Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

New Page! http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-110/

I can't believe sweet Auntie Maya is gonna cut an angel in half with a hairpin.

"Dance on that!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Both the armor and the wheels and the skeletons and the bike and everything else are a ruse; Juggs' real body is a tea cup.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Oh no, crate-sempai!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

IUG posted:

I had a weird extra bit of text on this page in my book:
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-24/

I'm at work so I can't look at my physical book. But on that statue in the foreground in the third panel, there's a bit of text saying how his people don't like humans. I assume that's in other people's copies too?

Well if you look carefully at the online copy, second panel, you'll notice some oddities too. Apparently Allison used to say "Drink this" in another balloon connected to her first (look at the incomplete top of her speech balloon) and this was hastily corrected to have "Drink this." said by White Chain. But the balloon surgery job was botched, and "Drink this." still appears on top of the building in the background.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
One shitposting, the other postshitting.

One in the band, the other in the wagon.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The craziest French comics were written either by a Chilean of Ukrainian origin, Alejandro Jodorowsky, or by the Bosnian/Slovak Enki Bilal. Still got some pure French craziness like Druillet or the great Giraud (Moebius).

Fun fact about the Black Moon Chronicles: one of the authors, Froideval, is responsible for the Tarrasque monster in D&D. If you read the BMC, you'll totally get the feeling that these people are the player characters in exactly the kind of crazy D&D campaign where the DM has to invent overpowered bullshit monsters such as the Tarrasque. Though I'm most fond of his 666 series which is just exceedingly silly.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

Speaking of crazy French comics, is there a thread for locating comics you don't remember the name of? There was one series I read about a generic hero guy, an old man and his two magical daughters going on adventures with their pet troll.

Lanfeust de Troy?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The angels are genderless in the same way that western society is colorblind: there's a gender or ethnicity that is assumed to be the default, and if you're not it, you're a bad person.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tetracube posted:

Mammon was the only one weaker but the implication is he has some other quality which makes him terrifying as opposed to just being a lovely demiurge

He's a banker.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cryophage posted:

The issue is that gifs only support 1 bit transparency; a pixel is transparent or it isn't. You can't have a nice clean fade into the background like you would hope to.
So instead what you have to do is tell it "this is what the background colour will be, please pretend to fade into it."
In this case, I set the matte to Forums Default Gray and prayed no one would post it to FYAD.

APNGs don't have this limitation, but they don't work on Chrome or Opera without an addon, and they don't work on IE/EDGE at all. (Though "don't work" here merely means "only display the first frame" so it's not necessarily too bad.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, you could just cut out the middleman and skip straight to being an idiot

That's real-world royalty, as opposed to K6BD Royalty.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Glumslinger posted:

"Look, I had a lot more fun at the grand canyon that I expected"

If any of her friends had known or guessed what "trip to the grand canyon" actually meant, that's going to be awkward.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Jadis is just too lazy to age.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
4305 Shitposts Clogging the Thread

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Poltergrift posted:

Mottom is the demiurge equivalent of Garfield.

I hope we'll see Mottom stomping on spiders later.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Operant, plz draw some Mottomfield strips, thx

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Very harsh aliasing on that "ah!".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
His old mask was worn and torn, with a broken horn. New mask was the old made intact, but Alison had to act, and it ended up on Princess in fact.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Because they don't believe me when I tell them that how you spell them words don't mean they should rhyme

Visual rhymes are a thing too, you know?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You do in a visual rap battle.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like how the Chinese lantern's character vaguely looks like the word "Fin". It's appropriate for a last page in a book.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Make it so she is plucking the needle with the scissors. And then cutting her hair with the needle.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey Operant, because people periodically ask for it: do you have a mirror of "Girl" somewhere?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Who cares about bannisters!

This man:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I doubt she gives a poo poo so long as they're healthy. It's the Mykosian's mistaken assumptions that are at fault here.

Who says they're mistaken assumptions? They most probably aren't told "send us young women so that we'll kill them to feed a tree that produces butt-fruits of eternal life", they're more likely told "send us young women to serve as handmaidens to our Queen-Goddess Mottom".

Bell_ posted:

It's how Mottom wishes she was chosen. If Mottom emulated her own experience, she'd be stuffing that tree with blondes and forcing a platinum wig on the bug maiden.

It's not the same experience, but it definitely results in targeting the same kind of women that Mottom herself was: smart and good at math, but also beautiful.

It's probably part of Mottom's self-loathing that she'd murder people similar to how she once was.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Everyone is voiced by Kristen Schaal.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

The way devils are used is kinda hosed up.

Looks like Hermione Granger doesn't exist in this universe.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cio melted the key she stole and forged it into the scissors, obviously.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Malpais Legate posted:

Someone wanna explain the Devils and names thing? I thought they shed names to go up in power, more names made them less powerful. Or did I get this in reverse?

That's the idea, but it's probably not as simple. The name must correspond to the devil to give it a real identity; if you make a new devil and just call it Bob I doubt you'll get an ebon devil this way. You'd probably just get a half-formed mass of flame that needs more names to acquire a solid identity. And I'd tend to suppose that while they shed names, they also acquire new ones, such as perhaps replacing two human-given names by one names they give themselves.

Cio's former name was very long and Yabalchoath is just what she remembers of it. Allison managing to somehow rechristen Cio Yabalchoath wouldn't restore her to ebon devil status.

Come to think of it, Vladok was probably not the full name either.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SunAndSpring posted:

Wonder who locked up Himself. Looks like his cage is impaled with a bunch of Vacus Needles, so chances are the angels shoved him in that box and the other Ebon Devils really don't want to draw their ire by opening it, seeing as how it only took like 5 normal rear end angels to kill what was probably the strongest one.

Alternatively, none of them want to be the closest thing to a really pissed-off Himself who's just been given his mobility back.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

hey girl you up posted:

i'm thinking allison's magic scissors and now this unexplained haircutting are foreshadowing for some bigger barber-related twist

Barber shenanigans and devil musical fight shenanigans are just foreshadowing to K6BD Act 2, where Allison, Cio, White Chain, and Princess Mamoru Moonshine create a barbershop quartet. (Nyave is their manager, since she's good at maths.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SunAndSpring posted:

Also how the gently caress do you pronounce "Nyave"? Does it rhyme with Knave or is it like Ny-A-Vee?

Like "naïve" but with the vowels the other way around.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Webcomic law requires female protagonists to be either lesbian, bi-and-nympho, or asexual/straight-but-forever-virginal.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Mmmh.

2-12 followed by 2-14. Why no 2-13?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

What are all those airships actually doing out there, anyway?

Transport of goods and persons, presumably. (Also of goods that are persons.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

There's nothing but Throne, though.

Throne is a hub. It is surrounded by 777777 spokes, each one a universe born from the tale of a dead god.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Cat Mattress did you check it out? 13 episodes are online on pluzz.

No my Internet sucks too much for video streaming, getting the buffering throbber every three seconds is aggravating.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Love Boat, exciting and new!

I don't ship Cio and Allison. There's no chemistry here, just some non-reciprocated lust on Cio's part.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I could see Aesma's boyfriend becoming Himself after living with her a while, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Avshalom posted:

one of my uni friends is this autistic supergenius lunatic who loves insane high fantasy worldbuilding and complicated mythos and is also passionate about character design, and she's never been able to find a webcomic that quite meets her high standards but i got to introduce her to k6bd and at last, at last...! now i get to wake up to late-night conspiracy theories featuring characters i have absolutely no memory of who are mentioned like twice in the depths of the tumblr forging tenuous connections that don't mean anything and that i don't really care about but at least she's happy and it occupies her mind, without which she would probably be killing people and stitching them together into unholy creatures of the night by now. so thank you, abaddon

Did you tell her about Homestuck?