Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

(Plus she already knows she doesn't do it. She dies in 35 years. If she's Gog, that can't happen.)

Technically, the prophecy came with the disclaimer, "As you understand it". Allison could very easily join Gog now, have her personality overwritten at this very moment, but have her body be paraded around for the next 35 years before Gog discards it, ending its metabolism and bringing about death as Allison understands it. Well, easily if she weren't the protagonist and almost certain to survive this encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

blastron posted:

I like the idea of someone spending so long in a time loop that their sense of self-preservation is completely eroded away by a million inescapable deaths. 10,000 year Bill Murray finally gets out of the Groundhog’s Day loop and then gets pasted by the bus he no longer considers to be anything more than an inconvenience.

Gog-Agog is going to die, for real, in the most pointless way possible, utterly confident that she will once again wake up when the wheel spins back, yet another time. It will not be funny.

It'll be a little funny.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Donkringel posted:

I am still waiting for the shoe to drop in why Gog is secretly a terrible person, because so far she seems awesome. I could see no downside to hanging out with Gog and playing video games.

She eats people.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Lights posted:

Gonna go get me a fishin' rod and catch Death.

I'd say you'd have to get in line behind Melville and Hemingway but I suppose they've already caught their fish, haven't they?

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Our girl's definitely got some guilt that she's gonna need to let go of if she wants to be the Wheel-Smashing type.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Diogines posted:

Who is the angry person in the spiky white armor? I have no recollection whatsoever of who they are and nothing Allison says is helping to ring a bell...

It's Spiky Pepsi.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Tiny Myers posted:

This is a stupid question I'm sure has been answered before, but if Gog is so desperate to escape this farce and she's been through this cycle so many times, why didn't she just suck it up and help them when they had a genuine chance at beating Jagganoth? Was it so important to have that one moment of spite in the face of Mottom being an rear end in a top hat?

There's a reason why Gog Agog isn't royalty, even after all this time. She and all the Demiurges who aren't dead are stuck in prisons of their own making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

I saw that before, but only before I was into the comic so seeing it now and understanding what's going on is great.