Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LadyAmbien posted:

It came out at my Dad's memorial that my Grandfather used to beat the living poo poo out of him, and he was thrown out of a plate glass window trying to protect his little brother (my Uncle). I had always suspected something like this had happened because he left home at 16, and always had a bit of a temper, but it was something else hearing it from my Uncle who was trying to choke back tears.

I think the only other shocking thing was hearing that my maternal Grandmother was raped as a child, and that because her father was of high ranking in the RCMP, they did not go after the man because they didn't want to bring shame to our family. She was the sweetest sweetest woman, and it always made me so angry to think of anyone hurting her, or not standing up for her. The good thing is that my Grandpa was an absolutely amazing man, and loved the hell out of her.

What's the point of being a high ranking cop if you can't murder people who have wronged your family? Betcha the perp had a "hunting accident" and fell into an old mineshaft

Rambling Robot posted:

lol. tell us more.

good writing is show, don't tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread