Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
my dad needed to brandish his 12 gauge to fend off some guido mobster wannabes once

so it's like 1990 or something like that and dad owns a small auto repair shop next to an italian restaurant. this is in a city in new york that's kind of a shithole (crack and urban decay and dying industry - think a small, more easterly detroit). the power goes out, but it comes back on for that block relatively quickly. These three lunkheads show up and start demanding my dad, who had stayed late to take care of some business in his office, give them money because they knew a guy at the power company who got the power back on for them faster. he naturally tells them to gently caress off, and they leave, but dad's suspicious so he gets his 12 gauge from his desk and loads it. the guys come back, armed with pipes and other blunt instruments, but dad pulls the shotgun and racks it and they run off. amusingly, they call the cops, dad unloads the shotgun and explains what happened to the police. the three guys were known troublemakers, so the cops believed my dad over them and they were the ones who got arrested.

that's the story. i'm pretty sure it's true because my dad has always instilled in me that honesty is important, he's not the type to make this poo poo up (and in fact doesn't like it when I share this story, he's no glory hound).

also my mom kept my dad's alcoholism a secret for years until I was 16 when it all fell apart when I went to go visit him for the summer, goddamn that wasn't fun to see him reduced to a slovenly wreck :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread