Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

raditts posted:

If he's not shooting them in the head then it's not like they're gonna bleed to death, either.

Look man, I'm just trying to keep hope alive for my boy Major.

I'm not sure if shooting them twice and binding them at the bottom of a river makes him a significantly better person than killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Pan Dulce posted:

Things are looking up? Methinks he's going to lose Liv too. I mean, his hook-up is her roommate. She's bound to spill the beans. Not to mention the "Zombie Kill List" is still up, plus the kid knowing that he takes Utopium.

It's the up before the mighty crash.

Major doesn't know that Rita and Glinda are the same person, does he? I think that would just turn Liv completely against her instead of Major if the full truth came out.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

spookygonk posted:

I think Blaine was going to sell other parts of the brain to high bidders, and as for Suzuki, he was keeping all the police from finding about zombies / missing kids / etc. Maybe that was his bonus for doing such good work (but I'm most likely wrong).

Yeah, they were definitely putting the little astronaut sticker on a plastic containers for distribution, so it was going out to more than just the guy who commissioned it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

zoux posted:

Thousand Kisses Deep by Leonard Cohen.

I'm a Leonard Cohen fan, but the first place I ever heard this song was at the end of a Veronica Mars episode. So it's clearly a Rob Thomas favorite.

And Cohen did sing the theme song from S2 of True Detective, which could explain the familiar sound.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

CeeJee posted:

It's from Les Miserables, probably that recent movie I'm trying to forget ever buying.

Yeah, it sounded like "One Day More."

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Also they don't really need Major, but if you're going to be killing a bunch of wealthy influential people in one city it's preferable to have somebody else do it for you.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Rhyno posted:

You shut up. We all need Major.

All of us.

Yeah, but they don't appreciate him the way I do!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if the undercover cop reveal means Drake is here to stay.

I would guess the opposite, that it was introduced to make him more sympathetic so that when he gets killed off it will be more affecting.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Eh, they were able to work around Alyson Hannigan pretty well in the Buffy musical. It's certainly doable.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Does the ol' headshot still work in this world or do you need to literally shotgun a living zombie's head into pieces for it to work? They seem super resilient.

Blaine killed the rich woman he slept with with a power drill to the head, so I think it's the same old "destroy the brain" rules.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Crunk Abortion posted:

See I'm in the minority because I find nothing about blonde aly michalka attractive. At all.

I don't fully agree with this, but I definitely think she looks better as a brunette.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look Peyton has a huge lady boner for Blaine and she is going to bone him no matter what.

I did like that Liv at least called her out with the whole "You know if Blaine stays like he is it means that Major dies and I'm a zombie forever, right?" thing. Kind of wish she had pushed it a little harder, and Peyton kind of brushed it off in the name of boning, but still nice to see someone push back.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I didn't see any shopping bags, so that outfit was already in the apartment.

Considering the ears I just figured they needed a dominatrix-type outfit and all they had at hand was an old "sexy cat" Halloween costume

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Also, drat it. Of course there was no chance something good would ever happen to Major, but I was still really excited for Natalie to get a happy ending.

Natalie's whole "living in Italy for six months" thing struck me as odd. Before Major froze her, wasn't she on the verge of losing her house because she only got paid for sex in brains? Now all of a sudden she has "travel the world and rent a villa" money stowed away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Tiggum posted:

I fell behind and just caught up on the last few episodes - is it just me or have Liv's personality changes this season been way more cartoonish than previously? Like, she eats someone's brain and then instead of just getting influenced by their stronger personality traits she goes all-in on one really extreme thing that's not even necessarily a personality trait. Like, the D&D guy probably wasn't living D&D 24 hours a day, and the dad-brain turned her into the dadliest dad imaginable.

The personality changes have definitely been way more pronounced. One explanation I've heard is now that Clive and Peyton and everyone around her is aware of the full situation and she doesn't have to try to appear "normal," she no longer really bothers to try suppressing the brain's personality unless it's destructive behavior.

• Locked thread