Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
New comic: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-3-48/

I have a strange suspicious that poo poo is about to go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Berk Berkly posted:

Not gonna lie, I don't want White Chain to start drinking these loser's kewlaid but fuuuuuuuuuck thats a nice suit. Maybe a little fib to get those duds and then dip on these lames is in order.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot (or, at least a few) of the Thorn Knights planned to do exactly that, but it's probably not that easy.

Since it seems like an angels mindset causes their form to fluctuate accordingly (as with White Chain developing a female form), it's likely that forcibly changing an angels form likewise altars their mindset. So the very act of accepting the new form would itself make them sympathetic to the Thorn Knight's cause.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Mentalizer posted:

I might be reaching a bit, but seeing as how White Chain seems to have turned down the sweet new bone suit I get the feeling that an angel has to give up something more in order to fit into one. So I'm thinking they have to cut off their wings (possibly even offering them as a sacrifice in exchange) in order to take possession of the new body, what with the Thorn Knights' lack of wings and Metatron's body being stuffed to overflowing with them. I could see White Chain thinking that's just a step too far since there's no coming back from that and deciding to keep her body as is. I'd really love to see her just take back her old armor and tell Michael to go gently caress himself.

I don't think they were offering her new armor, I think they were offering to change her natural form.

Keep in mind 6 Juggernaut just looks that way, he wasn't possessing a suit when he spoke with White Chain.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Something I noticed is that in certain spots it looks like you can see lion's tails sticking out of Metatron's cracks.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

NecroMonster posted:

"boy I sure do hope there is a human around to bring me back when I'm done."

Unless you don't think it's significant that Cio had to take 82 white chains body to Allison to get it "fixed"

What I do think is significant is that Cio wasn't able to remove the needle herself. When the demiurges built the angels current bodies, they apparently made certain that demons couldn't interfere with them.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

paranoid randroid posted:

i mean, that makes sense. you dont want some wiseass devil going around turning off all the policemen in throne

Likewise, if for some reason you want a specific angel turned off, you don't want some wiseass devil turning them back on.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Here's a few words from the author about the subject of angel's and their bodies.

Abbadon posted:

Angels can carry their bodies in to the void, they just tend not to stay inside them, for obvious reasons. It’d be like leaving a haz-mat suit on while walking inside your house.

They are physically incapable of entering the real world without armor on. If their armor is ruptured in battle severely enough, they will be shunted violently back to the void. The resulting force usually causes massive destruction on the local level and kills the angel.

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/138551388415/what-happens-when-an-incarnate-angel-passes

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FAT BATMAN posted:

Can I just say. Zoss looks like the baddest dude in every frame he's been in. I love it.

I like how, in the panel where Michael explains the prophecy, Michael only comes up to Zoss's waist.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The only group of angels who hasn't made a play at controlling White Chain are the petal knights. We don't really know what their deal is, but given that the Thorns just killed one of their own I'm expecting them to show their hand soon.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I found Wizard Whitebeard's scroll and Odlaw, but I couldn't find the main man himself.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Michael has reincarnated, though. That's why he's 2 Michael instead of 1 Michael.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

paranoid randroid posted:

i enjoy that, in that page, all the usurpers are having a big ol' sneering party in front of Zoss's throne, while Mammon is off in background fondling his lucre like a huge dork

I especially appreciate that Jadis was apparently just as sociable even before being ensconced in glass.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RoboCicero posted:

I thought I saw a link to the Q&A tumblr but I instantly lost it. Can someone post it again?

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
My guess is that the number of worlds is split evenly between each demiurge, but just because a demiurge owns a particular world doesn't necessarily mean that they've made any moves against it. It likely takes a considerable amount of resources to properly seize control of a world, and the demiurges all have other concerns. It may not be a priority.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Mr. Sor, we prize nothing more highly.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think she's way ahead of you on that first part.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr. Lobe posted:

As for Solomon David, he's clearly the most well-preserved of the humans. Wonder what his secret is? Maybe he's just too cool to get old.

He has a strict vegetarian diet and a good fitness trainer.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Superstring posted:

I think the real bet is whether he goes out in messy chunks or a fine powder/mist.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/708460129583169536

My vote is for "messy."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-4-66/

The good queen is merciful.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

I'm loving the guy standing next to Pyran Sor.

Clearly incredibly stoked that he's finally getting to use his Unfolding Rose Opens All Caskets martial arts training.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/709975928911298564

:sigh:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Someone isn't bowing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Which is nuts. Why would you give something like that away? Why would you assume anyone else would?

Because Zoss actual did give it away, and odds are the person he gave it to isn't any more sane than he was (as the demiurges measure sanity).

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It seems that Jagganoth being significantly more powerful than the other six has stopped being merely a blog fact and has entered into the actual comic.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm able to believe that's the canonical explanation.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MikeJF posted:

Remember, Metatron's original plan was to scour the multiverse of man, but he's since changed his mind and would prefer to control the successor. So back when genocide was his plan, he entered the mind of Jagganoth and turned him into his pawn for that purpose; but now, it's too late to stop him and they're working at cross-purposes.

Or possibly Metatron's plan hasn't changed at all. 2 Michael believes that Metatron has decided against "purifying" the universe in favor of controlling it, but perhaps Michael is simply being played.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 20, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

in what sense was Jagganoth being played

he knows he's on a holy mission to unmake the universe

You're right. Metatron may be using Jagganoth, but there's no deception.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

This is unbelievably precious.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Be sure and send that to Abaddon, if you haven't. I'm certain they'd appreciate it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I think I'd describe this change as more lucid.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ze Pollack posted:

Woe be to them who mistake the rider for the steed.

(The motorcycle is as much 6 Juggernaut Star as his legs are.)

I wouldn't be so certain. While there's definitely more going on with the rider and his motorcycle than is immediately evident, I wouldn't take it for granted 6 Juggernaut is both.

I expected it to be more complicated then that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Those skeletons loving love their job.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A.o.D. posted:

That should be his real angel name.

I think "Scours the Universe" get's the point across.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He probably has a whole toolbox. No way does he trust anyone else to do maintenance on his wheels.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

DarkCrawler posted:

Not even the wheels themselves?

If the wheels could handle themselves, Juggs would be out of a job.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
5 For Five, For a Limited Time Only, at Arby's

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
256 Ways To Personalize a Hamburger

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

idonotlikepeas posted:

I can't decide if I'd prefer it to be White Chain or Alison. Maybe both of them at once?

Maya "Kill the Gods and Topple Their Thrones"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
get hype

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/735990785884098560

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

paragon1 posted:

I'm the bored looking blue furry giant guy.

Kelsey Grammer sure gets around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Darth Walrus posted:

Mind you, Mottom does describe herself as his prisoner in the present tense, so either there's the multiverse's most spectacular case of Stockholm syndrome going on, or he still wields some meaningful power.

I think your misunderstanding the situation. Mottom isn't a prisoner to Hastet specifically, but to society in general.

Note how she points out Alison's dyed hair. People like Hastet will continue to exist regardless of if Hastet himself does.