Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Kill Six Billion Demon's Sword-Meeting With Cyrus the Restless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The undefeated swordsman is exceptionally poor. This is why Incubus will never surpass Maya, he keeps beating her. And that isn't blood in her mouth, it's broth from her victory noodles.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Maya may have saved the rat but there's no doubt in my mind she got her rear end whooped by Incubus. She wins when she loses and Inky loses whenever he wins

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Solomon's daughters sure didn't

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Meti trained zero students and just had two morons following her around who would listen to her talk sometimes.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

ASAPRockySituation posted:

The angel wings make me think that we may be reuniting with cio and white chain. We know neither of them are truly dead as demons live in the darkness without a mask, lost, but the wheel smashing lord may go off to find her. White chain is absolutely not dead and is just hanging out with the other pissed off, disembodied angels. I just wonder how she'll go on a journey to get them back.

Is White Chain not standing on Maya's right with Nyave and Princess?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This is going to be the best book out of all of them.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

If Meti saw what these nerds were naming themselves to she'd slay them where they stood

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I don't think you could embarrass Inkadink with the Pale Bolt thing, he's still working on the wavelength that having a special name is badass and awesome. Maya, however...

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Royalty is fake and an excuse to revolve your life around being a miserable murderer.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Nobody in this thread is going to achieve royalty at this rate folks

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

You must strive for attachment-non-attachment when probating. Your probe must be sticky and resolute. A weak, listless probe is a despicable thing. But you must also not cling to your moderation, or its result. Clinging is the great error of men. A man who moderates without thought of his action can ban God.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Swear I saw somewhere that "demon" was nonspecific for any Really Bad Guy. The only demon killed so far was Nadia's husband and the six billion number is probably metaphorical.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Ditch posted:

What book did this happen in? I can never find it.

Right here.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

LET'S GOOOO BALD ARC

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Scallop Eyes posted:

Allison's gonna have to learn to use underhanded means to have a chance in these fights, such as drinking all the booze before Maya does.

Oh man the devil drinking contest was foreshadowing

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I assume this is going to end up with her having to cut through the real problem: Metatron.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Royalty is a scam made up by crown companies to sell more crowns.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The only true royal in Achewood is Mr. Bear, that's been pretty conclusively decided in-comic

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Youremother posted:

Maya may have saved the rat but there's no doubt in my mind she got her rear end whooped by Incubus. She wins when she loses and Inky loses whenever he wins

I was right!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Begemot posted:

By his standards, he also didn't win: she's still alive.

Incubus wins every fight; Maya wins every battle. Ink schools Maya ten ways from Sunday in a straight fight every single time but he will never, ever get what he wants from his victories.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Wait, how is Incubus connected to Metatron?

Actually, what is Metatron's deal again? I kinda forgot they even existed what with Jaggy being on his whole "about to destroy the universe" kick.

Metatron is a Prime Angel, the oldest living thing in existence, and the thing most closest to the original gods of the universe. Metatron is the one who tasked Jagganoth with destroying the universe, but Jagganoth thinks if he takes down Metatron he can rebuild the universe in his own, more peaceful image.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

BORN IN A CESSPIT
RAISED BY THE BLADE
GODHOOD AND CUTTIN
IS ALL THAT I CRAVE

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

True royalty is eating your roommate's labeled leftovers out of the fridge without asking or even leaving a note.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm gonna post here to add more to the unread count and confuse more people if the update has dropped yet. Excited!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Allison is the living proof that fundamentals<schmovement

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Maya criticizing her dead children instead of talking about how much she loves or misses them, especially that she was criticizing that they were too happy and loved her too much, is a great character moment for her.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Incubus understood Meti's teachings better than Maya, but Meti knew he would only use them for evil. Maya still doesn't get it, and Meti wrote the Sword Manual in hopes she'd finally understand the mistake of her attachments. This is why Maya holds that grudge against Ink, she still doesn't truly understand death. Teaching Allison may be her path to true understanding.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

It makes her Cut dissolute, and that's why she can't put Incubus down for good. Her resentment and sorrow are keeping her from realizing her total will.

Maybe through this you can see how Royalty isn't a good thing.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Not even her own kids can escape her cutting. Probably going to be one of my favorite little moments in the strip

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

6. In time, your body will grow to love being body slammed by one dozen perfect wrestlers, and the blood in your mouth will turn to victory wine.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Elder Scrolls lore is one of the primary inspirations for KSBD's weirdness, and the actual source of the line "reach heaven by violence". Michael Kirkbride is kind of like Abaddon if he were like 50% more crazy

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The Very Wise Duck walked up to the most holy temple, and he said to the the sword law master running the temple, "got any grapes?"

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I only just remembered Meti has a nose piercing and didn't shed a single tear when Alison gave the perfect answer.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

YaketySass posted:

One thing I'm not sure about : since there are as many keys as there are universes, does that mean a herald with a single key lended to them can only use it to navigate from Throne to one world and back, or can it be used to travel freely?

Every Key has one Door to one universe. Alison's key is special because it's the only one that gives her the ability to freely travel between worlds.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The only winning move is not to play :)

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Yeah, Zaid was the heir, the only reason Allison got the key is because Zaid got snatched and Zoss got his head chopped off. Allison being a complete mistake is the reason she's the only True Heir.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

"We don't make cosmic mistakes, we have happy little cosmic accidents"

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

We we warned this was gonna be the darkest book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Much like when Cio died, I have trust and patience for the power of serialized media to come to a reasonable conclusion.