Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Filing White Chain under "valid" seems wrong right now because she's currently trying to be something she's not. If you fall under "valid" when you're going in the opposite direction from valid, then everybody's valid.

Obviously Nyave is a pure cinnamon bun whose smile must be protected.

Cio is basically ping-ponging between alignments trying to find herself and is impossible to evaluate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, you should swap "dipshit" for "dumbass" and the chart would work.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Devils long to test and refine their self-identity.

Most of the demiurges seems to have lost theirs beneath the power of their keys.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

How do you imagine her saying PERISH in that panel? For me it's like a shriek and a whisper awkwardly layered over each other.

This, but kind of more SHODAN-style

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I was thinking "they don't have a reason to betray each other now that they can't actually carry more out than they can personally carry," but now I realized they have a boat.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I suspect angels focus a lot more on hating humans because genociding all humans is actually practically possible, and getting rid of all the devils isn't.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Shugojin posted:

If Yre was made after Mammon turned to regret, then possibly setting up people to be confronted by their betrayal is a deliberate design choice

Yeah, knowing what we know about this place, it isn't remotely surprising that The Door is less lethal than advertised.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, I think comparing it to tying up a rampaging elephant with silk is going too far. Applying a mask and a name to an unbound demon is the procedure for binding it; there are just usually safeguards.

It's more like tying up a rampaging elephant by running up to it with... elephant-binding equipment... and attaching it to the elephant while it's rampaging. It's not really not how this is done so much as just fantastically ill-advised.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

I wonder if Swolemon David has body issues...

Oh, you better believe it.

If he gains five pounds the entire universe will notice, and Incubus will say some really mean things.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The really funny thing is that being able to do Ki Rata is almost completely irrelevant to whether Solomon David can keep Alison from walking off with Zaid, short of him keeping Zaid tied to his person at all times, forever.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

What's really interesting to me is that we don't yet know exactly what take Auntie Maya has on Meti's philosophy today, or which of them was really the wiser.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, did Meti actually accomplish anything? Being the most like Meti isn't the same as winning.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It certainly seems possible that Jagganoth is not omnicidal but just finds it convenient to be thought of as being omnicidal. There are definitely some benefits to the other demiurges believing he's out to end the universe.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Meti is basically presenting her students with a question with two answers. Incubus has the "right" answer and Maya has the "wrong" one, but what Meti actually wants is to be presented with a third answer that's better than any of the ones she's actually come up with because she really wishes there was one.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I think White Chain was perfectly capable of killing Allicio in her current state of mind, and that she probably wouldn't have allowed herself to be stopped by any level of force below the potentially-lethal.

I guess a better way to say it is that I don't think Allicio made the wrong call here, although it's obviously going to hurt them a lot. White Chain brought this outcome on themselves.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Obviously not, not rocking huge cans

I mean, visibly having breasts at all is by angel standards an ungodly display of far too much boobage.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Power levels continue to be bullshit.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Honestly, Allison has no desire or interest in fighting Solomon David. Her team is already leaving with the thing she came for.

It would be incredibly appropriate for everybody in the ring to KO each other and the winner/s leave without even bothering to tell him they're going.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dear Operant:

For the print version, please include all the increasingly-high-pitched commentary from Gog-Agog, which was omitted from the panels because it would break the pacing, in little green text in the margins.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Was it really foreshadowed? Because I remember that scene as "oh, so Juggernaut Star is also female" because we literally saw her face and kept wondering if it was appropriate to keep calling her "him" when people kept doing it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Paramemetic posted:

I don't know anime law well enough

Is this another no sell? Is Juggs gonna just be completely chill and then cut Vigilant Gaze in half casually?

Juggs isn't The Big Bad so I feel like no selling this would be a bit much but then again White Flame just shrugged a 30 cubit spear so I don't know what a Horse Kamehameha does in this scenario

Someone more anime literate please help

2 Juggernaut Star just indicated she had some critical exposition to drop, so it's okay for her to die so she cannot deliver it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Given all the focus on how strong and perfect Solomon David is, and how the demiurges are completely imprisoned by that power, I still feel like the most appropriate thing is for Allison and company to wind up never fighting him at all.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, it's not like anybody present actually wanted to win.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

That would actually be a totally awesome dick move, to give her a completely cool lady-body with no strings attached and force us all to acknowledge that Paternum Said Trans Rights.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I will make a prediction:

Allison will end the fight by holding both combatants apart without hurting either of them. This will break the illusion of Solomon’s perfection without sinking to his level and also probably make him so mad he weeps blood.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Z the IVth posted:

Having only a shallow understanding of Gloranthan lore, isn't Arkat Gbaji who is also Nyasalor?

Arkat fought Nysalor, and their respective cults both insist that the other one was Gbaji.

EDIT: Darn it, too late! But I've also heard the theory that they basically were both Gbaji because they got so wrapped up in each other that they effectively became one being destined to murder itself.

Rand Brittain fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 30, 2020

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

If I had to describe the relationship between Meti, Maya, and Incubus:
  • Meti mastered sword law but hated it.
  • Meti taught sword law to both Incubus and Maya.
  • Meti was hoping that her student would surpass sword law, but did not teach either Maya or Incubus how to do this because she doesn't know how. She was hoping one of them would figure it out for her.
  • Maya is probably correct that Meti had little expectation that Incubus would surpass sword law and was teaching him primarily as an object lesson.
  • Both Maya and Incubus mastered sword law.
  • Incubus embraced sword law and has no desire to surpass it, and Maya became disgusted with it but could not surpass it.
  • They are both Meti's students in the broad definition of the term but Maya is "primary" in some sense that very probably nobody but Maya cares about.

If I had to answer the question "could Maya beat Incubus" I would probably say "nobody knows, and Maya doesn't know, and she doesn't know what would happen if she succeeded and whether she would like that result, and because of that she's been loving around for a million years instead of cutting him."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

I’m thinking that there’s a reason VG described her as “transcending”: she’s about to unveil a never-before seen brand of martial arts that she somehow invented in one night that makes Ki Rata look like child’s play.

Being better at martial arts is not transcendence of the wheel.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

What was the Trigram Mantra, again?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm pretty sure that Solomon David's reaction is because White Chain could have hit him straight in the face with a Ki Rata punch and chose not to. She's transcended the Wheel by using his bullshit martial art to perform a nonviolent miracle that he couldn't have done himself.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Okay, so it's cooler if White Chain catches the rings on her own arms when they fall, but it's probably more appropriate if they fall forgotten to the ground.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Now I'm sort of picturing a scenario where White Chain has in fact incorporated Solomon David's DNA to make her body and tries to claim that he can't attack her without spilling his own blood.

I'm not sure if that's really in-character here, but defeating him via strained analogy is funny.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

I forget, how did that series of events end up curing his senility?

Having something happen that he actually wanted to think about, instead of many things he wanted to forget, jogged his brain back up into a working gear.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The important thing about what Gog-Agog is saying isn't that the crowd is her; it's that she is the crowd. She identifies herself with everybody (because that is what she spends all her time trying to be).

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Look, if I'm going to be obsessively thinking about the Kill Six Billion Demons I just saw I want to talk about it, and if there's not going to be a separate spoiler thread then here is the place to do it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Saying "oh my god I can't believe how big a bop this preview you can't see is" is annoying. Talking about the content of the preview with proper spoiler warnings is different.

I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna talk about what's in the preview, so watch out! Preview spoilers below:

Did we, uh, did we even know that Jadis was capable of moving around on her own, much less teleporting across worlds?

What on earths is she saying? Presumably something like "I would like to make it clear that all my previous prophecies mentioned dudes and not radical ladies, because I hate you all and enjoy leading you astray."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dang, man, dang.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Donkringel posted:

How many worms survived, do ya think?

The mass was not, in fact, immortal.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

While Jagganoth-Mind fits just fine, Jadis-Blade really doesn't to me. All the demiurges have been in some way trapped by their word of royalty, and while Jadis is very obviously trapped, she does not appear to be trapped in a cycle of carving her will upon the universe. Kind of the opposite.

Fate is not like the cut of a blade, but rather, the myriad of paths formed when a hammer cracks ice.

Unless you're Jadis, who made the mistake of looking at what would be instead of what she could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It occurs to me that Maya is going to Ruin Everything in service of her grudge, but the demiurges will still be incredibly polite and respectful to her as she does it just because it will cheese off Incubus.