city cut off from the surrounding country, like west Berlin was
  • Filmore Graves will be handling all investigation of murdered zombies, while the Seattle PD will continue to handle murdered humans and other crimes.
  • There's an estimated ten thousand zombies in Seattle and around half a million humans, so zombies are still vastly outnumbered
  • Dale will become Clive's new boss at the PD, since as a zombie she can't leave Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Angus is out of the well? When and how did that happen?

e: spoiler tags because I'm an idiot

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 23, 2017

• Locked thread