Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I bet you guys would be shocked to hear that ol' Clochette has a rather sordid family history, most of it not involving pizzas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

My great-grandfather was possibly a war criminal. He came to America from Poland in the 1910s and fought in World War I. For some reason, he went back to Poland for World War II. While there, he did something to get his name included in the archival records of the Institute of National Remembrance, which prosecutes "crimes against the Polish nation," which includes Nazi and Communist crimes. He escaped Poland via Belarus and Russia and came back to America. I originally got this information from my second cousin, but now she says he was actually on a Nazi kill list and had to cut his trip short because of that. I'm not sure what to believe.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

My grandfather was a pretty vocal, italian american grandfather, except when it came to anything involving his time in WWII. I didn't even know that he served until I was asked to get something out of my grandparents hall closet only to find an officer's sword with a swastika on it. Turns out he shot and killed "escaping" german POWs in their custody not too long after the Malmedy massacre.

My great-uncle obtained a huge Nazi flag and brought it home. It was so big that it almost covered the entire wall of the basement. He was pretty proud of it and used to bring his friends down to drink there.

• Locked thread