Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pan Dulce posted:

I don't think the show creators knew this even after the first episode. "Jason Dohring originally auditioned for Duncan and Teddy Dunn read for Logan. Throughout the show, to keep fans from confusing the two characters, the stars were color-coded. Seriously — Duncan always wore blue and Logan always wore earth tones."

Oh man, like Power Rangers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

What's the mentality behind him leaving Minor? Cops find him, he gets in the news as "hey if you've seen someone with this dog call us", Ravi gets suspicious... Am I overlooking something simple?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

drainpipe posted:

The actress who plays Cher also played Abigail Hobbs on Hannibal. Guess she's got the accessory to murder role down.

Hahaha I thought the same thing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Children's franchises never die.

NEVER.

BUT THEY DO GROW UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eh I'm a sucker for musical episodes, and I like to think the musical episode of Psych led to Detective Lassiter becoming a singing king on Galavant

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I like the way Scrubs did it. That lady had some sort of brain trauma that made it seem like everyone was singing and dancing. Once she left or if there was a scene in another place, they'd go back to normal.

There you go, the iZombie episode could revolve around Liv eating that woman's brain! :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

D

Air is lava! posted:

Well it is a brain disease. Someone has to give this idea to the show runners. Or Rose McIver, maybe. She seems like someone who is on twitter a lot.

TWEETED! :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It pleases me that Allison Hannigan was SO bad in Once More With Feeling that people still talk about it.

I think this line's mostly filler.

THERE WAS A REASON FOR THAT WILLOW.

To her credit, she acknowledges openly she's a terrible singer and wanted no part in the musical other than background.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Musician Rob Thomas is guest starring in the finale as well.

Hopefully it's the Rob Thomas from It's Always Sunny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClYz4Km5es

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HopperUK posted:

I thought Rob Thomas did a nice little acting job there. :3:

I knew exactly what was gonna happen when someone other than him was singing off camera there, still loved it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oasx posted:

To be fair, Peyton wasn't exactly likable in the first few episodes either.
I found it a little odd how Liv's friends and family treat her in the first season. Nobody seems to have noticed that her skin and hair turned white over night, instead they just assume she was moping over all the murders that happened.

Peyton wasn't going anywhere, hot girls very rarely get instantly taken off a show. If people don't like their attitudes they change the character rather than dump em. :)

And I think Liv's family assuming she was in shock and dying her hair in a flip out moment after surviving a mass murder isn't that unrealistic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

GreenNight posted:

Liv's dead boyfriend was just on Flash...as a zombie. Of course they called him izombie.

Hahaha dammit sign of my old age, I saw him and said "good lord he's got the same stupid haircut as the dude on iZombie, drat kids these days with their unoriginal looks"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiggum posted:

The whole thing with Rob Thomas being dead was just great.

hangedman1984 posted:

I loved the part where they were talking poo poo about musician Rob Thomas, but really veiled show creator Rob Thomas making fun of himself.

Yeah that's been a thing since Veronica Mars - people got the two of them confused. "Why is a musician producing a TV show???" Fantastic that they got him on it, makes me love the show even more.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

"I'm outtttttta here.....please?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

That comic book store set was horrible. That issue of the Flash was 25 years old! Why would it be on the new release rack!?!@?!?!

Hahahahaha I want you to know that I actually thought of you during that scene "I wonder if Rhyno ever role plays halflings with his customers..."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I met my fiance at the store so...........

How many times must we remind you that you cannot marry collectible Harley Quinn sculptures.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

How is their only 6 comments when we had Aly Michalka in leather as a dominatrix spanking Rose McIver what kind of goons have we become

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Clive and Peyton both crossing their arms and sighing as Liv had a vision was great.

Is it just me or does Rachel, Ravi's zombie investigation buddy, seem like an undercover agent of some kind? I'm real curious as to how they are going to tie up the plot this season because there are a bunch of them and they are all moving at a brisk pace. There wasn't even a murder of the week this episode!

e: Ninja, please

I'm sure she's definitely not part of the MURICA crowd. I'm wondering if she's a zombie too, part of another group that's not military, and she latched onto Ravi when he said "cure". Somehow she's found a way to fake a pulse for the militia dudes.

Either that or she has a zombie friend/relative, hence the "once they become like that, there's no going back?". Maybe she has a daughter that went Romero.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

The Ravi woman probably is up to something good and Major's lady seems up to something bad. especially the way she keeps documenting the things he's saying.

Oh yeah, she's definitely doing something like making a documentary "My month with a serial killer. It was terrifying"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

spookygonk posted:

I notice she didn't sing along with the camp song (Hudsucker Proxy vibe).

Yeah that was definitely meant to be a tell, or she's intentionally recording him saying things so she can edit it together to sound nefarious.

Either way, I think we can all agree that Ravi's girl is good and Majors girl is bad because Ravi is awesome and Major, while also awesome, is cursed to eat a poo poo sandwich by life on a regular basis.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha I didn't notice the pottery wheel line, awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Caedus posted:

Holy poo poo I missed the pottery wheel line! I'm just catching up on this week's ep... dang Peyton. I also really enjoyed Ravi not knowing anyone's phone number, followed by his couch-dive. That was wonderful.

The phone number bit was perfect because every single time I see a show where someone gets another person's phone and calls, I get angry for exactly that reason - NO ONE KNOWS NUMBERS ANYMORE!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

raditts posted:

The only part of this that makes me groan is that of course the fact that Liv banged Logan Echolls is going to result in relationship drama between her and the other zombie dude she's dating, who is probably also going to wind up dead because he's a side character that I like.

I'm hoping they are able to subvert the trope since she's on sex addict brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fillmore Graves took me way longer to get than it should have.

• Locked thread