Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

wiegieman posted:

I wonder if Vladok could break his mask because he was buff and it was old and worn? Like, the absolute worst case for devil binding gone wrong.

It's something all devils can do, not exclusive to Vladok. He's rejecting the fundamental imposition of order that the mask represents; although it binds him to his deals and contracts, it also gives him a relatively discrete form and personality, and shedding it is functionally a form of suicide. Any devil may elect to commit a similar act of self-destruction, but why would they, when existence and thought is preferable to being a blank mass of chaos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Tollymain posted:

some enterprising fool in the comments suggested jack daniels

i'm okay with this

gently caress that would be excellent

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
OH MY GOOOOD.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Where is this generator?

http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=11447

11 Bloody River Punctures the Holy

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Here's a better generator, anyway.

http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8Vja9JPT

my favourite: 43 Dreaming Bloom Arrives in Humbleness, Born to Heal the Slothful

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 27, 2016

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Captain Redbeard posted:

On this page the bouncer at the guilded cage implies the destruction of White Chain's body would lead to her reincarnation.

It doesn't mention her body, though. I think that it's probably necessary that her true form, that of her soul, be destroyed as well, which is something that can likely be done by the various sorcerers and devils in Preem Nash's hell. The possibility also exists that sufficient damage to the body, or damage of a certain kind, might damage the angel inside it. In the Void itself, we do know with certainty that the soul is susceptible to destruction and subsequent reincarnation.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Captain Redbeard posted:

On another topic, I am adapting rules from a role playing game I enjoy to run a KSBD game, but I am a little stuck on what to call the level of expertise a character has in the Art, nothing i come up with seems to suit the flavor. Anyone have any ideas?

Sovereignty.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
There is a hidden page here: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-79/
ctrl-a, and look right above the offering arrows.

Don't wear it out.

e: actually I don't trust goons to do simple things correctly, here's the link itself: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/who.jpg

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 14, 2016

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Shifty-rear end brown fat lady in bottom right, rubbing her hands deviously at some eyeless birdmen

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
The more of Mottom that we see, the more I get the feeling Abaddon got at least some inspiration from the accounted life of Cixi.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/cixi-the-woman-behind-the-throne-22312071/?no-ist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Dowager_Cixi

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Isn't the wheel(s) Jugg's real body/armour?

Are we going to see a surprise Wheeling?

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Idk how many people in this thread already use that other website, but there's a pretty good discussion in a K6BD thread on /co/ right now, with Abaddon answering a lot of questions:

http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/86584700

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

ok

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

akulanization posted:

here i'll paraphrase this thread: "WAAAH there are brown women in my comics! take them out! take them out! take them out!"

Everyone was mocking that guy, also it was cool to see the author's perspective

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
"Intolerant idiots and weirdos on 4chan?!?!?!? I am truly shocked and offended, burn that website and absolutely everything in it to the ground, it has nothing of value!"

I mean I can understand disliking people and things on the internet, but it isn't that big of a deal when we share discussions with people that have lovely opinions on things.

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 29, 2016

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

MikeJF posted:

God that's a lovely image of the ship and throne. Getting End Of Empire Strikes Back vibes

So with Throne the size of California, how big is the Red City?

Isn't Throne the name of the disc-world itself, and the Red City the name of the city that covers its expanse, making them essentially the same size?

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

I always liked how Jadis is just shown lying down, chilling out, not having a care in the world that she's about to be usurped. I would be surprised if she isn't, in some fashion or another, the secret final boss manipulating everyone else.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

AriadneThread posted:

so what are the odds the boyfriend dies horribly at some point

Pretty low, author said that Zaid and Allison are going to become good friends at some point in the future, though I guess that doesn't necessarily exclude him from dying tragically and over-dramatically.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

She's starting using 'you' instead of 'tha'.

Abaddon/Operant is probably trying to develop her to be more "proper" to contrast with Princess, who's pretty obviously anything but proper. I would guess that, in-story, it's part of Cio trying to be appealing to Allison.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Newly-summoned Cio is holding a chain in the last panel, which I guess clarifies the new relationship she had with her husband.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

I think it's one of the chains that hooks were dangling from in a previous panel.

That's what I initially thought, but the way it's dangling from her hand (as if she picked it up off the floor) and the much greater thickness of the hooked chain makes me think that they're different.

Of course it could just be me looking too much into what might be an art error, which has never ever never happened ever in the history of this comic and its readers.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Why does she have this 2 hander on every cover but has never used it? Does she even have it anymore? Chop some limbs off goddamn.

What kind of shithole do you live in that doesn't have zweihanders as a common fashion accessory? Glaives are so last kalpa.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Benson Cunningham posted:

I would really be cool with Zaid never becoming an important character. He sucks from what we've seen so far, and he would ruin this all girl, rat queens style posse we get to follow around.

He's had less than ten sentences throughout the comic, basically more an object than a person at this point. Saying that he sucks enough that you don't want the guy that's the False/Original Heir, whose retrieval is Allison's sole stated objective, to have any role in the plot; that's kind of hilarious when you compare him to the dozens of legitimately terrible, awful people, literal rapists and slavers and mass murderers, that the audience have been introduced to and want to see more of.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Benson Cunningham posted:

Your ill thought out stance compels a diatribe, but I will limit myself.

1. If you think you can't get strong characterization from minimal screen time, I have no clue what to tell you. Length on camera means only little compared to theming, narration, style, tone, and story telling.

2. The rapists, slavers, and mass murders (speaking generally) are not protagonists. Only one of them is, and that's Cio, whose identity and self in relation to being a murderer/slaver is her primary driving force. The rest are the antagonists, and are fascinating besides the fact that they murder, enslave, and rape- none of which has any relation to Zaid.

3. I'm fine with him having a role in the plot as frozen man statue- being a mcguffin is perfect for him.

4. I'm not the rest of the audience so I guess I won't speak for them? But those demiurges, thorn knights, and super mercenaries are all more interesting and neato than Zaid already, and it's fun to see them get exploded and fight. Zaid already exists as a character, and to date, his character is boring and lame. Yes, you can 180 him, but I just haven't been made to give a poo poo about him by the story thus far.

You can just say, "I like Zaid and want to see more of him." You can have a different opinion about something nonfactual instead of doing a poo poo job trying (and failing) to tell someone else they are wrong.

Zaid is (or was) a normal human guy from Earth-Boring whose only interaction with anyone or anything in the comic was an awkward pre-sex scene that lasted about three pages. Then we see him swept off by murder angels, mid-shout and arm stretching out to Allison from the grasp of his captor like some kind of Disney damsel-in-distress, and then nothing -- literally his only relation to the story is as an object, despite the very introduction of the comic being a traumatic separation between two people that are literally screaming and grasping for each other in the midst of their descent into a nightmare-world punctuated by a horde of spiky monsters astride other monsters. And then, suddenly, we should care nothing about one of these two, when the separation and abduction are the very catalyst for the entire rest of the comic? If Zaid was a woman and Allison was a dude, would it be acceptable or appropriate at all to the themes of the comic and our sensibilities as an audience for Zaida to be a "macguffin" that gets no characterisation or agency?

It's hypocrisy and premature judgment. I have literally no opinions of Zaid, and I don't understand how anyone in the audience can have any substantial opinion of him when he's done and said virtually nothing, but that doesn't change the fact that the plot itself revolves around what both he and Allison are, and their separation. Allison's infinitely "better characterised" racial-diversity-poster sorority sisters called him "kind of a creep", though, so I guess we as an audience need to trust that Zaid is a rapist with no redeeming features, and also that he's a boring character that should stay a boring character (despite already being established as perhaps the most important character to the plot after Allison herself), and also that he's kind of just a plain twenty-something vaguely-white male which is just ewww.

e: Also, "Your ill thought out stance compels a diatribe"? Seriously?

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 12, 2016

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

Just like Mottom didn't give a gently caress, right?

Maybe, just maybe, Incubus and Mottom are two very different people with two very different perspectives on being a demigod

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Malpais Legate posted:

honey have you ever met a gay man

Haha, gay stereotypes lol!

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I'm guessing each colour of Allison has some kind of connection with its corresponding demiurge?

But Incubus is already there, meaning there isn't a corresponding version of Allison's self-loathing, and the giant teal Allison maybe represents something entirely different from a demiurge.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-5-34/

I, for one, am touched that we've finally reached the societal milestone of gay octopusmen kisses in our webcomics.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I like the small touch of how the only thing that offended White Chain enough to prompt a response was the "Miss"

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Grimes is the K6BD of indie pop.

e: Seriously though her stuff is amazingly unique and refreshing.

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 10, 2017

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
6 Billion Waifus (And One Husbando)

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Looks like his feet changed, from hooves to talons

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Please don't die Catmaster

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
RIP Catmaster/Unnamed Pale Devil, you will be missed :(

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

reignonyourparade posted:

Literally just some one out there with the KNOWLEDGE that Mammon is a senile old dog is inherently dangerous, the priests of the count could have taken her out ENTIRELY on that basis.

The other demiurges probably have a pretty good idea of what's up with Mammon given that 00001 has been going to their meetings in Mammon's place for who knows how long.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Roland Jones posted:

Mottom expressed frustration at Mammon not being at the concordance, actually, which leads me to believe that, however long ago the last one was (I imagine they don't meet often), Mammon was at it, since Jagganoth was the only one she didn't expect to show up.

That's to be expected with Mottom, though, isn't it? She's terrified of Jagganoth and is frustrated that Mammon is increasingly becoming a weak link in the coalition against Jaggs. Even if she and the others don't know the specifics of what's happening with Mammon, it seems pretty clear that he's been decaying for a long while now. Long enough for an entire civilisation to pop up in his vault composed of all his would-be slayers-turned-caretakers, and thus ancient enough that it must've been a very, very long time since last he would've been willing and able to attend a concordance.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I think the Zoss = Zaid with time travel hypothesis actually makes some sense; Jadis/the demiurges could've correctly identified him as A Conquering King (but not the Conquering King currently relevant) and it would sort of explain how Zoss broke/continues to break all the rules (stable time loops and different versions of himself running around), why he knew it was Allison and gave her the key, and why he's bothering to take such a roundabout and indirect route of overthrowing the demiurges and ushering in the successor despite already being by far the most powerful/knowledgeable character in the comic (have to obey your time loops).

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Does not explain how he doesn't seem to know how to speak English at the beginning.

counterpoint: Making past-you and past-friend freak out more by speaking in alienese is fun, especially when you know you're about to die to angel dicks.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Zoss is not Zaid because if he was, it means Zaid would have seen the complete shithole that resulted from the demiurges breaching Throne and their eventual war and thought that was a good idea.

K6BD is about breaking cycles. If Zaid goes on to create the worst cycle of the lot, it would fly in the face of what the comic is about.

Zoss/Zaid would be the stagnant cold white male aspect bound to the cycles he's trapped himself in for his power, while Allison would be the unrestrained hot black female aspect that achieves power through the breaking of those same cycles. They are complementary and beget one another, and the beginning scene of the comic thus also becomes yet another reflection of the recurring Yisun creation myth and the themes surrounding it, but also a subversion of it that illustrates the paradoxical nature of Yisun, and the universe, and the necessity and inevitability of self-causing paradox-accidents. Blah blah blah

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

El Burbo posted:

Oscar is so stylish

Thats a sexy fuckgn devil