Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My mom's the biggest gossip on her side of the family, and every time I go to visit my parents she always tells me the hottest info on whatever new poo poo's going on in this huge (100+) Hispanic family. She always prefaces it with "just in case anybody asks you about it...", but I know she just wants to tell someone who doesn't know what's going on yet.

The latest bit is my aunt, her Jamaican husband, and their two daughters. The older one has a severe mental disability that keeps her at home as she's pushing 40, and the other's pretty normal. She got married to a Japanese dude a few years back and they seemed pretty happy together. One day they're talking about kids and the husband said he didn't want any, because apparently he was afraid they'd end up dark skinned like my uncle. I figured racism like that is one of the checks you do before you get married to someone, but I guess it slipped her mind because how could an Asian dude be racist?

Anyway they end up filing for divorce due to this and other complications, and my cousin goes to her mother to talk things out about the divorce. Apparently when they got to the fear of darkie babies, my aunt tried to console my cousin by saying she has nothing to worry about, because my uncle isn't her real father. When it came time for a second child, my aunt was afraid of having two disabled children weighing them down, so she secretly hosed another dude and just never told my uncle.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

I wish I could gossip with your mom every week, this really is the best in the thread. Are your aunt and uncle still together?

I'm honestly not 100% sure. Last time I visited my aunt's house after all this happened, all his stuff was still there (he's big into guitars/motorcycles and the 2nd floor landing has his collection in display), and for what it's worth they've still go each other on Facebook as "married", but I haven't actually seen my uncle personally in like 5+ years. From what I can glean from my mom and others in my family, a lot of that side of the family doesn't like him too much, and I never see him at the Christmas parties.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Not as exciting as my last story, but I was talking with my dad a few weeks ago and he was telling me some stories about my grandfather. I'm not 100% on the fine details, but I guess he worked as a cop and later an investigator of some renown in Mexico City. He apparently had some connections not just with the government but some crime bosses as well. One of the bosses invited my grandfather over for a chat after a murder trial where he was found innocent and straight-up admitted to my grandfather that he did it.

Old man shared some secrets with my pops, but probably held on to many more. Dad says there's probably a lot of people out there who were glad when he died a few years back.

• Locked thread