Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Yeah, it has a tone that reminds people of Veronica Mars meets Dead Like Me, but it still manages to be very much it's own thing. If you think the iZombie comics suck, don't worry, so does everyone else. The show, however, is great and only very loosely related. During season 1 it was the thing I was most looking forward to watching each week. It strikes a nice balance between case-of-the-week and serial, and the most common complaints during the first season were actually addressed later in the show itself.

The video at the top of the OP should have a major spoilers for season 1 warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

"I was literally screwed into being a zombie hooker."

This is the best show. That is all.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The acting workshop with Ravi and Liv scene was amazing.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

It's pretty stupid in general. He could easily have kept the dog after losing the tracker. On the off chance that the cops did find Minor, and recognize it as the dog they were looking for, he's been saying he found it wandering around lost already. Taking home a lost puppy is completely in Major's character, and his apparent lack of connection to the victims means that they would no reason to suspect him.

The only reason they might have? He suspiciously gets rid of Minor right after he heard they were closing in on finding him.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

No gif of Ravi re: Ghandi?

Best part of the whole episode, easily.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

drainpipe posted:

The actress who plays Cher also played Abigail Hobbs on Hannibal. Guess she's got the accessory to murder role down.

Also Miranda from the Magicians. There is some typecasting going on, hopefully she's not method.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Yay iZombie!

Crazy Ex season 1 thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749772

Jane the Virgin season 2 thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746507

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

So, Liv's going to follow that phone app and track down Major's stash of iced zombies.

Wasn't it stowed under the seat of his car? And is probably out of time or she'd know he showed up to the restaurant.

The whole Rita situation is :eyepop:

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

Destroying the brain is good. Major killed a bunch in the Meat Cute massacre with just guns to the head. Though the big mute guy did get shot in the eye which probably damaged at least a bit of his brain, and he's okay.

Sure, but destroying the brain is also enough to kill a human and we survive sometimes with our brain partially damaged.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

spookygonk posted:

Thought something was going wrong with Major when he said the (fresh) milk he was chugging tasted off.

Yup. He was starting to have his cure wear off before that conversation.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

Am I the only one who thought that Don E wasn't actually a zombie and was just working for Blaine? I guess it's his hairstyle.

He had Chief scratch him last episode, when Blaine got all The Nameless One.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

FoxTerrier posted:

vvv Yeah, I dunno wtf their marketing department was thinking when they went with iZombie, of all goddamn things.

Pretty sure that's mostly about getting the network to pick up the premise. "Based (not really) on a successful comic book series!"

BurritoJustice posted:

Why is this show so much less popular than arrow/flash/agents/etc when it really is such a cut above (especially above arrow, and flash on a bad day). Definitely one of the most consistent and tightly written shows around right now.

Yeah, it's the best show currently running imo.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

FoxTerrier posted:

Just caught up on the finale. So much fun, but goddamn, Drake, Rita, and Vaughn dead?

That is some bullshit. :(

I really liked Drake, thought Rita had great potential snark, and Vaugh is well...Vaughn. Losing all three really blows.

Yeah, it's rough. I'm going to trust that they have a plan for it for now and reserve judgement until a few episodes in to season 3. The show has answered well when there have been holes or questions so far.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

xerxus posted:

Rob Thomas said in some interview that they had to compress some storylines since they were planning for a back 9 pickup instead of 6.

Sounds like the joys of television production is what's causing most of the issues people are having, then.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

FoxTerrier posted:

I mean, the setting up a zombie empire in Seattle is a great move since Blaine already turned dozens (probably?) of movers and shakers into zombs. If they agree to go along with this woman, then she already has key people in place in major orgs across the city working for her.

poo poo, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of Blaine's shadier/eviler clients that turned her and started putting this in motion awhile ago.

Perhaps his father?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Mortanis posted:

Good premiere with just enough of the status quo changed that I hope it makes the show a lot more interesting.

I'm in the camp that Blaine 100% has his memory - they make a point of him singing along with a song and having Ravi explain that Retrograde Amnesia means he shouldn't have anything but procedural memory. That's not, like, a medical certainty or anything, but it seemed just enough on the nose while still being subtle that it feels right.

FWIW memory is really complicated and there are case studies of people where they remember things like songs or numerical sequences that they sung/used a lot despite losing all of their autobiographical memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Ravi has the best cover for this meeting, don't know why he's sweating bullets. He got kicked out of the CDC for saying that zombies were real. "Do you have any proof?" "Well.... no." There, done.

Blaine's villain turn is fantastic, the puns and references and one liners in this episode are fantastic.

• Locked thread