Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This E/N thread about a mysterious 19-year-old letter carrying a deep family secret
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744453&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

has me wondering: Have you ever received a bombshell about something that happened in your family's past? Or maybe they built up that there was a big dark secret and it turned out to be nothing, or something an older generation freaks out about but modern people don't?

For me, it's kind of tame, but my father revealed that he had had a gay lover for ten years before he met and married my mom. It wasn't shocking for the usual reasons, the reason why it freaked me out was because he supposedly discovered he was gay while married to my mom and that was why he left. Now I know that it had to be for another reason, my wife and I suspect he just wanted to ghost on raising me (I was a difficult baby).

TL:DR: Dad still gay, so... WHAT?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dave_Indeed posted:

So he had a gay lover, then met and married your mom, but discovered he was gay while married to your mom?

That must have been an awkward 10 years of gay sex.

Put discovered in quotes and you've got it

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I had two distant cousins who were brother and sister. They bith married their first cousins... Also brother and sister

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
These confessions have gotten way better in the last dozen or so posts

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

op needs to make a sequel thread where we vote on the most hosed-up skeletons. my vote goes to either the mercenary rascit grandpa or the family that reenacted part of flowers in the attic.

How is it possible that these are getting more shocking? I've never seem that happen, usually these threads just dry up after a week or so.

I thought flowers in the attic was going to be the peak, but then paid-people-to-rape family-members might have topped it

Edit: unless "two of my great great grwmdma's kids were her grandkids" means what i think it does, in which case flowers in the attic is back on top

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 12, 2015

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
One of my wife's first cousins is a strong liberal, who pissed off thebentire family by pretending to be staunchly conservative in order to get a job as the district attorney of a right wing county. There's been some schadenfreude recently, as one of the high profile mass shootings of the last few years happened in his county, so watching him have to be frequently interviewed on the news, and double down on "gun control isnt the solution," when we all know he disagrees with what he's saying has been pleasantly awkward to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doppelganger posted:

My brother's first girlfriend in high school turned out to be the same girl our uncle and aunt gave up for adoption.

So he was dating his cousin? Weird.

• Locked thread