Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Playing that Hooters song was just so incredibly cheesy. I missed this show. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Boogaleeboo posted:

Major's life is a stream of unending torments and it is the greatest. There are just no good options for him at all, ever, and it's impossible to see how it can get worse for him without his mind breaking into pieces....but I'm sure it will.

One of his clients will hang out with Liv at some point. Or worse yet, they will be a couple. Poor guy...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This show is really creative when it comes to making Majors life lovely.
What else will happen to him? A sudden death in the family? A late stage brain tumor?

Also I just realised that he was probably literal when he claimed to be able to get a bazooka in a hour. I guess the company would supply him with whatever he deems neccessary.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 14, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Glad to see things are going better for Major.
He's making progress at work, realised how many lifes he saves with it, talked a few things out with Liv, reconnected with an old friend, picked up a cute dog and even
found a new girlfriend.
God I love Majors arc.

Speculations on what would make his life suck most:
Peyton will be the one who catches Major, when he has to medicate himself after killing a guy. Also one of the names on that list is actually buying those nonzombie disguises for his child.

Also Rose McIver is unfathomably pretty.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Oasx posted:

At first i thought that the woman who got killed was supposed to be a zombie, didn't she have really weird looking eyes?

Her tan looked really fake too, which would fit as well. But if she actually was one, it would have come up when her brain was eaten. "Zombie brains are gross." Maybe that was a dropped part of the plot.

I just remembered something from last seasons finale. The Max Rager boss apeared in the end and it was heavily implied that he zombified himself (He had that weird withe hairstrain like Major.) But I guess he isn't a zombie, since Major would have noticed. Maybe that was also dropped and originally mister frenchname gave that poor woman a zombie STD.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Keeping Minor around is gonna comeback and bite him on the rear end so hard.
Gah, I just realised why he is called that way. Ravi is great!
What's the chance that the dog has one of these tracker chips?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

It would be funny if it turns out Blaine and Major are immune to the virus now. I guess they have no way to test that without more zombie rats, so we won't know for sure until someone tries to infect one of them again.

That is especially ineresting since both of them are in acute danger of being exposed to the virus right now. Well okay, Blaine only was until the end of the episode. But if his pop gets thawed up, he is going to be really pissed at him.

It actually seemed like Blaine was considering rezombifying. That was mostly because his dad tried to use that as a leaverage.
But It would be quite interesting if he gets obsesed with the idea of being a zombie again. He wages the pleasures of life against the power of death and after a long time of considering it, he decides to reinfect himself, only to find out that he's imune.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This episode felt quite forgettable. And it had way to little Mayor.

Interestingly, Blaine saw a picture of Minor in the case files . If they happen to meet again, that might be kind of awkward in a few different ways.
Especially if it happens because Blaine drops by their house to pick up Peyton for a date. I really want to see that happen now!

Did Mayor and Blaine meet each other this season? I can't imagine they'd be the best of friends. Then again, Mayor recently did him quite a soild. And Blaine is the reason Liv finally started being honest about everything.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Actually Obama is guest starring on iZombie.

It's going to be a walk-in, he'll come up to Liv eating and be like THAT LOOKS GOOD, CAN I TRY SOME? and we'll all get a good laugh.
I thought that doctor actually sorta looks like him. But maybe my standards for identifying Obama have been lowered by countless political cartoons.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Oasx posted:

I guess the important question is whether Blaine used protection.

Ravi explicitly proved that this question is a bit more second nature.
But It would suck to get pregnant this way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That music at the end was great. Does anyone know what it's called?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Huh, I saw that movie and didn't really like anything about it.
Weird.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

How did that get 5?

Absolutly deservedly! It's the best show currently airing and I will fight anyone who disagrees. The CW just realized that all the countless people who don't watch this show are missing out because they didn't give it a chance or just have bad taste. And critics seem to agree.

Seriously, watch that show!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 22, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FoxTerrier posted:

Side note: So...did Blaine's dad ever make the will video or what?

Would that even work? Imagine how shady that would look.
"So... After you showed me the video where my dad accused me of killing him, I just happened to look through some of his old stuff and look at that! I stumbled over an updated version of his will. Daddy truly loved me after all."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Also seriously missed opportunity for them to let Rose McIver talk in her native NZ accent. :eng99:

People would have complained that such a "fake" accent is offensive. So they totally should have done that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Medullah posted:

There you go, the iZombie episode could revolve around Liv eating that woman's brain! :D

Well it is a brain disease. Someone has to give this idea to the show runners. Or Rose McIver, maybe. She seems like someone who is on twitter a lot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So the cure erases all the memories which formed after the patient was infected? That seems kinda weird. The show might argue, that all the new brain cells from that time were unnatural and got deleted again. Brains really don't work that way.

But I guess that's totally TV magic. Becoming a zombie means that you can eat brains to get new memories. So the logical implication is that becoming a non-zombie erases memories. This raises the question: If a zombie would eat Blaines brain now, would he still get flashbacks of his time as a zombie? God this is stupid...

I don't like drama-amnesia. Maybe the show gets a really awful ending, were every zombie either dies or gets cured and nobody except Ravi remembers that this outbreak was ever a thing. (This scenario requires Peyton and the Max Rager guys to be dead.)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Picklepuss posted:

Speaking of which, if Major gets amnesia will anyone know where his freezers are hidden?

Maybe? Blaines buddies carried his dad (what ever happened to him anyway?) over to the funeral home. So unless Major handed him over somewhere else they were there, I guess. But they are on the way to get themselves killed by Boss, so there.
But he might have the location in his little contact book.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cactus posted:

Then I hope they can find a new and fresh spin on the "I was trying to protect you" "well you don't do that by lying to me" thing that every show like this seems to have. I have faith that they can.

"Shut up you hypocrite! When you did the same for me, you let me check into an asylum!" Yeah she's not really in a position to complain about that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Am I the only one who thought that Don E wasn't actually a zombie and was just working for Blaine? I guess it's his hairstyle.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Etalommi posted:

He had Chief scratch him last episode, when Blaine got all The Nameless One.

Snak posted:

Yeah, he actually wasn't until last week's episode, when he intentionally became one as part of a power-play to exploited Blaine's amnesia and take over his business.

Thanks. Must have missed that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Snak posted:

she's looking for her boyfriend. Who Major kidnapped.
To be fair to the guys here, neither one of them knows that part. Major wasn't introduced to whatshisname and Ravi doesn't know he's one of Majors victims.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 6, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I don't think I get it. Is it "type a"? Can she taste the blood-type of her food like some kind of mosquito?

EDIT: VVV I'm not familiar with that expression. Thanks.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 7, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FoxTerrier posted:

You've got to be joking.

(Ugh. People are the worst)

They really are. In my experience shows with female leads actually tend to be better since they are less generic. But I guess that depends on the writing team. If there is not a single woman writing anything, everything will be kinda weird.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, Don E saving his skin by begging for a headshot and then pissing the guy off, so he wouldn't grant him his wish was really smart. It took me a second to realize what he was doing there.

I loved how convenient that police party was. It gave the cast cool squad costumes and provided an excuse for them to be contained and just coincidentally a new, completely separated outbreak started that evening .

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yeah, how did Blaine become a crack shot? Did I miss a part where he ate the same mercenary brains that Liv and Major ate (or is he completely cured now)? I remember him being a devious and dangerous guy, but never a stone-cold killer or even adept with guns.

Besides what the others said, there was also the finale of season 1. He took down a person who just killed 6 of his men while shouting one liners. From Blaines perspective, Major must have been goddamn terrifying, but he kept calm. And at some point he also killed some of his subordinates when they considered diversifying their portfolio.
I guess a person who's ruthless enough to start a professional people butchery, while also making potential customers addicts, wouldn't really have problems killing anybody.

Everyone is always so chummy with him, so you could forget it, but Blaine is an absolute monster and probably even worse than DuClark. There really couldn't be a redemption arc for him. And even if his amnesia is real, he seems a little to calm about hearing who he used to be.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I like that Major apparently joined that PMC. Now he's Private Lillywhite.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mortanis posted:

I'm in the camp that Blaine 100% has his memory - they make a point of him singing along with a song and having Ravi explain that Retrograde Amnesia means he shouldn't have anything but procedural memory. That's not, like, a medical certainty or anything, but it seemed just enough on the nose while still being subtle that it feels right.

I think the medical diagnosis for retrograde amnesia is a little less precise when you are dealing with a magic infection which lets you absorb memories through the stomach.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, Liv aping a bunch of dead people she never met, based on some stereotypes makes her sound like a total rear end in a top hat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

yeah this is some show, but I love how the solution to feeding zombies without killing humans is to just eat the brains of the dead. no real long term planning at all.

reminds me of humans in real life

e: I'm probably thinking of more of a global situation over an isolated one (I know jack about the original story) but my point still stands

Well yeah. If half every second person on the planet was infected, it would be a giant problem. But the same could be said about every deadly virus.

And it's not like the dead people need those brains. Those things aren't really something on the donor list.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That spoiler was about the previously linked stuff from the SDCC.

• Locked thread