Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that poll is pretty sharp, and balanced like a good blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo, zoss

guy did not respond well to finding out god was dead, huh

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
operant i'm pretty hype for broken world but i'm hoping you take more design cues from apocalypse world than dungeon world

i wanna murder fools with 2-harm, not roll for damage

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think that an angel's actions and beliefs and feelings affect what they look like. this is why white chain looks very much like a feminine human.

being a follower of the path of thorns probably has a fairly recognizable set of effects on an angel's flame soul; as the apparent leader(?) of that sect of angels, it would make sense for juggernaut star to look really, really hosed up

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think that's in the void; that's metatron's true form, uncovered by armour.

i wonder, did the prime angels that zoss pursued into the void and double-murdered cease to exist, or do angels slain in the void reincarnate

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
surprisingly humanoid too, at that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkCrawler posted:

What is everyone's favorite character?

Mine is somebody who hasn't made an personal appearance in the story, yet influences it more then perhaps anyone else:

It feels strange that she would ever just face a direction, tell a tale and wither away.

well, she does rule regret

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm pretty sure white chain has not been messing with their own armour, though? and i can't imagine that an angel's shell has much effect on their appearance if they didn't have any control over its creation/repair

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-27/

vladok, eh

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Shipping is creepy, just like posting fan-art of comic characters making out is.

hi bravest, glad to see you found a new home after the su thread got closed :kimchi:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so, i take it allison didn't, in fact, eat the paper?

BY THE POWER OF THE MOON

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some enterprising fool in the comments suggested jack daniels

i'm okay with this

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do you think the red art works, huh?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

if a guy shows up with red eyes, his shirt unbuttoned to his belt and saying his name is Incubus, the correct response is to call literally all the police

"what you don't know yet is that you want this"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if cio means they changed as a person, or if it's more like "i'm blue now"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder how unique earth is in its unconquered state?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd like to think that a nuke is a fair match for most of the more powerful things in the multiverse

just not, well, the usurpers of the gods

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon is still my favorite angel design, though 38 Dark Spear of Thought Will Plunge Into the Flesh of Heretics is a pretty close second now.

Apparently White Chain is still pretty tough in soul form. I'm sad we didn't get to see the fight, wonder how it goes with those wing/eye hands.

was there a fight or did they just get roughly treated by the thorns after that execution there

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please source your fan art

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah, that seems way beyond the capabilities of the society in this story

like, they can do impressive stuff, but not human-indistinguishable angel suits i think

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's interesting to me that despite hating the usurping inhabitants of throne and their kinds in general, the thorns we've seen so far all look a lot more like humans and servants than the average angel

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
michael you motherfucker

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean this isn't exactly surprising given what we knew of michael and know now about the thorns but it's pretty hosed up that he's basically pretending to be unaffiliated with the thorns as the first among bodied angels while apparently actually being a huge part of their deal

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't think there were that many prime angels, relatively speaking

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, telling somebody "your funeral" in a place like throne is slightly more likely to mean you think they will actually die

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the chances of there not being some sort of holy war before the end of the comic seem vanishingly small

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think it's just the corpses of prime angels that are mobile

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

Because he ran away like a wuss. :crossarms:

let's be fair, zoss was a force of loving nature

you try to stand and fight a pyroclastic flow, you're gonna die. is there really dishonor in that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah that's not destruction at all, just suspension

like, i'm pretty sure that's how michael is in the void right now

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm pretty sure angels can handle/remove those needles though

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Gorbash posted:

When White Chain took a needle through the eye, it forced her out of her shell, but didn't damage the shell badly enough that she couldn't re-enter it once Alison took the needle out. The much bigger spike they hammered into that shell, though, probably destroyed it. At a minimum it'd take serious repair before White Chain could return to it. Thus, her state being referred to as banishment and the offer of a new body to end it.

did they hammer the spike into white chain's armour or was the hammer for destroying her armour after she was banished?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he knows her name, but there's a cultural misunderstanding at play regarding what her name actually means

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's arguable that it makes some sense calling all humans she seeing as they're formed from part of the feminine black flame

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

honestly after some of the stuff i've been consuming lately my standards for "feminine" and "masculine" have been so incredibly loosened that i could see that one going either way :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i for one welcome white chain's metamorphosis into the most loose-cannon cop in creation

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

White Chain nooooooooo :ohdear:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
despite the inherent suffering of existence, i would prefer to be alive, and for humans and other kinds of sapient beings to continue to exist

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, she did lie to the gilded androsphynx guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
technically speaking the children of the hot black flame are devils

a demon could just be like, anybody who's a corrupt rear end in a top hat growing fat off the pillaging of the multiverse and its inhabitants