Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

A.o.D. posted:

You're already fed.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What if I didn't want pickles on that order?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

A quick poke to the right pressure point will eject the pickles out your eyeballs, no sweat.

Hokuto Shinken is very versatile.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

HOKUTO ONE-FINGER CONDIMENT ALTERATION

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.
Our girl's definitely got some guilt that she's gonna need to let go of if she wants to be the Wheel-Smashing type.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-3-88-to-3-89/

"this whole sequence was just an excuse to draw gog in funny little outfits"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Royalty is a continuous emotionally cutting motion.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So Gog clearly set this encounter up to hurt Allison, probably as a ploy to get her to break down and accept the Worm? I don't think it's gonna work out that way for her though.

Not-Cio looking like a runaway Stand in the first panel there.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This is probably fine.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Fish suit GoG is so dreamy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I don’t have tryptophobia but this design is making my skin prickle

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I don’t think Gog arranged this. I think she’s just very good at the first rule of improv: “Yes, and”

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don’t think Gog arranged this. I think she’s just very good at the first rule of improv: “Yes, and”

Just sitting there holding the worm going, well somebody better eat this drat thing already...

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Just sitting there holding the worm going, well somebody better eat this drat thing already...

“I spent literally zero time making this it was already one of my uncountable Mass but I’ll act very put out if it goes to waste.”

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
"Fine, I'll loving eat it. You think this is funny, assholes? Me eating myself? Sick fucks."

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
bit rude to say it out loud Allison

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Gog has been very...

Jonah (Bible) × Ahab (Melville) + Worm (Worm) lately.
Who's really eating who here :thunk:

Also that this is all mirrored in white chain & Solomon also coping with their obsessions & dealing with losing & passing them

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Who is the angry person in the spiky white armor? I have no recollection whatsoever of who they are and nothing Allison says is helping to ring a bell...

Edit: Wait, is that CIO? I thought they were dead. Can someone please explain what the heck happened to cause them to look like that, if it is her? I feel like I am missing something. Did Gog make a... creature which does not actually look at all like Cio, why does Allison think that is her?

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

Diogines posted:

Who is the angry person in the spiky white armor? I have no recollection whatsoever of who they are and nothing Allison says is helping to ring a bell...

It's Spiky Pepsi.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Diogines posted:

Edit: Wait, is that CIO? I thought they were dead. Can someone please explain what the heck happened to cause them to look like that, if it is her? I feel like I am missing something. Did Gog make a... creature which does not actually look at all like Cio, why does Allison think that is her?

a piece of cios mask was in the spiky angry person, she visited allison after the whole time skip thing. allison told her to gently caress off forever or she would kill her. its some of cios flame and mask attempting to be the same person she was and failing, kind of like how cio attempted to be yabalchoath for a bit

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's White Coke.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

That’d explain why she’s grinding her teeth so much.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Diogines posted:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-2-37-to-2-38/

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-2-39/

The blue thing Allison had on a necklace was the piece of Cio's mask that was lodged in her arm.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Diogines posted:

Vladok's dissolution and transformation into Princess showed that something of the old demon can survive in the new one. I suspect that some aspect of Cio's personality reformed itself from the primordial chaos and began seeking out pieces of her old mask and Allison. After all, she'd already been reconstituted once. Of course it looks like the only thing that survived is Cio's obsession, but how much of her is in there remains to be seen.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
It'd be kinda nice if instead this fragment was refined into basically Cio and Allison's baby? (I'm not sure but I sure did type that) The question is what would be her coolio special thing a la White Chain and her Ki Rata?

Edit: Because unless we're gonna say she can just do that just like White chain just spontaneously learned a Martial Art of Mass Destruction I'd say someone who is basically flavored as if they were raised by someone given by them an echo of their personality is the most you'd get for Cio living on in spirit.

Edit2:I think I've floated this idea before. Main thing is it just seems a waste to kill this pale demon or have nothing amount to it.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 20, 2024

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think 'Allison comes to terms with Cio being dead' is an important part of this, but possibly also 'hey, sure, you can't have Cio back or the pre-Cio-dying world back, but something new can happen that doesn't have to be miserable' might be important as well.

Specifically, I assume that outcome has to involve not eating the worm, because Gog offers only the backwards look, not the forward one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Someone's gonna eat the worm. You can't just leave a worm on the table and have it not getting eaten.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Chekgog’s Worm.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Bussamove posted:

Chekgog’s Worm.

Thread title worthy.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
was-Cio is still a pallid demon, she needs to get a full mask so she can upgrade to blue. How that works or what she'll be like after that is anyone's guess

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Look you need to just break up sometimes I'm sorry

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That design is maybe the most unsettling I've seen in some time, credit where credit is due

Just a horrible humanoid bloody teeth monster

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kill Six Bilion Demons posted:

Anathema

Wikipedia posted:

The word anathema has two main meanings. One is to describe something or someone that is hated or avoided. The other is to refer to a formal excommunication by a church. These meanings come from the New Testament, where an anathema was a person or thing cursed or condemned by God.

:(

Owl at Home posted:

was-Cio is still a pallid demon, she needs to get a full mask so she can upgrade to blue. How that works or what she'll be like after that is anyone's guess

Not necessarily - remember the whole "tiered mask" system is one created by mortals to tame the chaotic flame. They are not universal rules of nature and can be broken and changed, similar to what White Chain went through.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 20, 2024

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

What is that in the first panel? Some kind of small pastry?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Wormssant

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
After Baldur's Gate 3, I am slightly more on board with consuming worms to gain superpowers.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Look, if Allison never acquires an Eye of Gog Agog i'm considering that a retcon from the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I like the idea that if you eat the worm you're not supposed to chew. Just whole gulp it.

If you choose to chew gog just looks at you like you're dumb.