Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

Why does the current conversation have to focus exclusively on the current page?

Edit: Unless you're talking about spoilers for the next page from Patreon (I'm not a patron), in which case you'd be...spoiling it.

Here is an unspoiler for you: The next page does not contain or even reference Jaggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

The wheelchair is a mimic.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Bilirubin posted:

you know Alison is going to look through it, right?

No way. She's totally gonna summon a magic spear and throw it right through the main processing core.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I hope Zaid is okay.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Thundarr posted:

The problem with this approach is that a person can sustain an impressive level of injury and pain while still technically being alive. I wouldn't want to test that theory the hard way.

Case in point: Allison JUST got done being in a hospital bed for three years, recovering from injuries. If she plays her cards wrong, 30+ of those upcoming years could EASILY be spent in a medically-induced coma.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't think the machine does anything anymore. It served its purpose, it gave Jadis a look at everything and scoured it into her mind. No unringing that bell.

Besides, Jadis is the only licensed user at this point, and the licensing server no longer exists, not to mention the fact that the machine itself has been EOL'ed and the guy who wrote the drivers for it got killed in the activation before writing any documentation...

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Donkringel posted:

I wonder if this isn't really Jadis and it's just the machine. Like Jadis used the machine and then became the crystal cube lady who died fighting Jagganoth.

The thing talking to Allison is the memory of Jadis stuck in the machine's Ram cache.

"It looks like you're seeking strength beyond strength.

Would you like help?"

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

pseudorandom name posted:

TBH it would be very funny if the universe was in fact deterministic and knowable except for furious dumbasses.

Ah, another Kingdoms of Amalur fan.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Grandpa Dragon was totally cool, though.

I mean okay, yeah, there was the whole thing where he killed all of his friends, families, their friends, and their families, but that's really kind of tame compared to, say, establishing an intergalactic authoritarian empire or turning billions of people into worms.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

All I want is an Ork FPS. Please.

I just want to WAAAGH...

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

"Six Billion Demons" is also a name. Allison just has to kill a single person.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Really digging this crossover between Alien and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Who knew that the space jockey was observing the star child's birth this whole time? Incredible.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

TFW you're supposed to be breaking infinities, but the infinities end up breaking you.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Mindblast posted:

:hmmyes:

I figured knowing everything has got to be terminally boring. Nothing new, ever again. No sense of agency. And if you don't like how it all ends, you can only dread it all while you inevitably inch towards it.

It's gotta be the absolute pits.

Seems like it would only be boring if you were predestined to find it boring. If it was a foregone conclusion that you would find it terribly exciting and super compelling, then you would be completely okay with having all of your thoughts and actions frozen in amber.

See, that's the fun thing about having everything written in stone. You don't need to waste time coming up with your own reactions to things, it's all already been decided for you. And yes, sure, it's entirely possible the predetermined action is to hate everything, but it doesn't have to be that way!

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

isasphere posted:

What does it mean to break the wheel, anyway? What would that even look like?

From what I understand, breaking the wheel means you set innocent people on fire with your dragon.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Allison knows the only way you can truly break free of your mental prison is to cut your arm open from wrist to elbow.

Hmm.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Allison remains completely stationary, and the Wheel rotates to position her wherever she wants to be.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

She'll pass the test when she asks the right question

What is six times nine?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Broke: Using the awesome fire of God for the same purpose a man might use an especially sharp rock.

Woke: Using an especially sharp rock for the same purpose a man might use the awesome fire of God.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

The only reason any of the other DLCs exist, in my opinion, is to contextualize Old World Blues.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Thundarr posted:

They're both going to be extremely surprised when his [and his house's] top half slowly slides off his [and his house's] bottom half and onto the floor.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Tenebrais posted:

So. Is that The Question?

And if so, who answers?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

All this Zaid talk was going to make me comment that I'm pretty sure 10VG has been the sole positive male figure in Allison's life, but upon reflection, I don't think the two of them have ever directly interacted. He is a supporting character for WC, not Allison.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Regardless of what that thing is or isn’t, or will or won’t become, I thought it was established that Cio - the one we know - is the story’s author?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the games-as-a-service expectation that new content will constantly be getting added faster than it can possibly be developed and refined sucks. not even just because it sets an unreasonable expectation for anyone who isn't Hasbro or Activision or w/e, but because it's not even really a good thing on its face; past a certain point cramming more poo poo in doesn't even make games better, it just makes balance and niche protection functionally impossible

I agree wholeheartedly. Endgame mentality and the eternal treadmill are plagues that have utterly warped expectations of what a game should be. I think there has been a pushback in recent years, and a returning appreciation for things that conclude, but for the longest time it felt like a cancer growing throughout the gaming industry.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Even if everything you do is pre-determined, if you're pre-determined to think about and care about the choices that are already made for you ahead of time, then you care about and are invested in what you do. And that's indistinguishable from actually having choice. So what's the worry?

I mean unless of course you're pre-determined to worry about that sort of thing. Then by all means, please do.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

MikeJF posted:

It'll be Allison and Jagganoth sharing a bottle of whiskey while they slowly freeze to death in the snow as Throne burns behind them.

Notice how Allison doesn’t have breath in the final panels, subtly indicating that she has been wormed.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

At long last, true Roe-lty

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Trying to do some quick napkin math here and, just wondering, how many demons does Gog-Agog count as?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Gog Agog has the same linguistic meaning as all y'all.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

The answer Gog is building towards is Ingsvld, isn't it??

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Gog is talking about the fish.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Oh, hell yeah, the fish is back! I don't give a poo poo about any of these whining losers anymore, Abaddon.

You want to know how to take K6BD to the next level? Step one is ditching the demiurges and all of that nonsense. Step two is all fish, all the time.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Calm down, everyone, jeez. All they need to do is start a fire in Monstro's belly, and they'll be fine.

I've seen this one before. Trust me.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

FIPOYS

:confused:

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I heard that gum Allison likes is going to come back in style.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

There are Homestuck references in this scene?

Honest question, I never read it.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

the only demiurge i stan for is jadis

Currently, Mottom and Grandpa Dog are the only two Good Demiurges.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Gog never has thought bubbles at home...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Bah, all this power creep makes me sick. Back in my day, 40 was all you needed to denote an unfathomably large quantity.