Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
This is one of my favorite moments so far:

Just the idea that this one woman is so loving terrifying that even amidst the insanity of a massive battle not a single person came within 5 feet of her while she just sat there eating noodles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Oxxidation posted:

Beware the swordsman who carries no blade.

poo poo, I totally forgot about that line. It did occur to me that she had fought everyone off but since she appeared unarmed I went with my first thought. Either way, it's still badass as all hell.

E: also, I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet but I'm pretty sure I've seen Abbadon post here (although I can't remember his user name), so K6BD can be added to the list of goon created webcomics as well.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 12, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Cryophage posted:

Sure! Glad you like it!

How exactly were you thinking of avatarizing it? I still have the original png, so if you like I could push Allison and Ciocie closer together so as to maybe help the framing.
Or if you just wanted Ciocie, for instance, I could get you a copy without the speech bubbles.

I would definitely take the one with just Cio and no speech bubbles if Gorbash doesn't use that idea (and if you don't mind making it).

paranoid randroid posted:

it took me a little while to figure out that cio did not in fact have four arms, but rather that she just gestures like a spaz and the art is meant to reflect her hyperactive flailing

It definitely looked like she had more than two arms here:

I just assumed she had them folded up under her shirt currently, but your idea also sounds cool.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 13, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Hell yeah, thanks man!

Now I just have to think of some text to go with it.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Fish Noise posted:

Note the sleeve discrepancy.

We are perhaps looking at an all statements are true scenario.

Yeah, it's the sleeve thing that led me to assume she had multiple arms. But she is a blue devil after all, so who's to say she can't just call 'em up when she needs 'em.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

This was very much what I had in mind!

Since you took that one do you mind if I take the other one?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I agree, it's probably part of her abilities in general. That coat had even more sleeves than Cio had arms when she was introduced. It does make me wonder if there's an upper limit other than what can actually fit in the available space.

Don't see how I could! ;-) Have at.

I just figure it doesn't hurt to be polite since you were the one who requested it in the first place. Thanks!

E: and thanks again Cryophage for avatar-izing the pic.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 16, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Is there any particular reason (other than Zoss' God-like powers) that he shouldn't be able to? According to 6 Juggernaut's story he didn't become 'true royalty' (at which point he ascended to his position as king of all creation/new God) until he spoke to Metatron. If he was able to smite the prime angels before acquiring the full power of Yisun then it seems like an igneous angel should be able to cut his head off, God-king or not. But maybe there's some detail I missed or forgot, or I'm misinterpreting the story (which, being a goon, is quite possible).

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
It certainly fits with his stated desire to wipe heaven clean and restore the simplicity of a time from before Zoss showed up and wrecked the place like some kind of crusty supernatural squatter.

E:

ive sort of been thinking that zoss isnt actually dead. he was alive enough to appear to allison in the spirit world or whatever that place was, and gog-agog survived having her head blown off with minimal inconvenience. i think hes just laying low.

I had the same thought. Something like they cut off his head and killed him, but his spirit is still wandering the void. Or perhaps the master key he stuffed into Allison's head still retains a part of his soul from when it was forged, which can manifest when she's hanging out in the void.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It just seems unlikely in the context of what we know about Zoss' absurd level of supernatural badassery.

At the moment I'm inclined to believe Zoss let it happen. I fully expect it to be more complicated than that by far.

Oh yeah, I think it would definitely have to be either a seize the moment when his guard is down kind of thing or Zoss specifically leaving himself open for whatever reason. I just meant that from a practical standpoint, it seems reasonable that an angel would be able to do the job of separating his head from his shoulders given the right opportunity to do so.

It's funny, I'm not usually one for speculating about stuff like this but there's something about this story and these characters that tweaks the dork part of my brain into thinking about all the weird little details.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 16, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Allison 5-Aces

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Who What Now posted:

That last part is what I don't quite understand, why is 23 there, how did they get there, and what exactly is the point of executing them? I can understand if it's partially to try and coerce 82, but when she agrees to help 6 is still going through with the execution. What would have 6 done if 82 had leapt at the offer from the start? Would he still have brought her here and kill 23 in front of her?

From the way it was phrased, "now, please kindly observe the alternative", it seems like the offer was made to 23 before 82 and they were promptly told to gently caress right off. The price of refusal is death, therefore she still has to die. Killing her in front of 82 serves to reinforce the point.

Mimir posted:

He'd be 2 Metatron now, right?

I thought Zoss wounded Metatron but left him alive. If he reincarnated he'd be 2, but if he died after and never came back I think he'd still be 1.

e: so yeah, he'd be 2 now I guess since I imagine Zoss killed him after serving his purpose (although the story doesn't state either way).

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 21, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's been said repeatedly that they're plasma or a 'nuclear explosion' or something by nature tho so I figured the whole solid form thing is White Chain being a wierdo humankin :shrug:

I think that's partly right, in that their shape is related to whatever idiosyncrasies are part of their psyche but their physical state (by which I mean the solidity of that shape) is tied directly to their age in whatever reincarnation cycle they've currently reached. So they begin in a gaseous state and slowly become more solid with age (Delicious is vapor, White Chain is liquid, Juggernaut is igneous, etc). For example, when Vigilant Gaze is talking to her upon her arrival in the void he says "now now, you've barely condensed your 79th incarnation!" which seems a bit like his way of saying "settle down, youngster!" It also leads me to think that if an angel is killed they start over from vapor at their rebirth. So we get White Chain having only reached liquid at this pint in her 82nd reincarnation while Juggernaut, still on his 6th, is basically solid rock (at least judging from the igneous classification, anyway). Although I'm sure his being a thorn factors into it as well, since we've seen that also has an effect on their physical forms.

Speaking of their physical forms, I'm kind of curious as to why Michael left the spears he was (presumably) slain with embedded in his torso. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if he was just being a dick and trying to make some kind of martyr-esque statement but I still wonder just what the actual statement is.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
That's a fair point. It does seem like they may have some degree of choice over when and/or how they reincarnate (or even if they do at all), going by the 'slain brothers' in the void still awaiting new bodies.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Roland Jones posted:

I'm not sure, but it also raises another question: Why is Cio so much bigger than every other "imp"? They're all pretty small, while she, though not big, is human-sized.

Don't forget about Number 1. He's not quite human sized, but he's close to Cio's size. I think we're just not seeing them at the moment; maybe the little ones are just more plentiful?

E: Actually, now that I think about it his mask is red so I guess he's not the same as Cio. I guess I mixed him up because of his skin so the question still stands.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 1, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Tangential, I can't believe I only just got the secret message in Cio's name.

Same here; I've been reading it as 'see-oh-see see-oh-elle' so I missed it too.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Shipping is creepy, just like posting fan-art of comic characters making out is.

Yeah, when I saw the last update my first thought was "great, here comes the creepy fan art."

e: Here, have some non-creepy fan art from Jake Wyatt

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 8, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I haven't seen anybody mention it yet but is that a couple of Preem Nand's creepy daughters there 2 pages back (panels 5 and 7)? Perhaps sent out to look for Cio and Allison? I'm assuming it is, what with Dhothuulmell rhetorically asking Cio if Praman is aware of her having quit.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
That'll make for a good thread title.

quote:

The Something Awful Forums>BSS>KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS-Conquering all obstacles through the power of being a furious dumbass.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Their expression is definitely warranted, seeing as how Allison just showed them all up by running in and slapping a mask right on Vladok while they were still talking about what spells they were gonna start with and marveling at how difficult it was going to be. All immediately after winning a drinking contest with an ebon devil. I'm not really surprised they're standing around all salty, probably muttering under their breath all like "whatever man, I was just about to do that but she got in the way."

E: plus at least one of them knows that's a key of kings she has lodged there in her brow. I'm sure the others do too, but only one of them acknowledged it out loud. Although I guess that's not really surprising, since lots of people seem to know about it at this point. After all, it is all over the glyphosphere.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 7, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I didn't mean everyone in throne knows, just that it's a significant enough number of people at this point that no matter where she goes it's highly likely that at least one person will be aware of her situation. Back in Hell 71 it was that crowd that started the riot, and in this case it was one (or all) of those magisters (who realized what it was after she told them she rode the lightning of her own volition/by her own power). And Vladok too, since after they got started he said he knows what's in her head and he's going to use that key restore the power he's lost with age.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Or perhaps she doesn't necessarily want the power but is instead spoiling for a fight with someone strong enough to match her for once so she's following the crowd of idiots to see what the girl is made of and if she's a worthy opponent.

I think I watch too many samurai movies.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

reignonyourparade posted:

He probably figured he'd see what the hell white chain was trying to pull and also get to keep allison anyway.

Yeah, I forget his exact words but he pretty much said he'll play along to see what White Chain's end game was.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if you could make some kind of horrible Cronenberg living car to drive around the void. I bet some kind of gross terrible wizard has done that.

Don't forget the bus that White Chain and Allison took to Hell 71 was just a giant reanimated corpse.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I might be reaching a bit, but seeing as how White Chain seems to have turned down the sweet new bone suit I get the feeling that an angel has to give up something more in order to fit into one. So I'm thinking they have to cut off their wings (possibly even offering them as a sacrifice in exchange) in order to take possession of the new body, what with the Thorn Knights' lack of wings and Metatron's body being stuffed to overflowing with them. I could see White Chain thinking that's just a step too far since there's no coming back from that and deciding to keep her body as is. I'd really love to see her just take back her old armor and tell Michael to go gently caress himself.

E:

nimby posted:

Accepting a sort of corruption for power tends to be pretty irreversible and life-changing.

Exactly, White Chain doesn't really seem like the kind to take to any kind of corruption, especially not the life changing kind, just for a little more power.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 30, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't think they were offering her new armor, I think they were offering to change her natural form.

Keep in mind 6 Juggernaut just looks that way, he wasn't possessing a suit when he spoke with White Chain.

Fair enough. I know that's his 'spirit form' (or whatever it's called), my line of thought was based on his initial offer of returning her to physical form so I just assumed that was a new set of armor. Especially since the head looks kind of like her old helm when it opens up.

E: Yeah, upon looking again it's definitely new armor what with the holes and other details like Roland Jones mentioned.

Just for reference, here's a shot of Thorn Knights all armored up.

I do agree with the idea of them coming to resemble their armor after wearing it for a while, it just seems like the kind of thing that would happen with a deal like that.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 30, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
With Michael being in cahoots with the Thorns she might have an opportunity to strike a deal with him, offering to shepherd Alison towards the boy in exchange for the return of her old body. At least that way she can buy herself some more time without having to accept Juggernaut's deal (completely losing herself to the Thorn Knights) and hopefully find a way to wriggle out of such an unfairly one sided bargain.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Who What Now posted:

Have we actually confirmed that an angel's number corresponds to their number of reincarnations? Because honestly it seems more like a hierarchy. 2 Michael would directly below 1 Metatron, and above 3 [whoever].

Yes, it's been explicitly stated by the author but I can't find the post at the moment where he did so.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Yeah, I think it takes death in the Void to lead to a reset of the material state and a name change. Destruction of a shell just forces an angel back into the Void. I'd bet that White Chain is still bound to that shell until and unless someone makes a new one for her and goes through some kind of binding ritual to connect her to it (at which point she'd become 83 White Chain).

I think you might be contradicting yourself a little bit in the second part here. I agree with you on it probably requiring death in the void before an angel reincarnates and acquires their next number, but if that's really the case then mere destruction of the shell shouldn't necessarily mean reincarnation, just that it's time for a new set of armor. If I had to guess, I'd bet in the case of shell destruction without the death of their essence (or whatever it's called) an angel probably has a choice to either stay in the void and prepare to assume their next form voluntarily (thus acquiring their next number) or repair their shell and return to it (or acquire a new one like the Thorns offered) to continue condensing their current form. Destruction of their shell as well as the essence contained within would absolutely send them on to reincarnation though, requiring them to condense their next form along with acquire a new shell.

Although having typed all that up, now that I think about it their shells were all forged by Zoss and the demiurges so I wonder how a reincarnated angel would go about finding a new shell what with the gods all at each other's throats and not really cooperating or caring about the upkeep of Throne anymore.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Autonomous Monster posted:

I think all the pale and blue demons we've seen have been feminine.

I'm pretty sure Number One (the dude on the bus that White Chain harassed into giving up Cio's location) was a blue demon dude, can't think of any others at the moment though.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Number One was a crimson devil. Unusually small, but red mask and blue skin make two out of three as described here.

Nah, he's a blue devil as claimed by White Chain here. I figure the discrepancy is probably because this page came before all the different classes of devils and their determining traits were decided on, and at that point in the story blue devils were just blue.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

i just noticed that the metropolitan transit corpse still has the spear that killed it jammed through its chest.

zoss does not gently caress around

drat, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. It's gotta be a bitch to drive though, just knocking over houses and poo poo every time the driver makes a u-turn.

:confused: I wasn't trying to be a dick, sorry if it sounded that way.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Accepting Michael's offer, as distasteful as it may be, is probably the right move for her. At the very least it buys her some more time to figure out how to deal with Michael and the thorns. It also puts her in a position to help guide and protect Alison along the way to wherever she ends up going, which seems to be something that is still important to White Chain judging by her reaction to Michael telling her she would have to kill her if necessary.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

MikeJF posted:

That was my theory, but I think it's wrong.

It's definitely wrong, he flat out says "I alone have reincarnated" on the page you posted. If he hadn't he'd still be 1 Michael (and probably even more of an ornery prick).

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

pseudorandom name posted:

Of course he's conscious, he wouldn't feel the terrible pain of his fruit being torn away otherwise.

"These apples are great, but I really wish the tree didn't scream every time I picked one"

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Cathair posted:

Allison's boyfriend, seen in the very first few pages of the comic. I don't think he's named until after she comes back to Earth, though.

Also seen here, in the possession of the demiurges, who all think he's supposed to be Zoss' heir. Except maybe for Incubus, who was talking to Allison in her dream and seems to be aware that she's the one with the master key.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mayas just there to bum smokes off people in exchange for little snippets of wisdom she totally didnt steal from fortune cookies. Reach Heaven Through Violence, your lucky numbers are 25, 11, 39, and 4.

"Reach Heaven Through Violence...In Bed!"

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

I'm not sure where I read it, probably on the K6BD tumblr, but apparently angels keep the same physical bodies from one reincarnation to the next. While they're in the void for an extended period of time their physical bodies are looked after and repaired/maintained (if necessary) by the peregrine knights, so I'm guessing they probably fixed it up in preparation for her return.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
It's just the sound of a thousand Aztec death whistles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QuO09z-SI

(I can't get it to jump to a specific time, just go to :50 if you want to skip the explanation)

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Amazing.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I keep getting the feeling that Allison might be more of a curiosity to her at the moment rather than an immediate and outright foe, hence why she keeps asking her what she thinks of death (and also why she doesn't seem to be in any kind of rush to start cutting Allison up, instead just hanging out and watching the parade of idiots do their thing). Perhaps she wants to see where all of this furious dumbassery leads to before she gets to murdering and toppling (not that Allison has much of a throne to topple yet). It's not like she can't just step in and take whatever she wants whenever she wants, so she might as well just kick back and see how things go.

E: Whatever the case ends up being, I gotta say I'm really enjoying the juxtaposition of the warm smiling auntie who pays for noodles with a proverb and the stone faced, red-eyed murderess who would kill you just as soon as look at you.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I can't wait to find out what idiot saw an angel and thought "oh man, I better jam a spear right into that dude's face!"