Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Both statements are true.

YS ATN VARAMA PRESH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I love how everyone is assuming that she's not the actual heir. Oh, it's obviously her boyfriend, right?

Also, the RPG needs better stat names for the first few. "Strength" and "Skill" are lame, but "Wrath" and "Art" are cool.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I've been enjoying this comic, but... what does "demon" actually mean in this context?

Demons are beings born of the Hot Black Flame, one of the four pieces of God. They are typically violent and destructive and crave conflict. Mortals summon them into existence by giving them masks and many names, which define them and limit them. As they make deals and grow in power, they gain finer masks and fewer names, which make them stronger and less limited, though they tend to change drastically over their existences. Ebon devils, the rarest and most powerful, have only one name.

e: Oh wait, that's devils. Probably the same.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 10, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

So what's that alt-text supposed to mean? That 6 Juggernaut Star actually wants to get rid of all the Demiurges and install a new King? If I'm interpreting things right, the Breaker of Divinities is Zoss and it seems like 6 Juggernaut Star was the one to have struck the finishing blow as the Thorn Knight who lopped his head off looks like 6 in armor.

No, Zoss killed the gods, and became Royalty himself.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Oh, I thought it was Slayer and the Breaker of Divinities.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

His throne is higher, too. He's always just a little bit taller than everyone else.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Giant Ethicist posted:

Interesting that Delicious' true form is at least as feminine as White Chain's.

Those on the path of Petals are reviled by other Angels for a lot of reasons.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

We're all just being faux-indo-hindu-mystical because it's part of the fun. The trick is to string together lots of consonants in all caps.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I love the Aesma stories. She'd such an incredible jerk, but everyone else is so stuck up that she's the only one who gets anything done (and then learns nothing from the experience.)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

And this is over the entire length of creation. 6 Juggernaut Star has been killed 5 times, ever. I guess going all angel tea party makes you buff.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Or the Thorn Knights just make shells that suit their twisted selves better.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The background Thorns are really weak by this comic's design standards.They're all the same.

For a group who worship uniformity, purity, and sterility, that's to be expected.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I dunno man, she's from LA. This might be an even contest.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Wow I did a little re-read of K6BD, and I only just now realized that a bunch of the characters and quotes in the author's notes story time section are from comments.

Crowdsourced profundity, man. It's a little weird how well it's worked.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Cio doesn't have that many names, either. Maybe she just likes being a Blue devil.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

How long has Allison been sort of simmering/mildly on fire? :crossarms:

The whole time they've been in the void. Since humanity is partly physical she doesn't cast a solid shadow there.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I wonder if Vladok could break his mask because he was buff and it was old and worn? Like, the absolute worst case for devil binding gone wrong.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Well the Angels are made from the Cold White Flame, order in its harshest form, as opposed the chaotic Hot Black Flame which the Devils are made from. It stands to reason that they are unchanging without their armor to help them experience the universe, just as the Devils are formless without a mask to define them.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

-What does a demon need to do to "improve" their name, once they have a single one remaining? One of the background red demons says that they used to be a gold one before their name "grew old" and Vladok seems interested in improving his, so it is possible.
-How does thst Sphinx guild master fit in this cosmology?

Devils probably cheat a mortal out of their own name in a deal.

Preem Nand is a Servant who summoned a Devil into himself for more power because he's crazy.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Razor Jacksuit posted:

I feel dumb. Which strip/panel do we first see Vladok in that he has a red mask?

His first appearance, but it was barely red so everyone thought he was an Ebon and Operant rolled with it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

They're the "orthodox" adventurers.

The terrible fire of Will does not burn within their brows. They are unfit to be in the presence of Royalty.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

Solomon David is my favorite demiurge b/c all the others we have seen are these grotesque weirdos — and lets be real, theres no way a guy called "Incubus" isnt also going to be mondo grody — and David is just this haughty guy in a chair.

e. also i just realized that White Chain's "be not" mantra they use when wrecking Preem Nand's creepy doll-devils in Hell 71 is a reference to angels in the bible saying "be not afraid".

White Chain isn't saying that, it's leaking out of their shell of its own accord. They cracked up a bit when they lied to Preem Nand.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if you could make some kind of horrible Cronenberg living car to drive around the void. I bet some kind of gross terrible wizard has done that.

That's basically what Juggernaut Star did.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

She is going to be so incredibly hung over.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

So if I'm reading the rules right, as a Boss you can basically play as the actual Sicilian mafia if you want?

Or Fagin, or the leader of a mercenary company.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Well, I guess there's a reason they're called the Scoured Worlds.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Doesn't look like the fruit grow there any more. Surprised she hasn't dropped this world and started going to one she hasn't ruined yet instead. If there are any.

She has 111,111 of them. As long as she paces herself (not a guarantee for the demiurge of Gluttony) they'll grow back by the time she makes her way back around.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

There's advanced technology in the multiverse, the Demiurges just keep it to themselves. It would all be reduced to ash in a single searing moment of godly regard anyway.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah the impression I get is everything's all medieval-style not because they're super backwards compared to us but because they use magic and slaves to do everything we do with machines better so why bother

that city coulda been all Star Trek gleaming skyscrapers until Mottom came along

And there's a lot of things machines can't do. You can't take them into the void without vast expenditures of magic or attention, so it's muscle power all the way. Luckily there are servant races that exist for this specific purpose.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mottom's guys literally walk around with platters on their heads, so she can eat whatever she wants on a moment's notice. There's decadence, and then there's dedication.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The deeds of true Royalty are by rights incomprehensible to their lessers.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Funny, I thought White Chain already knew some of the syllables of Royalty.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Going to be interesting seeing what vessel 82 comes back in.

We may already know that. Juggernaut Star mentioned a new form that Allison wouldn't find frightening.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Well the dark glasses are probably mandatory. People might not like what's under there.

Plus, you know, crown of cyan fire.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The number is which incarnation they're on (that's in the history of the universe, so 2 Michael has died once, ever.)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Begemot posted:

Well, I guess there was a fight.

And 82 did not fare so well. I like that thorn knight whose halo is just 3 knives.

I wonder if the bird guy is related to Ys-Voya.

It's 2 Michael. He has the same face.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It's The Art, so Artistry?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Zoss absolutely meant to give the key to Allison. He knows who she is, his ghost used her name. These guys are just sexist jerks.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

The only group of angels who hasn't made a play at controlling White Chain are the petal knights. We don't really know what their deal is, but given that the Thorns just killed one of their own I'm expecting them to show their hand soon.

Probably something like "gently caress the law let's get rich and wasted".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Occupy the Cold and Unforgiving Void

RoyaltyGate

Black Flames Matter