Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

M. Propagandalf posted:

I am hoping to live long enough to see a filmed adaptation, and I've been going through my mind how I would at least cast the Seven.

If filming could start today, my picks for 4/7 would run something along:

Dave Bautista as Jagganoth
Robert Pattinson as Incubus
Toni Collette as Mottom
Idris Elba as Solomon David

You'd probably need to cast at least two different actress as Mottom, what with her age changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Allison's butch new look is kinda reminiscent of Incubus. Might just be the white hair + scars.
Incubus himself looks quite happy that everything is going to poo poo. He finally got to go full anime!
Jadis broke out of her paperweight! She looks half-proud of herself, half-kinda embarrassed.
Gog Agog seems to have dropped the "your pal, Gog Agog!" personna. She's upset and brooding and... drooling?
Mammon and Mottom are still going at each other instead of paying attention to what's happening around.
Solomon Dave is a lot less smug now. I didn't even see him at first, until the "tattoo" comment. Just barely larger than Mottom, and his back turned.
Jagganoth does not need much comment, he's the star of this book and gets to be the Giant Looming Figure Looking At The Readers.
As for the landscape, it's suitably armageddony: ruins, bones, smoke, and a fiery red sky.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

bitprophet posted:

DBZ powerup noise! Except Solomon is bald so I guess he can’t really go SSJ? 🤔

His beard could go blond and spiky instead.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

poo poo now we gotta redo all the b-ball edits to be about baseball. REACH HOME PLATE THROUGH VIOLENCE.

We need to invent Basket Base Ball.

I have no idea how that would play.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if there were worms always under the surface of rubaya waiting to slither up.

Rayuba. And the other demiurges arrived by teleporting, so these worms may as well. Even if it's more prosaic than having blast-resistant worms in the charred corpses. I don't think Gog Agog's strength comes from having each worm be individually invulnerable, just that she has trillions of them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Rayuba City proper seems to have not been too affected by the blast. The crowd of onlookers should better prepare to evacuate and go seek cover on the other side of some big mountain range that's itself behind the horizon as seen from the remains of the Ring of Power.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThaumPenguin posted:

I wonder what this showdown would've been like with whatever the original roster of the seven were, the one in which Savvy Jack was the sixth member.

Jagganoth, the early years before he left Gluttony to Mottom and decided to bench-press instead.
Gog-Agog was already worm-themed but looked more like some sort of Ankou than the jester gal persona.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I get from that figure, with the melting candle on the head and the dripping worms, that this version of the demiurge was basically "walking reminder of human mortality". You know the whole "conqueror worm" thing, whose mere presence screams at everyone to remember they'll be worm food eventually.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Graduation is a continuous papercutting motion.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I don't think she's as scared as she seems, Gog is a clown and clowns exaggerate their emotions for effect.

Gog's terrified because the audience numbers of the Gogcast are declining sharply as 90% of the population is running for the hills; and this in turn is causing the GogCoin to lose most of its value.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Is the thing we're gonna hate is Allison falling for Jag's scam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DarkCrawler posted:

The text is essential to the full KSBD experience for Intra alone.

Anyone else thought there would be a full book for each of the Seven like with Mottom, Mammon and Solomon David? Incubus has had his equivalent moment in the spotlight through Allison and Maya but I feel like we don't know as much about Gog-Agog, Jagganoth and Jadis, with much of what we know being out-of-comic lore.

I feel like we had introduction & Mottom, then Mammon and Incubus, then Solomon and Gog-Agog, and now we have Jagganoth & Jadis.