Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

The Mentalizer posted:

I think that's partly right, in that their shape is related to whatever idiosyncrasies are part of their psyche but their physical state (by which I mean the solidity of that shape) is tied directly to their age in whatever reincarnation cycle they've currently reached. So they begin in a gaseous state and slowly become more solid with age (Delicious is vapor, White Chain is liquid, Juggernaut is igneous, etc). For example, when Vigilant Gaze is talking to her upon her arrival in the void he says "now now, you've barely condensed your 79th incarnation!" which seems a bit like his way of saying "settle down, youngster!" It also leads me to think that if an angel is killed they start over from vapor at their rebirth. So we get White Chain having only reached liquid at this pint in her 82nd reincarnation while Juggernaut, still on his 6th, is basically solid rock (at least judging from the igneous classification, anyway). Although I'm sure his being a thorn factors into it as well, since we've seen that also has an effect on their physical forms.

Speaking of their physical forms, I'm kind of curious as to why Michael left the spears he was (presumably) slain with embedded in his torso. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if he was just being a dick and trying to make some kind of martyr-esque statement but I still wonder just what the actual statement is.

It's probably that they're part of his form now. Since form and psyche reflect one another in angel-ville, the spears probably represent his in-ability to get over or past that event. Which may also be why he's one of the few primes who "survived". Maybe the others just accepted the fact that they were dead or beaten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

What if Metatron really is dead and someone is just using his body as a charade? Fill his lungs with air and play him like a bagpipe to make the holy words come out.

Unlikely, it seems, but I'll just throw this out there.

Otherwise, who's to say prime Angels can't lie?

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

AriadneThread posted:

michael doesn't think it's possible to return to the age before man by killing everyone in throne like the thorns do
michael and metatron however, are royalists

I think the plan may be: We can't just kill the humans because the humans will just keep coming. This is because, like us, they are comprised of a flame that cannot be extinguished. So the only way to stop it all is to literally stop it ALL. Unmake the universe.

To do this they use the prophesy which stated that the kings heir will kill all the former masters. So they help the new king along. Then once she's done killing all the former masters, they'll be able to put into place the method by which they unmake the universe and combine everything back into the singular God of everything that once was.

TheCIASentMe fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 5, 2016

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

wiegieman posted:

At least an intelligent flood only wants to drown things. An unbound devil with a mind actively desires to make the multiverse a worse place, by every definition.

Actually I have to wonder at that.

So far the devils we've met have all been widely different personalities and the most of the information we've been given is from sources that are antithesis to devils or were trying to manipulate the situation to their advantage.

It would not surprise me to find that the devils have no plans to upset anything or are actively trying to keep the status quo.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

So what do you guys think the April fools joke will be? Since it's coming back April 1st after all.

Either Allison dies outright or Allison goes Goku are my guesses.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

nimby posted:

Did she have dinner with that one person sitting there, or are all the empty seats vacant because she ate the occupants?

Yes?

On a more serious note, do we actually know if she eats people? Has there been any alt-text to suggest as such?

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

DELISH

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

A big flaming stink posted:

I believe Abaddon has said that Jaggernoth is immensely more powerful than the other demiurges, and the only thing holding him back is the six others allying against him.

Yeah, in that council scene they definitely were hella respectful whenever they addressed Jaggernoth. His entire thing is to grow more powerful I think. He probably doesn't take an action unless it's to increase his power or defend it in some way.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jagganoth's secret is that he never missed leg day once, in an entire kalpa.

Jagganoth's secret is that he has an entire day devoted to each individual muscle in his body.

And that day is today.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

More like femtogoku at the moment. But give her a musical number and she can reach the microgoku scale.

She's two Yamchas.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

Has anything been mentioned about Allison's parents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

An Ebon devil wouldn't have a chance against Mottom anyways.

Cio is probably going to do some Duck Season Rabbit Season poo poo! Which will be awesome!