Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I finally caught up with this show this past week. I had watched season 1 on Netflix about a month ago, but didn't get around to watching season 2 until this past week. I am glad that I ended up watching it because it amuses me.

Watching Liv take on the various traits of people is pretty fun to watch. Ravi is amazingly amusing with his puns and antics, like naming the dog Minor. I really like the chemistry between Dale and Babineaux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Zombie teen show??? :dance: ZOMBIE TEEN SHOW??? :supaburn:

ZOMBIE TEEN SHOW!!!!!!!!!! :hfive:

...in case you were wondering. :v:

I'm amused that they have a Zombie Teen Show called Zombie High in a Zombie Teen Show called iZombie. And that Liv is a fan of the show who geeked out when she had to investigate the show.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Snak posted:

Arrow and Flash are complete garbage and this show is really good.

The marketing for this show, however, basically still makes me want to throw up. The title of the show, combined with how they photoshopped Liv to look paler and higher contrast, just make it look like the last thing I would want to watch ever.

Also the show's themesong is basically cringe inducing, but I got over that, because it's a great loving show.

I haven't seen the Arrow or Flash, but I agree with you about the rest of it. I kept skipping over it on Netflix because of the name and the way they seemed to promo it.

Although I actually don't mind the theme song, but that's because it's short and to the point and I like the way the graphics behind it quickly covers the backstory and premise of the show.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, also part of it for me was the way the brains look in those promos.

I mean I got over it because it's obviously done as a style choice, but every time I'd think about watching the show I'd see those brains and just move on. Then I was just super bored one night and was like "gently caress it, I'll give it a shot" and found myself amused by it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat Liv, that was extreme.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The sesame one was his! :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: at the Rob Thomas cameo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I didn't see that coming at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was a little surprised that Rita died, but I'm not really bothered by it. Although it could have been fun to zombie love triangle between Liv/Major/Rita.

However, I'm really pleased that Clive is now in the know about Team Z and didn't seem to freak out over the whole thing. It will be interesting to see now he proceeds with it next season. I am sad that he had to lose Dale over it though because I really liked the chemistry between those two.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Shout out to Robert Buckley for making this a-little-too-precious line actually work perfectly. Honorable Mention to the best delivery of "Sup?" I've ever seen.

That and 'personal trainer'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know. Call me a dick if you want but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of "amnesia" being a pass for serial blackmail, sex slavery, and mass murder.

Prude.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Easily one of the funniest little side bits in the show and I've only read one and half books (I never did finish book 2) and I've never watched the GoT series.

But I can relate because I was a big Wheel of Time book reader, although I never finished it either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

Peyton wasn't going anywhere, hot girls very rarely get instantly taken off a show. If people don't like their attitudes they change the character rather than dump em. :)

And I think Liv's family assuming she was in shock and dying her hair in a flip out moment after surviving a mass murder isn't that unrealistic.

I actually think Liv is hotter than Peyton when she isn't actually a zombie.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

Holy poo poo , next week's preview.

I'd let Liv dominate me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I love that they keep going back to the sleazy weatherman/newsman.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was also really amused by the sketch artist last night.

And since the blue juice Ravi made enhanced the effects of the visions, who is betting it will have some kind of use in curing Major of his zombie cure amnesia?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

How is their only 6 comments when we had Aly Michalka in leather as a dominatrix spanking Rose McIver what kind of goons have we become

Someone should post gifs.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ShakeZula posted:

Considering the ears I just figured they needed a dominatrix-type outfit and all they had at hand was an old "sexy cat" Halloween costume

Yeah, but there was still no reason to wear the ears. That could have just been explained with a throwaway line of 'Good thing I've still had this old Halloween costume'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And seriously, where are the gifs of Liz getting spanked by Peyton in an leather catsuit? :mad:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

You're too horny. Log off.

You call it logging off? :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Next week looks hilarious.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, Choreographer brain scene was awesome.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, the good news for you then is that it's already been renewed for Season 4, so there will be something next year.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've honestly been wondering why Major didn't want to be a zombie again almost immediately after he was cured. Being a zombie and being with the zombie squad at FG was really the only time he's been "happy" since the beginning of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

Did Major ever get shot in the line of duty? They might have thought he was always a human and somehow slipped through recruiting process.

Not that I recall, but he did basically run up a wall and get stabbed a bunch of times during a mission.

• Locked thread