Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Stephen Weber owns. Loved him since the last Ron Thomas gig, Party Down.

raditts posted:

Subtle Veronica Mars reference.

And the Max Rager suit who was eaten at the end was Dick and Beaver's dad. Lots of cast cross-over on this show.

Wonder if they'll get Kristen Bell in as a zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That zombie scientist lady ruled. Hope she sticks around.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Xealot posted:

Where's the line, though? Would a chimp work? Or a monkey, or maybe a rodent? Or maybe it's about level of cognition, and a dolphin would work. Ravi should conduct a phylogenetic study.

Also, they've probably mentioned this before, but what do zombie rats eat? That one super zombie rat really wanted a piece of Ravi and Major, so they probably want human brains, but do they rat brains as well. If so, why are they more omnivorous than humans?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
So, Liv's going to follow that phone app and track down Major's stash of iced zombies.

The undercover police are going to freak out because of the disappearance of their guy in Boss's operation.

Zombie Rita better become a super fast zombie; eats her dad.

Blaine's crew is going to rebell.

And Babinaux is going to connect Ravi to the brains cover-up... somehow.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bamhand posted:

Just wanted to say I loved how Rita's dad flipped his poo poo when he saw the blackeye and then didn't think twice about locking her in with a zombie. Just really drove home how lovely a person he is.

Beyond that, he flipped his poo poo on the wrong person -- and when the right person was around, and in trouble, he basically just let her go with a light chastisement.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Musician Rob Thomas is guest starring in the finale as well.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Barbed Tongues posted:

My belief: He lost his memories and was good-guy Blaine for a bit. BUT! I think Cure 2.0 actually worked, and now he's faking amnesia because why wouldn't he hook up with Peyton again? And it'll be funny if no one finds out until Major actually has to take Cure 2.0 regardless, and just doesn't forget everything.

Calling it, if this does in fact go down this way, Blaine will inadvertently be responsible for the death / loving over of that zombie girl Major's obsessing over. However _that_ goes down.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Loutre posted:

Weird, the description on Amazon Instant says that Blaine and Peyton have a heart to heart this episode but it never happened. Did it on actual TV?

I feel like there was more to the resolution behind the murder mystery as well. Oh well.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Maybe it'll be continued in the next episode? I mean, I know Gordon Michael Woolvett isn't exactly a top-tier actor or anything, but it seems weird they got him to deliver, like, two lines.

I mean, your guess is as good as mine, but his last credited television role was two years ago as "Ferret Guy". Looking through his imdb, it looks like something must have happened around 2010 to tank his career. That, or he decided to do theatre exclusively or something, but even then...

Wouldn't be the first time that a seeming one off case paid off in a different way later on (remember the one with Margot from the Magicians back in Season 1?). And given that every single other character involved in the subplot were recurring characters, it's probably more likely, yeah.

In conclusion: maybe!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought it must be Fillmore Graves -- soldier dude found out about the cure in the previous episode.

I mean, practically speaking, why else does he exist?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
My bigger worry with that well is what could happen if someone drank from it. Like, that seems like a really fast way to spread the virus, depending on who uses that well.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
And if Katty Kupps (the CDC lady) will discover what Ravi knows about the zombies. We've not seen her since the third episode this season, but she said then that she was sticking around, right? She seems to be the person who's most likely to start DD.

(She's my dark horse on the who stole the cure mystery.)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bloom posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but what was up with the dead guard's daughter's comment after Liv and Clive left? If she and the other woman work for Filmore Graves wouldn't they already know about them? It's not like whatsherface was secretive about meeting them or anything.

Not necessarily -- they could have been out of the loop, thanks to being stationed off-base -- or a part of a separate faction within the organisation and therefore not really on speaking terms with the rest.

I was a little more confused by the ambiguity of some of the phrasing. When the daughter asks for clarification at the end of the scene, I thought she was asking about who witnessed her father's murder. Liv seems to think the kid is asking who _killed_ the prisoner, and tells the daughter it was a guard.

Which could mean that the poor guard character introduced this episode is going to end up dead.

(Also -- how much do the FBI know about what's going on with the zombies? Katty (the CDC lady) is working an open case that leads back to zombies, the photography woman seems to be undercover in the anti-zombie organisation much like Ravi, and Bozzio is back sniffing around. If Katty did, indeed, steal the cure, then could they all be working together?)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

That's who the wake was for. He already died or faked his own death on the cruise.

The other guards are all toeing the thin blue line. None of them saw or heard anything.

Nah, I get that. I'm talking about the _other_ guard. I'm arguing that there's the potential for mistaken identity.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I just want to know who stole the cure syringes :ssj:

Apparently we're not finding out this season, as they ran out of time to tell that story. Rob Thomas said as much in an interview somewhere.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Caedus posted:

The Threeway Flashback was great, the puns were great and the Rachel twist legit got me. I think iZ may have absorbed all the fun out of the Flash's writer's room, like what Futurama did to The Simpsons. Creative Cannibalism, if you will :haw:

I know what you're saying, but iZombie's production crew is entirely unrelated to the Berlanti superhero crowd. Rob Thomas's posse of writers have basically stuck with him through every project he's worked on, from Veronica Mars, through Party Down, to Cupid, to here. I assume they'll also be working on the Misfits remake as well.

The Flash seems to have had a largely stable writers room since its inception, though it also seems to have a fair handful of single script commissions (about four a year, which makes me think it's contractual). If the show sucks, it's because the people writing the show suck, and not because they've been vacuumed away by another show (or even another superhero show).

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Floppychop posted:

The first couple seasons of Misfits are fantastic. It gets iffy when they do a cast shakeup. I stopped watching after that, but other people report it gets good again.

I reckon there's at least two good episodes a season, even in the worst season (Season 3 or 4, depending on who you'd ask. I'd say 3, which despite being rubbish still has the Hitler episode.). The cast is consistently pretty good though. The first and final seasons are the best, and probably the most serialised.

Which is probably its strength; since after the first season you can just pick and choose whichever episodes you really want to watch based on how interesting they sound, give or take the occasional important episode (which are usually at least good). And should you get to the final season, you can just watch most of that in a row.

The show is frequently filthy in a way that they'll never be able to air unexpurgated on loving Freeform, but I guess we'll see.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
She's also the only member of Fillmore Graves' original board to survive the helicopter accident -- which, in and of itself, is suspicious.

(And she's Djaq from Robin Hood.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheBlackVegetable posted:

The anti-zombie group might be a lot more organised and capable than what's been shown, especially now there's newspaper articles with zombie monsters (cute zombie monsters) on the cover.

They invited him to a meeting earlier in the season, then two goons attacked him an episode later and revealed themselves to be zombies. That basically painted a huge marker on the company's back.

• Locked thread