Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
After reading the Jadis arc again to see if I liked it better (I did), I think saying Jadis is "acting from a script" sells her short. She doesn't see a script; she made/is-making/will-make all her decisions for her own reasons. Her problem is that because she is constantly experiencing every moment of existence at once, she's unable to learn things or to reassess her perspective in light of new information, because she already has all the information she's ever going to get. She's locked into the way she is, not because she's unable to make choices, but because the events that make choices possible have all already happened.

That chapter is all about processing trauma, and the nature of Jadis' condition is such that she's completely unable to process her trauma at all.

Also apparently she can't talk properly to anybody, except Allison, for reasons that aren't really elaborated on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Gog-Agog honestly seems like exactly the sort of person who would be disgusted by someone with physical flaws even though it's a concept that doesn't apply to her.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I don't feel like Gog-Agog is particularly dangerous to Jagganoth because she's amorphous and partially fused with infinity.

I feel like she's dangerous to him because she can make fun of him and live, and mockery has significantly more potential to change Jagganoth's course than violence.* It won't work, because Gog-Agog is not the protagonist, but it might inspire Allison a bit.

* it's like the commentary on how Jacob is the effective true antagonist of the Twilight series, because unlike any of the actual villains, he could potentially sway Bella off her course of "become a vampire and live forever young with Edward"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Thyrork posted:

Of course we want a Chaos Dunk!

.... what's the fishing version of a Chaos Dunk? :thunk:

The Perfect Cast.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Jadis is miserable because she's out of time. It is no longer possible for her to change her own perspective on events because there's no new information for her to add to her knowledge, nor is it possible for her to say "maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow."

Gog-Agog is miserable because she has nothing but time; an endless looping flow of time in which to continue being a billion-year-old clown. She would probably be happier if she stopped being a billion-year-old clown, but she doesn't know how to do so and she's honestly more attached to the bit than she cares to admit to herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Kinda seems like she's defined by the absence of a specific mask that she specifically has not got.