Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

the elevator doors open and a team of terrorists find the body of their fallen comrade with a note taped to him. picking it up they read this chilling message: "ho ho ho, now i have a firing pin and a long piece of pipe im well on my way to crafting a machine gun"

"confiscate all workbenches! NOW!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

rediscover posted:

are u having a stroke ?

No.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I liked the Sri Lanka sections of Far Cry 4, so I'm holding out hope. Without guns, I wonder if they'll also add a more robust melee system in, or if this is just gonna be another Far Cry 3-like game with bullets replaced by arrows and javelins.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Pablo Gigante posted:

Tfw when you realize the ultimate Joe and Mac/Bonk crossover game will never be made

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cavemen need more games

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Cavemen need more games

Ok, ok, calm down. We'll get you some more games, ok? Easy does it. That's a good caveman.. there we go.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Buschmaki posted:

I liked the Sri Lanka sections of Far Cry 4, so I'm holding out hope.
You mean Shangri La????

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Can someone explain why they removed the fire mechanics? I loved spreading wildfire in FC2, made for exciting fights and cool moments.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

trying to jack off posted:

yes. i want to shoot them, not build them

what if you crafted a gun by tossing it on the ground and then shooting it with another gun

then you get an upgraded gun that shoots harder

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

what if you crafted a gun by tossing it on the ground and then shooting it with another gun

then you get an upgraded gun that shoots harder
I'm going to kickstart a game called Gunstruction Zone.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Fred Flintsone: Barney, I'm already a demon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/651394978191699968

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Was farcry 4 good? I didn't play 3 either.

All of them except 2 are bad.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm glad someone is finally doing something about all this violence in video games. Today the guns, tomorrow the head stomping.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

I like the bows in Far Cry, is that bow, in this

The bow is the best weapon in 3 and 4.

Without guns this game will have to have a bunch of weapons that function like the bow, and with therefore be great.

RPG is now a beehive on a stick.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ahahaha

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Gurghh. Blah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agag posted:

The bow is the best weapon in 3 and 4.

Without guns this game will have to have a bunch of weapons that function like the bow, and with therefore be great.

RPG is now a beehive on a stick.

I didn't like in 4 how most guns only let you stick one or two mods on. Why can't I have a gun with laser sights and a scope and a grenade launcher. Also the ammo feels really limited. Basically for a game thats all about shooting things and climbing things, why is the shooting and climbing so boring.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

I didn't like in 4 how most guns only let you stick one or two mods on. Why can't I have a gun with laser sights and a scope and a grenade launcher. Also the ammo feels really limited. Basically for a game thats all about shooting things and climbing things, why is the shooting and climbing so boring.

Climbing the radio towers blows, rappelling was mostly pointless. You should also be able to mod the gently caress out of your guns however you want in any gun-based game. Taking down the outposts was more fun for me when I was sneaking around using the bow and kukri

But I am very excited about riding a woolly mammoth and throwing spears at cavemen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk why anyone would want to play far cry when MGSV is just far cry but actually fun and interesting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Idk why anyone would want to play far cry when MGSV is just far cry but actually fun and interesting.
MGSV wasn't available for a while.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drew Curtis' Far Cry.com

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just had to toss that in as a little bit of internet humor, haha. Hope you folks enjoyed it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

MGSV wasn't available for a while.

I meant the new one. Sorry for being unclear

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm going to kickstart a game called Gunstruction Zone.

*my wallet vibrates violently in my pocket, as if being summoned*

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I meant the new one. Sorry for being unclear

The new Far Cry is markedly different, as there are no guns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no shooting? no bulletts??

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

no shooting? no bulletts??

No shooting. No bullets.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Finally, a Far Cry with only the collection minigame and climbing minigame. Can't wait for the reveal of the new Assassin's Creed that will have no fighting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's so stupid game...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Finally, a Far Cry with only the collection minigame and climbing minigame. Can't wait for the reveal of the new Assassin's Creed that will have no fighting.
That would be an improvement for AC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Far Cry with no guns is basically Next Gen HD Banjo Tooie.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

That would be an improvement for AC

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
No archery/stabbing love itt.

In Training posted:

Already beat it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Agag posted:

No archery/stabbing love itt.

the worst mechanic of far cry was meleeing animals, and now they made a whole game around it. the best part was looking at the guns.

• Locked thread