Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a few months ago my dad told me that i was almost aborted because my parents didn't think they were financially ready for a kid. they went to the clinic but it closed 10 minutes before they arrived. the day after my dad got promoted and so yeah, here i am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Once in college my dad smoked weed
same, except he said he hated it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh yeah, my grandfather on my mom's side participated in the air traffic controller strike back in the 80s and was fired by Reagan. he wrote him a letter calling him a "big old political oval office". i think he has a copy framed in his office.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

criscodisco posted:

When I was in elementary school, we had a week every year called "book week". The rule behind book week was that a few times a day, the principal would come over the loudspeaker and announce that it was reading time. You had to have a book ready to read for 15-ish minutes, and if you didn't have one ready, there was a bookshelf in the classroom for you to grab one out of.

I had a choose your own adventure book all week, but on Friday I forgot it at home. When reading time was announced, I ran over and grabbed a big picture book called "The Body". I opened it up and there was a big 2-page picture of a skeleton, laid out like a centerfold. The kid next to me, Kurt, said "oh gross I hate those things!"

I said "what do you mean? That's what's inside all of us!" He said "no it isn't, they're scary!", so I pointed out the skull, where our nose was and our mouth and eyes. He started screaming at the top of his lungs and wouldn't stop. Our teacher had to take him out into the hall because he was melting down.

He never came back to class again.
and then he went on to found Nirvana

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

moonsour posted:

Two of my great great grandma's kids were her grandkids, and her 3rd daughter was locked in the attic away from the family after she got pregnant a second time at 16 causing my great great grandpa to say he never wanted to see her again!

Her 2 kids turned out fine, but she lost a ton of weight and by the time her parents died and she was 'found' she couldn't really talk anymore.

My mom met her about 5 years ago and started freaking out as quietly as she could. She'd spent every summer in that house as a kid and never knew.
:stare:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

op needs to make a sequel thread where we vote on the most hosed-up skeletons. my vote goes to either the mercenary rascit grandpa or the family that reenacted part of flowers in the attic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

first post is complete bullshit, as is most of the thread, I'm sure
much like your life

:smug:

• Locked thread