Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Why the hell is gonna buy a far cry game where you dont even get epic guns? What the hell is the point of that? You cant take a game that has guns, and then make the next game by taking out all of the guns. When you make 4 games in a row that have guns, and then make a new one that doesnt have any guns, its unfair to us gamers. I severely hope that Ubisoft will reverse this decision, and make sure the next installment of legendary series Far Cry, will have some guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So it doesn't have guns - what's the problem? Sounds to me like you're too invested in guns - whether or not there will be guns, what kind of guns are there, and so on.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
You know what OP, if you don't like it - don't buy it. It's as simple as that. Do you need me to spell it out for yoiu ?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if a game doesnt have guns im not interested. sorry but thats the facts

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

if a game doesnt have guns im not interested. sorry but thats the facts

yeah well heres another "fact" for you: guns kill more people every year than AIDS. still want to own a gun?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

throwing big rocks at people's faces and killing them horribly in Chivalry was pretty amazing, a no gun FPS can be done and it could be very fun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah well heres another "fact" for you: guns kill more people every year than AIDS. still want to own a gun?

yes. more than ever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

throwing big rocks at people's faces and killing them horribly in Chivalry was pretty amazing, a no gun FPS can be done and it could be very fun

know whats even better than that. firing a big rocket that blows up and gibs your foes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Big trees climbed: 14/37
New locations marked!
-Oog's cave
-Og's cave
-Ag's stick in the ground
-Big footprint 27

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

New locations marked!
-Oog's cave
-Og's cave
-Big footprint 27

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

know whats even better than that. firing a big rocket that blows up and gibs your foes

seriously. i cant believe theyre doing this. its too far back even for crossbows, which were the first kind of gun invented.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

New locations marked!
-Oog's cave
-Og's cave
-Big footprint 27

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

New locations marked!
-Oog's cave
-Og's cave
-Big footprint 27

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

seriously. i cant believe theyre doing this. its too far back even for crossbows, which were the first kind of gun invented.

The first gun invented is the simple act of throwing a rock.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's called Braid OP, and it's a national treasure of the Republic of Gamers.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Flintstones with guns.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hope you can ride the flintmobile into an enemy camp

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

game will own if they let you throw behives and poo poo at people

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm excited for this, I like the Farcry games.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
this will be the first crytek game not to have binoculars you can tag people with

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I hope this is as good as the Far Cry film

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

New locations marked!
-Oog's cave
-Og's cave
-Big footprint 27

lol

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Wow way to go Ubisoft, Far Cry without guns? Um it's been done, haven't you heard of a little game called Skyrim!? :rolleyes:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Was farcry 4 good? I didn't play 3 either.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Meanwhile, Joe and Mac: Cavemen Ninja will never get a remake. gently caress. This. World.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Meanwhile, Joe and Mac: Cavemen Ninja will never get a remake. gently caress. This. World.
Tfw when you realize the ultimate Joe and Mac/Bonk crossover game will never be made

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Prehistorik man

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I feel like there are already enough games where I can shoot guns at people. I'm interested in finding animal parts and wood to make a better bow or an atlatl or something.

This is an interesting direction for the series imo, but I also expect they will get back to "shoot people in majority-nonwhite locale" next game.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

you will tag the enemies with your musky urine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Was farcry 4 good? I didn't play 3 either.

its the same + helicopter and elephant

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

its the same + helicopter and elephant

He just said he didn't play 3 -_-

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

He just said he didn't play 3 -_-

so if he picks one it should be the one with elephants

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

so if he picks one it should be the one with elephants

Makes sense to me.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I feel like there are already enough games where I can find animal parts and wood to craft bows. I'm interested in shooting guns at people or something.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

crafting is loving gay

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

even crafting guns?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

even crafting guns?

yes. i want to shoot them, not build them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the elevator doors open and a team of terrorists find the body of their fallen comrade with a note taped to him. picking it up they read this chilling message: "ho ho ho, now i have a firing pin and a long piece of pipe im well on my way to crafting a machine gun"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I like the bows in Far Cry, is that bow, in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I like the bows in Far Cry, is that bow, in this

are u having a stroke ?

• Locked thread