Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So did the season premiere come on tonight or what? My DVR was supposed to record it I think, but then it just went "lol nope" and decided not to. Kinda expected more posts for a new episode...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

karrethuun posted:

Ridiculous medical nonsense like this always irks me. Have the writers never heard of a blood bank? O negative blood isn't exactly rare either.

I thought O- was the rare one.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Major is the one that gets poo poo done, driven by the fact that he has absolutely nothing to lose, while Liv fucks around and moans about how terrible her zombie life is.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is it just me or is her zombie makeup not nearly as pale as it was last season? Her skin tone just looks kinda... normal in that last episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

No posts for tonight's episode yet? Huh.

So did I mishear or is the redhead the bad guy's daughter? (I just realized I don't know either of their names.)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Subtle Veronica Mars reference.

FoxTerrier posted:

That's what I took away from it

And holy crap Major just keeps digging his pit deeper :(

I hope I'm not the only one that was wondering if despite the cure he could still turn people through loving.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

On iZombie, I still thought it was pretty hosed up Major's hooking up with Gilda. She's making you kill people and threatening to kill your friend and out you to the cops. Why would you get near that? Life likes to screw over Major, but in this case, it isn't going to end well and it'll all be on him. Hope the dog isn't a casualty; that creature is adorable.

He is no doubt building up to another end-of-season killing spree. Things are not going to end well for that girl.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aquasnake posted:

I must have not watched real tv in too long if you can pause live TV now.

There are these things called DVRs, they've been around for a while.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

My theory is that he's somehow Harriet Tubmanning them to safety, we've never actually seen one of those body bags moving before he shoots it and he does have two buddies who work at a morgue

I will admit that this theory is somewhat undercut by his drug addiction, obvious guilty conscience and new dog

Yeah, I really don't think he's actually murdering them. He keeps dumping them off the same bridge so it would only be a matter of time before, y'know, someone discovers them floating downstream.
My guess is that he's not killing them, but he is tying them to something that weighs them down to keep them at the bottom of the river so nobody is the wise. It's not like they're gonna drown.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

And he shoots 2 holes in the bag so they have a bit of sunlight during the day?

If he's not shooting them in the head then it's not like they're gonna bleed to death, either.

Look man, I'm just trying to keep hope alive for my boy Major.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ShakeZula posted:

I'm not sure if shooting them twice and binding them at the bottom of a river makes him a significantly better person than killing them.

His gun had blanks...?

:smith:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aquasnake posted:

How the gently caress? How long has this been around?

Where do you live, exactly? I think the only person I know who doesn't have some sort of DVR is my dad, and even he might have it and just not know it because he barely ever watches TV.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

All of the non-main-character zombies have that convenient spray tan and hair dyeing thing (in all shades of humanity!) so the show doesn't have to do zombie hair and makeup 4-5 times or so an episode. They just never have bothered to show what a black zombie really looks like.

There was the one Indian girl who was Liv's rival in medical school, the one that I think invited her to the boat party? They found her trapped in a drainage ditch and she'd gone feral.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Why were they so sure that the utopium / Max Rager mix wasn't the same one from the boat? Couldn't it be that overdosing on it causes the melting bit, or just using it when already a zombie?

...I guess not, since them stating as much is probably their way of establishing it as truth in the iZombie universe.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

You guys didn't believe me

You guys didn't believe in Major

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FoxTerrier posted:

Was that really the endgame? Because it didn't seem like Blaine's dad would have given a gently caress about eating his own father, or that Blaine killed him. Dude's ice cold as gently caress.

I would think so too, but maybe the idea was that his dad would be haunted with visions of rotting away in the nursing home?

Soothing Vapors posted:

he was going to feed grandpa to dad to addle dad with alzheimer's

Didn't even think of this part.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Read posted:

Blaine's dad has leverage over Blaine because he can threaten him and Blaine considers him a credible threat. Previously Blaine couldn't be threatened with zombification and the clientele being secret prevented someone else from selling to them without a lot of legwork or forcing it out of him.

It is kind of odd though, because zombies are just a bullet to the head away from no longer being a threat and Blaine clearly hates his dad enough for that to not be an obstacle. Unless he's worried about people asking questions when Dad stops showing up for work? I have no idea.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, he at least killed the first guy, because IIRC in that scene the guy was begging for his life up until Major shot him and dumped him in the river.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So were we supposed to take from the zombie hooker bit that Blaine was running a zombie sex slavery ring on the side, or is there some other guy out there that they somehow don't know about?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It was Blaine. When she said the John turned her and welcomed her to team Z, along with Blaine using the term earlier in the episode, it was 100% him.

That's what I figured too, guess he was really diversifying his scumbag enterprises. For some reason I find that more disgusting than the whole "murdering destitute children" part.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

I thought it was implied he turned women during sex so they could serve a purpose for him with the rich lady in season one? I mean, she wasn't hooking for him, but she was using all her money to fund him and make him all human-looking and pretty.

Extortion and sex slavery are... kinda different.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, I have trouble believing that the guy who murders homeless kids without a second thought actually gives a poo poo about anyone or anything but himself and whatever can further his goals at that moment.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently CW programming decided that viewers don't care about the State of the Union addresses as this is back tonight.

iZombie vs. oBama. The choice is clear.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So... they did a Christmas themed episode after the holiday break?

edit: oh

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 13, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wait, so what was the point of that dead Santa thing at the beginning? Did they ever follow up on that?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FoxTerrier posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought Candi was already a zombie for some reason.

Yeah, I thought Candi turned him back into full zombie. That's the only thing that's supported by what the show has told us so far; cured zombies don't turn non-zombies as we know from Major / Rita and zombies will turn cured zombies back to full zombies as shown by Ravi stopping Liv and Major from doin' it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FoxTerrier posted:

I assumed the shot was just wearing off, based on how his sense of taste was wearing off re: the wine.

Zomb sex would not have helped tho.

You might be right, because now that I think about it if she was a zombie already her hair dye / makeup probably wouldn't have come off that fast.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So wait, was there no resolution with matricidal coffee daughter? She got away with it, they didn't bother trying to find evidence that she was involved, and she sold the shop and drove off in a taxi, the end?
That seemed really awkward, the way they were just like "welp, guess she gets away with murder" about it.

Mr. Boss has no idea how utterly hosed he is right now, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Missing Link posted:

He's already dead. I think we keep forgetting they're zombies.

Undead.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

And when Major got turned he specifically mentioned hunger for human brains.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

Also, they've probably mentioned this before, but what do zombie rats eat? That one super zombie rat really wanted a piece of Ravi and Major, so they probably want human brains, but do they rat brains as well. If so, why are they more omnivorous than humans?

Well, rats and mice are used in studies because of the physiological similarities between their brains and humans, so maybe a big ol' pile of rat brains would work in a pinch?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

Even without a fever it was a bit confusing because both Major and the police assumed it was implantable chip, but it was the larger collar mounted device, so the weren't tracking the dog at all they were tracking the collar. Major had dumped the collar months ago. It was edited to look like they were about to run into him at the dog groomer, but they were never anywhere near each other. It was meant to be confusing.

Wait, really? I thought they all knew it was a collar thing and they just edited it to look like they were getting to the groomer at the same time when in reality Major had beaten them by a few minutes and gotten away.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I was wondering what was taking so long for Logan to show up on this show. He is a hilariously unconvincing "badass" character, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

It's not the 80s anymore. Anyone who doesn't at least know of Dungeons and Dragons' existence would have to live under a rock.

Just because you know what it is, doesn't mean you know that much about it, or that grown adults play it regularly.
You have to remember there are still lots of people that don't really use the internet, or at least not for much beyond email and facebook.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The only part of this that makes me groan is that of course the fact that Liv banged Logan Echolls is going to result in relationship drama between her and the other zombie dude she's dating, who is probably also going to wind up dead because he's a side character that I like.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Wait a minute, doesn't the fact that Major and Blaine both got reinfected after being cured mean that zombieism can't be vaccinated against?

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Barreft posted:

This show is okay for an NCIS with normal zombies + some crazy ones/millennials crossover, but the names really bother me. Liv Moore? Major Lillywhite? A company called Fillmore Graves?

Major Lillywhite? Fillmore Graves?

Please tell me I missed a part in the beginning where Major is just called Lillywhite as a joke cause he's white as gently caress.

If you can't handle puns then you should just bail from this show now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Nude posted:

Not sure if this was mentioned as well but a lot of the title episode/title cards are puns or references to movie titles.

Pretty sure literally all the title cards are puns and references.

• Locked thread