Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Nerds posted:

This E/N thread about a mysterious 19-year-old letter carrying a deep family secret
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744453&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

has me wondering: Have you ever received a bombshell about something that happened in your family's past? Or maybe they built up that there was a big dark secret and it turned out to be nothing, or something an older generation freaks out about but modern people don't?

For me, it's kind of tame, but my father revealed that he had had a gay lover for ten years before he met and married my mom. It wasn't shocking for the usual reasons, the reason why it freaked me out was because he supposedly discovered he was gay while married to my mom and that was why he left. Now I know that it had to be for another reason, my wife and I suspect he just wanted to ghost on raising me (I was a difficult baby).

TL:DR: Dad still gay, so... WHAT?!

So he had a gay lover, then met and married your mom, but discovered he was gay while married to your mom?

That must have been an awkward 10 years of gay sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread