Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
He explicitly said it's fine to share. Go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Begemot posted:

Glad to see INGSVLD is still alive, I thought he got an arrow through his book, but apparently that's not actually fatal!

Judging by the faces Cio's book has made, even beheadings aren't fatal, just really really miserable because now you're at whoever's mercy until you get a body again (if that's even a thing).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It's dawning on her that her best shot at tracking Allison is to follow Eris Lo-Kai (who she was fighting not that long ago!), which means she's stuck hanging around with a bunch of assholes who are all thinking the same thing, and also INGSVLD who is not an rear end in a top hat and very clearly deserves that key and she feels guilty for infringing upon his noble pursuit out of avarice for power :colbert:.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Given that INGSVLD's body/soul is white(ish) in the void, he's definitely a Servant. Given the way Cio is toting around the head of one of his kin, and that servants were all built with a single purpose in mind, I've always imagined that they're basically self-writing books, and as they wander around accumulating knowledge it ends up written on their pages so that anyone can read it (well, once you've beheaded them, at least).

Probably the original idea was you have a bunch of them, and when you want to read one you call them over, take off their head, and put it back on when you're done, all very convenient. Of course, when you're whatever random person in modern Throne and don't command the unwavering loyalty of a Book, you're more likely to rip the head off by force and just keep it with you forever.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I feel like running the new version of the official RPG in Trad Games.

Do it. Do it do it doitdoitdoitdoitdoitDO IT.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Given what being a Thorn Knight does to your actual angelic body, it's probably a pretty bad idea to wear their duds, no matter how swag they may be.

Going to be interesting seeing what vessel 82 comes back in.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

im the first dude counterclockwise from white chain, running like im late for the fight

I'm not in this scene because I am chasing that goddamn key give it to me dammit.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Close, but Gog-Agog is Envy/Worms.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

MikeJF posted:

That is the question, isn't it. If he's not, it's just another form of death. If he is, it's something really awful. I suspect he is.

I dunno, achieving enlightenment in tree-form seems like an attainable goal.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

So, unlike a certain other comic with reader input, today's update is both pretty and good! :v:

Also, K6BD got a shoutout on the Super Best Friends podcast, so that was nice to hear. Hopefully that means more people reading and throwing patreon dollars at Abbadon.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 13, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Oh geez little girl Mottom is dangerously adorable.

SexyBlindfold posted:

No, no, Gog-Agog is the most fun Demiurge there is. It's just that, unlike Gog-Agog, Mottom's fun times don't entirely intersect with her "everyone around me is screaming in abject horror" times.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Gog-Agog spends most of their time being a celebrity (while their 7th of the universe sorta goes to poo poo (well, more to poo poo)), so that might actually not be that bad.

I really hope now that Allison gets to chill with all of the demiurges before defeating them.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Benson Cunningham posted:

At this point, I'm fairly certain Zoss is dead / only exists in Allison's head. Previously I thought there was some room for interpretation, but this latest comic cemented it for me at least.

Zoss is 100% dead, yes. His death is what set events in motion.

Causality and the linear flow of time just don't mean quite as much when you're the inheritor of all creation.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Operant posted:

Weirdly I don't think so, it's a kind of long and awkward story that I like to think gets by on the format. You could do like a 20 minute art-focused short of it and I think it would work really well, or like a short animated movie, but I don't think it would adapt to a series well.

So if you were approached with an offer for a K6BD animated series, do you think you'd instead try a different story in the same universe, or would you want to try something else entirely?

Do any of the demiurges have a domain that's actually relatively nice?

My own bias is really obvious, but do you have a favorite Pursuer?

Also, I got my FLCS to stock the comic, I look forward to picking it up!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Operant posted:

I'd say the demiurges all rule places that are more or less ok to live in. They're kings that rule insane amounts of territory, and I like to imagine most of them rule by proxy or vassalage. That said, I think Solomon's political structure is probably the most total and also the most stable, he's got a sort of roman empire thing going on with citizenship and (theoretical) voting rights.

Alright, new demiurge POWER RANKING questions: rank the demiurges from most to least pleasant to hug.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Do we know much about the guy with a book for a face? I want to know more about him.

I'm glad you asked, and most certainly wasn't eagerly waiting for somebody to ask about him because he was my submission (disclaimer: every aspect of his design is Abbadon's doing)!

That's Ingsvld, a Geas Knight who is (or was, at least) in the service of the Guild of Haberdashers and the Coalition of Wax Drippers. He was part of the group that confronted Preem Vash and Delicious as they tried to leave Preem Nand's slave house with Allison. That didn't go well for him exactly, but he pulled through. He presumably got involved in the brawl going on at the same time, because when we next saw him, in the little side picture showing off the Pursuers, he'd taken an arrow through the head, which is more of an inconvenience than anything else. Since then, he's travelled with the other Pursuers in, well, pursuit of Allison, sneaking into the party through the opening that 6 Juggernaut Star made when he murdered those guards. And now he's here!

He's a Servant, and judging by the fact that Cio is toting around a (still-living) head of another of his kind, and the fact that the link to the wiki is similarly a one-eyed book, their purpose is probably pretty much to be books that write themselves/repositories of knowledge.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 27, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Sweet, thanks. Do we have a name for the guy on the right? He's the other fighter I'm interested in.

Abbadon is a madman for how many designs there are for characters.

That is Kierinsaval of the Golden Feather, a peregrine knight and total jerk who doesn't recognize that the geas knights are way better :argh:. He's another fan-submitted character (if you go back through the comments sections, you'll find a whole lot of silly slapfights between Kierinsaval and Ingsvld).

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 27, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

But do I duel as my pursuers character or as my persona that appears in the below-comic proverbs?

smh if they're not one and the same :smuggo:. Yours is Krismayana, right?

Clearly the true solution is lobby Abaddon to have your proverb persona added in as well. Who knows, maybe Colonel Bug on this page is Pavlov?!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'm pretty sure that Master Ibis there is another one of Monkey's comrades meeting an unfortunate fate. I really hope he pulls through, I like him. Then again, I like literally every character on this page, so.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Which wall did giant baby smash through? I can't find the crane guy anywhere in the big spread.

I think it's behind the viewer perspective--none of the group whose positions you know relative to Hrotomos show up in the big spread.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I imagine that the number of pursuers fluctuates a lot, growing as they chase after Allison and more people follow them, and then you get a massive culling as a bunch of them die off when they find her and FIGHT TIME breaks out. The weak get weeded out of the pack,and the strong continue to hone their skills (and as word spreads stronger and stronger people join the chase) until you've got a solid core of 108 of the mightiest warriors in all of existence who chase after Allison and it's barely even about the key anymore it's just what they do.

And of course as the veterans travel together, that mutual loathing turns into a strange kind of respect, and if an outsider thinks they're going to kill a member of the group they've got another thing coming because half of the Pursuers are determined that they will be the one to finish that bastard off at the next Fight and no two-bit sword master is going to take that away from them.

Aesma would loving love the whole thing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

"A hammer's size need only meet that of its task at hand." - Krismayana

Translation: GIT GOOD INGSVLD

Eat poo poo you mouth-having rear end in a top hat, we all know the other hammer's too heavy to fight with and you just carry it around for show :argh:

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 8, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Pretty sure INGSVLD is alive, just severely inconvenienced.

Uktulkti, on the other hand, has just had his part in the Great Indoor Fight cut short by being turned into cowboy sauce.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

SexyBlindfold posted:

Quick show of hands, who's preordered the K6BD book?? Just so we can tell the Allisons from the Zaids :smugdog:

Does it count if I got my local store to stock it?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Got my print copy! It's smaller than I expected, but its super nice to have it in print form, where I can loan it to friends to oblige them to read it so I can point out ING SD and tell them "That dude is my dude! There's a good chance he just died!"

Operant had better make bank off of this or there is no justice.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Tetracube posted:

Mammon was the only one weaker but the implication is he has some other quality which makes him terrifying as opposed to just being a lovely demiurge

I think it was the reverse--he's terrifyingly strong, but he has an exploitable flaw that makes him less dangerous.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, either White Chain is surprisingly light, or sacrifice-girl is hella strong.

Sacrifice girl is holding onto White Chain, but White Chain's actually supporting her weight by holding onto the ship's railing there.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Certainly everyone who posts on page 108 will be made into a pursuer.

26 Benson Chief JUNKER Cunningham Snatch All The Snatchers

I would like to use this post to keep my pursuer hopefully not-yet-dead instead :P

So next arc is Mammon and Himself, right?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Isn't that INGSVLD?

or maybe just a relative?

INGSVLD's eye is blue. This guy's been with Cio for a while now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

A lot of the pursuers are actually based on descriptions that readers submitted to the comic.

So they're kinda-sorta fan characters. Krismayana is mine. INGSVLD is another goon's.

That goon would be me! I did an embarrassing happy-dance when he first showed up. Really hoping he can go the distance.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

They also have some kind of feud going with INGSVLD. I forget why.

If I remember correctly it started when he made some general diss on Geas Knights (Kierinsaval being a Peregrine Knight). I responded, and it all kind of spiraled from there.

I should note that that's purely comment-section and non-canon at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if Abbadon adopted it into the comic proper, if he ever decided to give more screentime to the pursuers.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Wanting to date Cio? Well... Yeah, I guess I can see that.

Wanting to date Princess Mamoru Moonshine? Back of the line, buddy, I was here first.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Anyone submit ideas?

I would,assume just about everyone. Getting a character in is a good goddamn feeling.

Time to see if I can make it four :pray:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

berenzen posted:

I can't draw worth poo poo, so I wrote a poem/song.

Neither can I, so I'm writing long overwrought entries from INGSVLD's perspective. The first one I won't be able to retrieve until comments actually go up, but here's what I just submitted:

INGSVLD posted:

While the works of 11 Ocean Crushes Falsehood With Unknowable Depths are widely held to be some of the finest and most influential works of philosophy penned by an angel, I must admit I am not able to hold him in quite so high regard as others do. It began, you see, when I came across an archive of his personal correspondence with Bhayirra Aesmani, a human contemporary, in which they argued the extent to which we are shaped by the fires from which we spring forth. One point, which 11 Ocean presented as a simple matter of fact, was that it was not possible for a devil to know true loyalty, born as they are of the hot black flame. While I cannot say that it is particularly *common* trait, I myself have seen a devil display devotion the likes of which would do a Geas knight proud.

I had business once, at the Grand Dragon's Bank, on behalf of the Coalition of Wax Drippers. As I waited for the clerk to transmit my request into the proper hands, I was greeted with a strange sight for so grand a place--a red devil, dressed in a boiler suit and quite thoroughly covered in soot, with a pallid devil sat upon his shoulder quite carefully. Curious, and more than a little bored, I asked him his story. He introduced himself as Ottokar and explained that he was here to make further payment on his debt.

You see, he was not a mechanic but a demolitionist, making his living blasting out old structures to make way for the new, as expertly engineered by his business partner, and close friend of countless years, his fellow red, Udo. Theirs was not a large firm, but it did well enough to make enemies, who sabotaged a routine demolition to arrange Udo's demise. With his friend's mask crumbling in his hands, Ottokar had become desperate, rushing to the nearest devilbinder he could find. Udo's life was saved, though considerably reduced--indeed, he was the pale devil who now sat perched upon Ottokar--but there was worse to come. Ottokar had little time for bargaining, you see, and the binder was a cruel businessman, charging a ruinous price--all Ottokar had he had to sell or mortgage to the Grand Dragon to be able to pay--and now he was ensnared in a web of debt that he could never escape. He walked into all of this knowingly, for the sake of his friend, and even now I could see he was more concerned with the state of his friend than his own well-being, going to great length to explain just how much Udo had retained his mechanical skill despite his current state. It was at this time that my clerk returned, and I had to proceed with my business, but that meeting has stuck with me as an example of how we are so much more than mere products of the Flames.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

And another one down! Acrobat and Face left to go. :toot:.

INGSVLD posted:

No, I can understand why you think that I would be uncomfortable in this situation. After all, my quest is one that lends itself to long periods in solitude, after all. But this pursuit we now find ourselves on is not the first time that I have hunted with others, nor is it the first time I have travelled with those that I knew I would be fighting, in due course.

It was the great city of Issh, as I recall, in Mammon's domain, that was suffering from the presence of a great and terrible beast, so mighty, it was said, that it had consumed an angel whole, and that in this act of ferocity it had reached an enlightenment, manifested upon its brow as a great ley-stone. To rid himself of this beast that was too great for any one warrior to slay, the King ordered a great hunt, declaring that the hunters would decide among themselves to whom the beast's prize went.

There were many foolhardy souls that answered the call, brashly overestimating their own power, but among the throngs there were a few that stood out. I'll not describe all of them, of course, but one whose company I enjoyed in particular was a green devil, by the name of Azzaraqqa. He was something of a theologian, you see, and in his study he was particularly struck by the tale of Aesma and the Master of Aesthetic. In fact, he had reached the conclusion that violence was not merely the universal art, but the universal language, as well, and that all spoken and written tongues were crude facsimiles, incapable of imparting true meaning. Indeed, he looked forward not to the slaying of the beast, or for its prize in and of itself, but for the fight that all knew would ensue after the beast's death. To him, it would be a grand and beautiful symposium, in whose movements he would find not only beauty and further fluency in the Language, but a chance for a glimpse at the 'true' syllables of Royalty. As we grew closer to the beast, his eagerness only grew. These people in the crowd were coming to know each other, he said, and so the meaning their blows would impart would be that much more profound.

He was disappointed, in the end. While the beast was slain, at the cost of many a life, it quickly became apparent that the leystone was naught but a fanciful story, spread by the king to attract hunters without the need to pay them. It was at this point that I took my leave in search of a venture that might actually yield me some progress, so I was not present at the Fall of Issh, when the hunters descended upon the city with a great and terrible vengeance, so I do not know what became of Azzaraqqa, but I suspect that what he learned there fell short of the battle he had been hoping for.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

poo poo, I meant to enter.

There's like a week and a half to go. Start writing!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Oscar's got about fifty friends backing him up, so his confidence isn't unwarranted.

Also I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be wearing those pants and not feel incredibly confident.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

It did kill him, actually, but some people don't die if they are killed

Oh, he's definitely dead, he's just far enough along the path to royalty that he isn't letting that stop him. Linear time is a lie and all that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Aw gently caress, it's available in hoodie form. If it was just a t-shirt I might have been able to resist, but no way is that happening now.

I hope w get a lot of cosplay out of this.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

My God, it's perfect. Of course has a desk. A really nice desk, too. The ebons are all about their big dramatic pillars and nonsense, but Himself just wants a tasteful desk because it's so perfectly absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Am I projecting too hard in seeing something like a coding joke in Xand and Nxor's names?

Nope, it's pointed out in the original submission.

And alas, I think this will be the end of my perfect submission contest record :v:. There's a lot of entries that outdid me this time, we got a whole lot of great art out of it.