Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

raditts posted:

No posts for tonight's episode yet? Huh.

So did I mishear or is the redhead the bad guy's daughter? (I just realized I don't know either of their names.)

Steven Weber is Vaughn Du Clark. I haven't caught the redhead's name yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The female superhero's name was Blue Swallow.

Blue. Swallow.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Major ... actually doing something smart? I am boggled.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

atomicgeek posted:

Today I learned Rose McIver was...a Power Ranger? :wtc: Are there still Power Rangers? How did this happen?

It even got a shout-out on the "Zombie High" episode earlier this season. There's a plot point where one of the actor suspects is planning to quit "Zombie High" to become a Power Ranger, and Liv questions whether he really has the acting skills for the role. :haw:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TMMadman posted:

I was a little surprised that Rita died, but I'm not really bothered by it. Although it could have been fun to zombie love triangle between Liv/Major/Rita.

I was hoping to see a Rita-Blaine power couple, myself. Oh well.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

When his life was in imminent danger some of his old coping mechanisms kicked in. But then he went all Rambo to rescue an ex-lover, and thats something old Blaine definitely wouldn't have done.

I did think it was a little odd that he suddenly knew there was a box full of guns under the stairs. That's a little beyond "remembering how to operate a funeral home."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I definitely think there's got to be more to Fillmore-Graves's plan than "we'll just retire to an island and live peacefully." But I also think Vivian is genuinely sincere in caring about the future of zombiekind.

So tonight's brain preparation was chili dogs. I guess because dads and grilling go together?

Also: "black Tony Stark."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Have they ever established just how wide-spread the whole zombie thing is? Is Team Z going about their thing in Montana, too? Missouri? Maine? Morocco? Mongolia?

The Moon?

AFAIK, there are only two events that we know of that caused mass zombie spawning, and both were in Seattle: the boat party and the Fillmore-Graves holiday picnic.

Of course, there's nothing stopping zombies from those events from traveling elsewhere and possibly spreading Z-ness.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

I feel like there was more to the resolution behind the murder mystery as well. Oh well.

Yeah, something felt off there. The guy didn't seem very intimidated by Liv's bad cop act, and his "Okay, I confess to whatever you just said, give me something to sign" was unconvincing -- not in the bad acting way but in the covering for someone way.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ravi getting totally British while naming desserts was unexpectedly hilarious.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Phylodox posted:

I think it's this just for the Breaking Bad reference.

EDIT: Also, can I just say that my enjoyment of this show is, like, 60% Robert Buckley, easy. The guy's got charm out the rear end.

He was equally cool in a guest-starring role on the otherwise forgettable Powerless, playing a henchman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I do like how they've humanized (:haw:) Blaine a lot with his brief face turn and back history with his father. The best villains are the ones who have a little bit of truth to what they do.

Plus David Anders is just so good at being a son of a bitch.

The one I feel sympathetic for is Don E, realizing that no matter how high he rises in the world he's still gonna end up being a flunky.

• Locked thread