Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Cryophage posted:

Where did Metatron 1's hair go? Can a suit of divine armor go bald, or did some enterprising soul pry it off his scalp?

Metatron hid the Names under its hairpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Thesaurasaurus posted:

...uh-oh. Now everyone there knows Allison has a Key of Kings and not a leystone :ohdear:

They also know she beat an ancient powerful dude at a drinking contest. Not sure if that instills enough awe, but she's probably safe from the low level riff raff.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Just to gently caress up future demon summoners, she should name it Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Steve.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

So I'm guessing Princess is now too weak and degraded to actually do what Allison needed in the first place. Guess Cio gets her training montage wish before they confront all the big players.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Superstring posted:

Reach Heaven Through Booze more like, right?

More like Hell. Or at least Purgatory. The hangover for demonbooze is gonna be terrible.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

They're named Hurk, Blaaargh and Bwhooa.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I've seen green and yellow drunk, blue drunk (with stars) is a new one.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

What about a memory foam bed on top of a gigantic pile of gold?

You need to think outside of the box: memory gold.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Accepting a sort of corruption for power tends to be pretty irreversible and life-changing.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Throne is likely suffering several Holy Wars at any one moment. Just because the Demiurges don't openly fight doesn't mean there is peace.

If you use the corpse of a dead God as a mobile battle station, something must be holy.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He got killed so hard his physical body shell got sent to the void.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He's the police chief who has the mayor breathing down his neck.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

obviously, whichever god created allisons earth is far more wise and benevolent than our own if they decided to omit the island exclusively inhabited by things that kill you

Having no continent to their own, all things that are out to kill you have spread out over the world. Thus in Allison's world, everything is trying to kill you all the time. This is why killing 6 Billion Demons is no big deal for her.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

White Chain punched a couple, and there was that big fight over Allison.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Comrade Gorbash posted:

The gods of Throne make the Greek Pantheon seem reasonable, compassionate, even-keeled, and prudish.

The pantheon started with a single God so bored they killed themselves, resulting in the 2 new gods fighting for ages before having wicked make-up sex.

Probably not the best foundation for a pantheon.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

So is the implication that Mottom's about to plunder Earth unless stopped?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

You may have some luck deploying some ultra effective laser cannons. Can't dodge something that strikes the very instant you can even see it firing.

But then you may need magic to power said cannons without house sized batteries. Need enough power to vaporize whatever gets hit, so it can't possibly react.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

His people are starving to death. A face full of PERISH for his entire world is merciful.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

That's what you get for sending a flower child.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

We can retire, the best pun has been found in a Haystack.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She was hungry, had to eat some concubines to look fresh again.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Did she have dinner with that one person sitting there, or are all the empty seats vacant because she ate the occupants?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The cruelty is half the taste, though. Things taste a lot sweeter when half a world died to bring it to you.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Jagganoth is a cool dude, he'll help Allison because it's the right thing to do.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Mottom's motivation is simple: you can't stuff your face with a large, empty void.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I read the page thinking Mottom tricked Allison, in order to steal her youth. But the testifruit being the key to Hottom makes more sense. Can't have the main character become a decrepit mummy this early in the story.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

My Skeleton Fucks

My skeleton bones.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

Zoss aint god, god is dead i asked him myself.

As long as you remember him, god lives on in our hearts.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Just beat her up to near death a few times, she'll catch up.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I see Admiral Splinter is there with his monocle. Wonder if he brought his Vice-Admirals Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raffael.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hastet's been on his agonizing deathbed for countless years, kept alive by a little nibble of the youth-fruit every evening.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Perhaps, by convincing the demiurges to walk a better path and transform themselves as people, by slaying their demons if you will, Allison will have made them demiurges no more, and thus slain them.

Kill Six Billion Inner Demons.

She's a barista, she'll have experience listening to whining and complaining. Zoss couldn't have picked better.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

If she wanted to truly reform, she'd PERISH the most corrupt kings and queens until the rest fell in line.

But that's hard work and she's got a cushy life, so she's just putting it off until next Sunday. But then Sunday is her day off....

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It is a fantasy story, as soon as one falls and chaos descends upon the multiverse, heroes will pop up left, right and center to make a name for themselves.

For more than a few the name will be a sort of tree, though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

How do you call the devout but short of breath followers of Aesma?

Aesmathic.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Turns out Mottom can't actually kill people. Turning them into a tree or plant let's her skirt that rule.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

Who wants flashbacks to Amnesia: Dark Descent?

Not me but I'm getting them anyway! :cenobite:

Wanna trade for Deadly Premonition flashbacks?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

I think Mottom is just crazy and Hastet-Om isn't really talking to anyone.

Even if he were talking, nobody could understand him. He's barking mad and speaking gibberish.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Poltergrift posted:

(Also, if there's a pun in "gibberish," I'm missing it.)

The "gibberish" joke has now been planted, but it'll take some time to come to fruition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I think it's actually Hastet-Om who is immortal and she's just leeching off of his immortality with the ball fruits.

She Perished him, but not the ful blown instant tree she can do now. More like roots crawling out of every orifice, then interred him and a nice tree came out of the ground.