Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I hope one of these episodes we get to see what does actually happen when a zombie eats another zombie's brain. Also Liv hopped up on evasive politician brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

This show is always surprisingly good and charming considering the premise is nothing special. The actors (especially Rahul Kohli) really help sell it, I think.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Argue posted:

This show is really good at juggling multiple threads and weaving them together logically, with it only very rarely becoming confusing.
No kidding, if you'd told me a few years ago that a loving CW show could be this good I would've laughed in your face.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

I think it was "frickin," but she was so quiet and said it so fast that it threw me too.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

My predictions for the season finale is that at least one of these will happen:

• Major goes full-on zombie and wrecks face getting out of Max Rager HQ and away from the FBI, possibly (but I'm going to say probably not) zombifying Bozzio in the process but definitely letting the cat out of the bag in regard to zombies assuming there are any non-zombie survivors.
• Gilda somehow gets free and kills Uncle Jack Vaughn du Clark.
• Blaine regains enough of his memory to be more fully disgusted by the things he did and tries to find some way to atone.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Really everything about this show is just so snappy, I think it's my favorite piece of TV since Psych.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

TMMadman posted:

However, I'm really pleased that Clive is now in the know about Team Z and didn't seem to freak out over the whole thing.
I loved the way Liv proved it to him. "Oh I'll just casually take this big ol' knife here..."

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Oasx posted:

Killing Rita was he only thing I didn't like, after all the talk about zombies being people they just decide to murder her because she was temporarily rabid.
Well, she did also participate in some pretty heinous and unethical experimentation that resulted in the loss of human life. And it's not like sending her to prison over it would work, since A) the trial would involve revealing zombies to the world, and B) Major showed us what B is. So it was pretty much either kill her or let her get off essentially scot-free.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Oasx posted:

Blaine has done much worse and everyone just seems ignore it. Rita was a pretty horrible person so i understand why they didn't like her, it just seemed out of character for both Major and Liv to be so callous about her death.
Blaine has (or had, prior to his memory loss) leverage, though, in that he was keeping a full-scale zombie apocalypse from breaking out by virtue of his steady supply of brains.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Have they ever established just how wide-spread the whole zombie thing is? Is Team Z going about their thing in Montana, too? Missouri? Maine? Morocco? Mongolia?

The Moon?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Caphi posted:

Liv going in disguise as just Rose McIver was brilliant and I'm still waiting for them to let her do her natural accent.

As an actual D&D nerd I thought the D&D episode was fantastic. The DM, past the thespian aspirations, seems like a typical rear end in a top hat DM and Liv's whole "you all meet in some jerk's study" bit is every factual stereotype about awkward first sessions. Plus I've actually known the guy with the fifteen dollar vocabulary and weird vampire fixation. Interesting that the case is still up in the air, too; I assume it'll come back to intersect with the S&M one?

I caught up on three episodes this week and a piece of me wishes I'd saved the last one for next week instead.
Yeah, most of it felt spot-on, aside from players apparently not getting to make their own saving throws? But as you said, rear end in a top hat DM.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

In the year 2375, Miles O'Brien watches ancient reruns of iZombie and gets strange feelings of deja vu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Was that one supposed to be "Me Eat You"? I remember getting it back then but just don't feel the memory of what the pun was anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_cute

• Locked thread