Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I wonder how devil liquor even effects a human shade. Allison might have the advantage here!

Or because she's a college student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well! Someone is a sore loser.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RoboCicero posted:

I would like to know more about this 'name' system, specifically how you lose names and become more powerful.

Also a bit fuzzy on exactly how the pacts work and suchlike (will Allison be carrying that mark around for the rest of the story? Do humans just sort of accumulate them?), but I'm content to let to story go on. It's weird world-building bits and bobs like this that really make K6BD a joy to read.

I imagine we're going to find out a lot about how pacts work, and specifically what happens when they broken, very soon. Or we're gonna cut back to 82 White Chain, which would be okay too.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love that Allison thinks that all you have to do is slap a mask on there :allears:

It's totally going to work.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tetracube posted:

I just read all of this and it's cool but I have no idea what the gently caress is going on?

That's cool, neither does the protagonist.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Poor Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire is really regretting her decisions right now.

Although she apparently picked up a law degree somewhere in the process, which will probably be convenient :v:

Begemot fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 28, 2015

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MikeJF posted:

i was wondering about that, if it might've been better to leave him (is it still him?) at green or something

I wonder if alison could promote cio easily too

It's her now according to the alt text. Honestly that's probably the least weird thing going on.

We know how demons get names firsthand now, but we still don't know how they lose them. Allison may or may not be able to help Cio shed a few, but it may necessitate tricking a human into a bad pact or something else she wouldn't necessarily want to do.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hypocrisy posted:

How was this guy an Ebon demon when he had a red mask to begin with.

That was just the lighting.

(People in the webcomics thread assumed he was ebon and Operant just ran with it.)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Aww, looks like Princess isn't joining the party, for now anyway. I'm sure she'll show up at some convenient point later on, probably a different color.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

paradoxGentleman posted:

...why does she have small demons inside her? I thought she only had one?

She got a small blue devil in her from drinking blue devil liquor. She just drank liquor based on all the colors of devils so....

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mr. Lobe posted:

What ARE birds?

We just don't know.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Glad to see INGSVLD is still alive, I thought he got an arrow through his book, but apparently that's not actually fatal!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Huh, and here I thought it was at least a little metaphorical.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Josef bugman posted:

I wonder if Incubus still looks halfway as pretty as he does in some of the other pictures we have seen of him? I know Mottom sure as hell doesn't, but whose to say that he may have retained his good looks.

Also whose betting that every time we see one of his "consorts" it'll be a different one each time.

Yeah I'm guessing that Solomon David is the only one who has retained his form.

I hope he doesn't ever have any underlings or other forms or anything. He's just a smug guy with the biggest crown sitting in the tallest chair.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Triple update! kind of

I bet Incubus' physical body isn't looking so hot, and that's why he never shows up to meetings in person.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon is still my favorite angel design, though 38 Dark Spear of Thought Will Plunge Into the Flesh of Heretics is a pretty close second now.

Apparently White Chain is still pretty tough in soul form. I'm sad we didn't get to see the fight, wonder how it goes with those wing/eye hands.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tollymain posted:

was there a fight or did they just get roughly treated by the thorns after that execution there

Well I can't say for sure but I don't see a situation where White Chain just gets cut up a little by the Thorns right after they killed Delicious for not joining them.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I like the retroactive pages because there was a huge lack of exposition in the first chapter originally. It gives the story a little room to breathe.

Anyway, new page http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/won-3-54/

Guys I think Metatron might be be alive.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

reignonyourparade posted:

10 Vigilant Gaze seems to have a pretty laid back job so I wouldn't necessarily bet on that number reflecting their power.

It's not based on his number, it's based on the alt text for the this page.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I still don't think that they're stuffing Michael's shell full of wings. That's just him leaking out.

Especially now that we've seen 38 Dark Spear, another angel whose "body" consists almost entirely of wings. And 82 seems to be able to form wings at will from her back or hands. Cutting off wings would be pointless.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well, I guess there was a fight.

And 82 did not fare so well. I like that thorn knight whose halo is just 3 knives.

I wonder if the bird guy is related to Ys-Voya.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That is some prime crazy-face in the second to last panel.

I like how a more distant viewpoint makes Metatron look more pathetic and broken than powerful. This comic has good art.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

New page!

Apparently they think 6 Juggernaut messed up the prophecy and that's why Allison has the key. Which is kind of borne out by the beginning of the comic where he totally cuts off Zoss' head and kidnaps the boyfriend before Zoss can do anything, which makes me think that 6 Juggernaut is either an idiot or was trying to change things from the start.

But really there's no actual indication that Zoss was intending to give it to the boyfriend in the first place. He didn't seem too put out when he met Allison later.

Also that's not how prophecies work you idiots!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Renaissance Robot posted:

Basically my understanding was that while White Chain's appearance seems somewhat feminine, that's more happenstance than any desire to be regarded as female. White Chain has become more like YIS and less like UN, and while a shift from masculine to feminine is wrapped up in that, it is not, in this case, the most important thing.

Perhaps earlier in the comic, back on Throne, but here White Chain seems to have come around on there being at least one more angel gender. Perhaps she did some thinking after the fight with Delicious, who was much more on board with the idea. I imagine we'll get to hear more about this soon since Vigilant Gaze and the other angels have been chatting about her "humanity problem" since she left with Juggernaut.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm kind of shocked to find out that Vigilant Gaze knows some humans, though I guess there were plenty hanging out at that demon bar that Allison visited.

Seeing some parallels between White Chain and Rose from Steven Universe here and I love it :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Roland Jones posted:

That's 52 Holy Mists Rising From the Abyss, the one with the green wings coming from his head, talking in the last bubble. Their text colors are very similar, though.

Oh, so it is. I shouldn't known because it didn't have the fancy H's.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

White Chain nooooooooo :ohdear:

Although tbf I'd probably do the same given the choice between an insane plan to resurrect God and sitting around contemplating the void for several millennia.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

paranoid randroid posted:

its not like incubus really needs a gimmick, outside of being a creepy gently caress who teleports into peoples dreams to go YOU WANT THIS like some kind of double-entendre molestor

Incubus' gimmick is that he is an incubus.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a physical body anymore, and that's why he didn't go to the meeting. He can only meet people in dreams or the void.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. This is a weird feeling. Now I understand all those videos about people missing the guy in the bear suit.

To be fair it's a pretty mundane design by the standards of crowd scenes in this comic.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Captain Redbeard posted:

I can't wait to see the lair of Gog-Agog, just because it's referred to as a lair.
Any ideas about what she is, even? Human, servant, something else?

A servant that really wants to be human.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

quote:

Q: Since Jagganoth is the Demiurge who takes and improves technology, does that mean he's a good engineer/math guy? Is the giant hulking war god secretly the token geek of the crew?

A: He’s actually pretty intelligent and writes poetry. Definitely the secret geek.

I can't wait to see fanart/on panel evidence of this :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

New page.

Well, I wonder what's going to happen to this guy.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jagganoth is the only demiurge who could survive a nuclear blast, but he's also the only one who would just stand there and take it.

Well, I bet Gog-agog could too, come to think of it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

team overhead smash posted:

Anyone who didn't predict "dies horribly" should be ashamed of themselves.

I think it would be more accurate to call this "living horribly".

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I can't tell if Mottom looks offended or delighted.

All the other girls seem to range from terrified to kind of nonplussed. What Allison is doing is so crazy that nobody knows how to react.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

paranoid randroid posted:

so if the seven demiurges each have one syllable of royalty, does that mean that Allison, being in possession of the master key, has all seven?

No, getting all the syllables is akin to enlightenment, and attaining that is why Zoss stepped down. There have been a lot of questions in that vein on the tumblr lately, is grab them but I'm phoneposting.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Say Nothing posted:

I'm wondering what it is that makes him the heir to such a vast power.
Zaid is an Arabic name, I'm not sure that's relevant to anything.

Zaid isn't the heir to poo poo. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mottom continues to be delightful and I continue to wonder how Alice is gonna get out of this room alive.

Maybe there will be more shenanigans with everyone thinking the boyfriend is the real heir? But I can't see there being a compelling reason to keep her alive because of that.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I mean, Mottom isn't wrong. That's a really terrible plan!

The idea is probably that none of them could take that key because it would upset the balance and if there's any serious infighting they wouldn't be able to contain Jagganoth. So it's not really balanced between the 7, more like the 6 and the 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SexyBlindfold posted:

Metatron just kinda asked Jag if he could erase the universe real quick and Jag was like "ok but it's gonna take me a while" and Metatron was like "ugh nevermind then" but Jag is still working on it and he hopes to have the surprise ready by Metatron's birthday

I would hope that no character who has either committed, is still committing, or is planning to commit large scale galactic genocide would count as a Good Guy!! Or at least not unless they feel kinda bad about it!!!

e: Auntie Maya has definitely committed galactic genocide and probably feels bad about it btw

Well, you have to treat "good guy" as a relative term. Sure, Auntie Maya has done some bad things in her time, but she's not trying to destroy the universe.

I'm wondering if Jagganoth was contacted by the Thorns or some third, as yet unknown faction of angels. On the one hand, iron feathers definitely sounds up 6 Juggernaut Star's alley. But on the other, none of the thorns actually have wings anymore, and Jagganoth himself was angry about them showing up in his worlds. So if he is working for the thrones, he doesn't know it, or they had a falling out at some point.

I guess it could be that he's working not for the thorns, but rather Metatron directly.

I like that the only time we've seen Jagganoth come close to smiling is that panel where he's working on his upgraded elephant helmet :3: