Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

ChibiSoma posted:

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Ciollison and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling a male gaze-free end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Honestly, it's true that this kind of scene can easily get self-indulgent but I feel like the double fake-out is a decently clever mean of creating distance. And the comic literally started with a sex scene, it's not like depicting or alluding to it was ever off the table.

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

on the opposite side of the coin, /co/s been bemoaning that the comic's become an SJW one since we got Mottom's backstory

Along with White Chain's gender complications, I imagine.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Someone is going to regret this but I'm not sure who.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I think he actually was hurt - the top panels have some definite Not Mad energy.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The trouble with these world-shattering martial arts is they attract terrible students. Allison will save Throne through sensible educational reform.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Every single advisor he has can drop some of his blood by opening their own veins.

It's poetic logic, the best kind of logic.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
So do you think Mottom had informants tell her Allison was in the vault, or did she happens to show up at the right moment by an (un)fortunate coincidence?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Stoked to see pissed off Mammon.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Dr Cheeto posted:

Swolomon is my favorite pokemon

All of the Demiurges are Psychic types, with secondary ones such as Fighting, Dragon, Grass, Ice, Steel and Bug. Incubus is the only pure Psychic, though he's got Fairy moves on account of being Jareth.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If you get close enough you see that every worm has their own tiny Key in their head. Coincidentally, they're all named Gog-Agog.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gog is quickly becoming the Coyote of K6BD. In the end we are all worms.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
She's training Allison already by watching over the daycare of murderous idiots constantly on her tail. I figure Maya is the "adversity is the best teacher" sort of mentor at best.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gog is Extremely Online.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Maybe don't take this as gospel, but:

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/176276374345/what-made-mottoms-skin-so-blackdark-purple-i posted:

Q - mightbeafakeaccount asked: What made Mottom's skin so black/dark purple? I know people get a little weird looking in old age but I've never seen anything like her.

A: She’s basically a mummy, she’s like 3000 yrs old

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

wiegieman posted:

Consider: the closest thing to a record of the Third Conquest (what we're seeing right now) will be written by Cio. History is hosed.

Oh, there'll be a lot of loving alright.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
One important detail about Jadis is that not only did Abbadon said her prophecies are never wrong, Mottom said it as well. Presumably Jadis's been doing this for a while, so if the translator was unreliable and could be tripped up by something as basic as the gender of the Successor, Mottom would probably be aware of this. This implies that the translation wasn't a mistake: something much fishier is going on with the prophecy. Solomon also mentions the prophecy of the Successor earlier, which means they've heard a variation of it a while ago, though perhaps without as many details.

ChaseSP posted:

Oh god he really is a case of textbook depression and his form of self harm isn't just directed to himself but to everything around him

Or he's read too much Ligotti and honestly thinks he's doing everyone a favor.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Yeah, I think the flashbacks just have some mistakes/things that were retconned in their chronology. It happens.

OTOH I'm fairly certain the twist regarding the Successor has been planned for a while, it's too central to the plot. And both Jadis and Zoss are known to have ulterior motives, so that leaves a lot of room to coin an eventual explanation.

:laffo: though if it's just Alice-Un being taken as masculine and the entire thing was Grammar 101.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if she still has designs on forcibly installing Allison as a replacement...

One thing I'm still unclear on is what was Mottom's plan regarding Allison. Be a power-behind-the-throne kinda type? She asked Allison to take over her whole kingdom, but she's still afraid to die, so was her plan for Allison to do all the hard work of governing while she spends the rest of eternity munching on fruits in her (now Allison's) backyard?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The problem is the entire plan rests on Allison not eventually murdering her or robbing her of her only known mean of immortality and that seems, uh, optimistic by Mottom's standards, who's had ample experience getting to see what being a paranoid godlike tyrant does to a person. But I guess she really was that desperate.

Could be there's a bit of a deeply buried subconscious death wish too in how sick of everything she's grown.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
See, it's ironic for a Demiurge to want to destroy the physical universe, considering the gnostic origin of the word.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
You assume she needs those particular two eyes to see.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It just gotta be that Allison moved down that McDonald's triangle from the start of the story onward.

Regarding Gog-Agog: I doubt that whatever reasons she has to be pissed off about the others do not run deeper and older than all that destructive showmanship. She is Envy, after all.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Solomon is pretty much a masculine foil to Mottom's pressure to always perform youth, beauty and indulgence, I believe. Different hyper-rigid gender roles.

Appropriately enough Mottom is acutely aware of what she's doing and justify it as a survival strategy, while Solomon seems to not be entirely conscious he's doing it and believes he's simply doing everyone else a favor by being this awesome.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Demiurge4 posted:

I wonder if one of his dumb sons tried to rules lawyer him by showing up in the arena and just pricked their hand with a needle saying ‘I’ve spilled a drop of your blood, dad’ :smug:

The only reason that doesn't happen is because Solomon empties them of blood before they get the chance to do it themselves.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Incubus mentioned her when he told Solomon's story, chances are more comparisons are gonna be drawn between these two. Beautiful locks vs luxurious beard.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Demiurges really missed the mark by conquering everything instead of opening restaurant franchises. I guess they weren't evil enough for unfettered capitalism.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Burger King Of All Creation

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I don't know what makes you think cartography in this setting isn't an incredibly dangerous lost art that can literally remake reality.

:borges:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hmm, is Incubus an albino? Would explain the red eyes and white hair.

Could be but human skin and hair colors get especially weird when there's 777,777 worlds around.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-1-2/

hover text posted:

A quite hardcore hair cutting technique, but not as hardcore as one that may come up later in this comic

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
She's gonna headbutt every single individual worm.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He has such mastery of it his hair and beard never grow if he doesn't want them to.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Check that one out:

What if you do it right... by doing it wrong?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He's in no position to care.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm not sure Meti's a believer in training people right at all.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's indeed curious that neither Meti nor Maya could take Meti's advice and open a noodle shop or anything else. Maybe they simply had too many potential enemies somewhere in the Multiverse and didn't want to risk building something up only for the next idiot looking for a fight to come destroy it?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
To clear things up I did not make this, just stole it from /co/.

I have no idea what Royalty is but I'm pretty sure Owl is the farthest from it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The path to Royalty is just "don't be like Owl".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Jadis is mad because she saw the GM's notes.