Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

World War I/Death Korps of Kreig-looking mofo in the lower left. Interesting what with the author's comment that the demiurges keep firearm technology on the level of flintlocks.

To hoarde the better stuff for themselves, so Mottom may have more advanced guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wiegieman posted:

Jagganoth has most of the modern military hardware.

True, but that's probably better than WW1 era tech.

Given how Jagganoth is apparently way more powerful than any of the other individual demiurges and was only forced to peace by the rest of them together, I wonder if Allison is going to collapse two or three of the others and then he'll seize total power.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 21, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Given that each world is a story told by a single god, I really want to see Aesma's. That's gotta be some hilarious poo poo.

Also wanna see Koss's.

Tollymain posted:

why did the gods banish their Servants from their city? if the prime angels did not know the gods, who exactly put them there? why was heaven emptied, locked, and left to crumble?

I assume the prime angels did know the Gods. Abbadon said Metatron is the only one that has memories of them, but apparently angels lose their specific memories during reincarnation. He was simply the only one from that era that never died.

Both humans and servants originated from Throne, and were both banished into the multiverse upon its creation. Presumably to populate it, as it seems the multiplicity Gods couldn't create the flame of sapience themselves; Koss only did it with flames he took from the corpses of YIS and UN.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 24, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

the 2 isn't reincarnation, it's because he's lost one physical body so far this incarnation

I think that was speculation that's now wrong. It's all about the void-death.

Michael has definitely reincarnated, anyway.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

when zoss pursued the primes into the void, all but one stood and fought. michael fled and survived

That was my theory, but I think it's wrong.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

AriadneThread posted:

i think the only prime angel we saw in the void was metatron

The primes were the huge feather-wrapped statues we saw.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Where was this thing about Himself being unmasked?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's just a dummy they dressed up. Mottom's out back watching Throne's Next Top Devil.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

im sorry, the schedule is full up on Defiant Gestures for the next five kalpa. can i slot you in sometime around the seventeenth revolution of the wheel of samsara?

given a kalpa is like four or five billion years, that's quite a wait.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This isn't gonna cause this dude to just die, I expect. Mottom's probably gonna torture him for a century whilst making him watch his world be sterilised.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

correct me if im wrong but doesnt allison have the same power as the demiurges?

The Demiurges were super-powerful before they got their hands on the keys in other ways. They were the victors of the universal war, after all.

And Allison has no idea how to use her key.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

True.

Raze the planet, at least. Gotta make examples.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, it's much easier to keep a firm grip on low-technology worlds, so they generally stop that poo poo, even locally.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Clearly we just need to get our Mars colony self-sustaining before Mottom invades.

I wonder if the Demiurges have ever come across an interplanetary civilisation. Or a universe where life exists on more than one world. (In universes like ours where there actually is outer space and such)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wiegieman posted:

There are plenty of universes full of planets and aliens and such.

Aliens, though... it seems like true intelligence must come from the flame, and thus be one of the inheritors. Of course, a God may have told a universe where sustainers were aliens.

I'm just wondering if life scattered across a galaxy would've been safe from the Demiurges when they came to that Earth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh man, early spaceflight would make for a great story. A technological world, not far ahead of our own, invaded by magical superwarrors that can knock aside their nukes and armies with ease, driving them back to the stone age and ravaging them. But the invaders have no idea that out there, beyond the planet, were a handful of colonists, miners, scientists... no weapons, struggling for their own survival, powerless to do anything but look on in horror for entire generations as they fight to keep going without support from their homeworld, afraid to even venture too close for fear of being seen, slowly building their population and growing and establishing themselves whilst beneath them their people are ravaged... until they can finally begin to plan their return.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's clearly not the case, though, since she's returned to this shitpile.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Probably a stand-in, maybe a glamour.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

It was atop some dead god's head I think

The big zoomout at the end was in the void.

According to the tumblr, Mottom's will is so powerful it's like she carries real space with her when in the void, which is how the assembled palace can travel so conveniently. I assume the other Demiurges might be the same.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

she'd be doing pretty good considering. when a kalpa old you reach, look as good you will not.

Doubt she's that old.

Has there been any indication how long the age of the black emperors has been, actually?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Not a stand in.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if he is still conscious or not.

That is the question, isn't it. If he's not, it's just another form of death. If he is, it's something really awful. I suspect he is.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

That, or it is a substitute (Cio can use the Art as well, after all) who is both more pleasant on the eyes than Mottom and who puts on a better show. Either way, wow.

Nah, look at the magical crown while she casts. Totally her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Loving this little bit from the tumblr:

quote:

In my travels, I came across an obscure, unconquered world. I was surprised to find a book which contained an account of the life of God-King Solomon David, who even in this backwater, which knew nothing of the Concordance or the Wheel, was regarded as a paragon of wisdom! To demonstrate this, it told the tale of two prostitutes who came before him with a babe, each claiming it as their own. The God-King rendered a judgement that amazed all who witnessed. How close is this tale to the truth?

Very true. I believe the well-known story was that Solomon offered to split the babe in two for fairness’ sake, and when the real mother began to cry, Solomon knew who was telling the truth.

In fact, I was recounted the true story of this incident by a traveling peddler. Solomon was very kind to both women and listened to their concerns, leaving them with the promise of the assignment of a high imperial clerk to their case. The clerk quickly determined in no time at all through the well-organized imperial intelligence service that one of the prostitutes had a liason with a minor but decorated officer of the third legion some time ago. Questioning the officer uncovered very quickly the true identity of the baby’s mother, who were notified and brought to one of the world courts at haste. It had scarcely been a day.

Since lying in the court is a serious offense, the false mother was sentenced and executed later that day. Since copulating with an acting officer is a serious offense, the true mother was sentenced to six months of hard labor, her child was taken as a ward of the state, and her lover, the officer in question, was discharged from the imperial military, had his citizenship revoked, and died of complications from syphilis a year later, or so I hear.

The true mother is doing better, I’ve heard she is a clerk now, and her education was paid for by the crown.

She will still never get her child back.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This page confuses me. Sssssss?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The only way I can see her surviving is the Master Key making her automatically immune, which would feel a bit of a letdown. I'm sure Abbadon will surprise me, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

20 bucks says Solomon's word is "I"

No, "I" is well known by all to be the one true name of God, which nobody but Zoss knows. (I love how this mythology plays with self-contradiction)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There's also the possibility that Mottom thinks that the prophecy is inevitable and unstoppable, in which case the successor's girlfriend (as she thinks) is a pretty good bargaining chip or tool in securing herself a decent spot post-successor.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Even Incubus thought Allison was going to end up giving the Key to Zaid, from what he said in the dream.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cathair posted:

I didn't think of that, but it just reinforces my notions from a different angle- it means they were badass enough to kill the old-guard demiurges in a war where everyone had keys. :unsmigghh:

Perhaps. Or the badarse old-guard mostly killed each other. Or by the end, the seven were the only actual alliance left, and could easily take on individual demiurges no matter how badarse.

I also suspect that Jadis's abilities may have counted for more than we think.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Archenteron posted:

I mean Jadis has successfully looked at the shape of the Universe and survived the experience. Whether that was due to the carbonite freezing or resulted in it is still unknown, but knowledge is power and she undoubtedly has hella knowledge.

Mmmm, but I wonder if the victory of the seven-part pact entirely required her foreknowledge. Maybe that she lacked the physical power to win herself even with her vision, but the other six wouldn't have remotely come close to winning without it.

I mean, I'm sure the victory of the pact required each of their skills, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was the real key.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 14, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

I'm wondering if Jagganoth was contacted by the Thorns or some third, as yet unknown faction of angels. On the one hand, iron feathers definitely sounds up 6 Juggernaut Star's alley. But on the other, none of the thorns actually have wings anymore, and Jagganoth himself was angry about them showing up in his worlds. So if he is working for the thrones, he doesn't know it, or they had a falling out at some point.

I guess it could be that he's working not for the thorns, but rather Metatron directly.

Remember, Metatron's original plan was to scour the multiverse of man, but he's since changed his mind and would prefer to control the successor. So back when genocide was his plan, he entered the mind of Jagganoth and turned him into his pawn for that purpose; but now, it's too late to stop him and they're working at cross-purposes.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 20, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if, given the apparently inevitability of Jagganoth destroying them all, if there's been any attempt by the other six to make a new pact and take him out now. I mean, if the writing is that obviously on the wall...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Allison technically has the information she needs now: where Zaid is being held. She's getting a lot more to go with it, so good reason not to try to leave for the moment, but I wonder if Mottom would be able to stop her dimension-hopping back to Void (and then on to Throne or somewhere else) if Mottom decides to kill her.

Of course, maybe Mottom can follow her. But... oh dear, if the Palace is held up by her will...

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 26, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paragon1 posted:

The curtains around Mottom getting soiled in juices from her god level pigging out is a nice detail.

Ohhh. I thought that was blood from her outer flesh exploding off.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mottom looks like she's having the time of her life.

Like people have said before, I doubt it's often there are people she gets to interact with on this level.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

And he's happily doing things after his death anyway, so it probably isn't that big an impediment to his plans. :

Is it after? I don't even know if time is even linear for Zoss anymore.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SexyBlindfold posted:

Oh it happened 3 chapters from now, about a year ahead. I guess I should add spoiler tags for viewers who haven't trascended causality yet :smug:

I hosed yo mama so hard we made a pantheon, bitch.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phy posted:

Supermans are an imperial unit and should be avoided in scientific work.

Not to mention that they're an ill-defined unit that can be considered to fluctuate heavily depending on local conditions. Anyone defining with supermans must standardise the experimental environment against the original use.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 24, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

Jadis' prophecy mural showed Maya teaming up with Allison (maybe). It could be that she is bequeathed the sword after completing her training.

But considering the comic so far, shenanigans do seem more likely.

Or Allison never has an anime montage transforming her into a universal sword master, but instead wields Maya.

NO, JAGGANOTH, THE TRUE POWER IS FRIENDSHIP. :kamina: specifically, friendship with people who can beat you up

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Excuse me the multiverse is ruled by three men, three women, and a... thingy, so clearly sexism is over.