Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I just realized that knights of the old republic and knights of the fallen empire are basically the exact same title. I'm the kind of dope that gives marketing people a reason to live

Heh seeing you put the two titles now makes me think it refers to the Sith empire rather than referring to the new Zakuul one. Also highlights that they know their bread is buttered upon the Imperial side. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fuzz posted:

Don't bother since she will probably no longer be crazy good in KotFE.

Why wouldn't she still be the best companion? Just because other companions can switch from DPS to tank o heals doesn't mean she won't still be the best, being a tank who can also heal.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Also, she's a psychopathic ewok.

With their talk of standardizing abilities I wonder what some of the companions more unique abilities though. Like Lokin turning into a rakhghoul though that ability is kind of useless IMO.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

Also, she's a psychopathic ewok.

With their talk of standardizing abilities I wonder what some of the companions more unique abilities though. Like Lokin turning into a rakhghoul though that ability is kind of useless IMO.

I wonder the same thing. Realistically that's just his version of Talos blaster stance.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

I wonder the same thing. Realistically that's just his version of Talos blaster stance.

All the other healers imperial side have a blaster stance, I think that's the one one who can't heal while in it though. Which is why I always found it lousy.

I'm guessing part of the standardization is, besides making every companion viable for all roles quickly, is weren't they saying new companions will drop from crates now? Like generic ones without a story.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

All the other healers imperial side have a blaster stance, I think that's the one one who can't heal while in it though. Which is why I always found it lousy.

I'm guessing part of the standardization is, besides making every companion viable for all roles quickly, is weren't they saying new companions will drop from crates now? Like generic ones without a story.

Yeah there will be generic droid/animal combat only companions (no story, no selling trash, no crafting) that drop from cartel packs. Kind of a genius idea actually, surprised it took them this long.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

They should turn HK-51's assassinate into a full heal every 6 kills when in heal stance.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rouncer posted:

They should turn HK-51's assassinate into a full heal every 6 kills when in heal stance.

Hmmm that's interesting, I wonder if HK will be able to change specs or if he'll be limited to DPS still.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Gonna be funny to have Khem Val touch you up with some healing after a fight to only go "I'm going to kill you eventually" afterwards.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DLing now to play, but I never purchased the 2 expansions. Just the main game way back. Will I just be able to do the main content, and unable to logically access the new stuff when released due to lacking the previous expansions?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Hmmm that's interesting, I wonder if HK will be able to change specs or if he'll be limited to DPS still.

Objection: Master, I really must convey my disapproval at being asked to perform such non-lethal tasks.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

If the 12x xp boost is expiring on the 19th, have they talked about anything specific replacing it? All I saw was a promise of a more "streamlined leveling experience", whatever that means.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dandywalken posted:

DLing now to play, but I never purchased the 2 expansions. Just the main game way back. Will I just be able to do the main content, and unable to logically access the new stuff when released due to lacking the previous expansions?

You can access the new stuff (Knights of the Fallen Empire) AND the previous two expansions, if you subscribe - after either the 20th or the 27th, I'm not certain.
If you don't subscribe and don't purchase the past 2 expansions, you will not be able to play any expansion or KOTFE content.

The Bramble posted:

If the 12x xp boost is expiring on the 19th, have they talked about anything specific replacing it? All I saw was a promise of a more "streamlined leveling experience", whatever that means.

Class quests give 6x exp and planetary quests give 6x exp. So same as it is now but you need to do planetary questline as well as class.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dandywalken posted:

If you subscribe, you'll have access to the first expansion (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) now, and Shadow of Revan on 10/27.

The Bramble posted:

Yes, in the stream they announced that XP bonuses will be such that you can level solely by doing Class quests and the main Planetary questline. Not quite 12x, but still super quick.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gotcha, thanks guys!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I wonder if maybe Lokin's special trick will be his dps form, functionally making him a melee dps companion when set to that role.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Yes, in the stream they announced that XP bonuses will be such that you can level solely by doing Class quests and the main Planetary questline. Not quite 12x, but still super quick.

I consider this a plus since the planetary questlines are actually pretty cool.

And then you can come back level-synced and do the bonus questlines!

Also, I imagine if you want to do less planetary quests, you can do flashpoints for xp/gear.

I like 12x in theory but kinda don't like outleveling all the other content so quickly so this seems like a nice balance.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Anyone looking to click on a refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/VgpTq5

If you could click on it I would appreciate it :3

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Oh God, I could see this turning into a poor man's Goldmine if you post the blank conversation template...

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
New expansion, whooo!

:just post:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I've come back to a character at 50 and 50k credits in the bank. What's the best way to make lots of money at high level?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

So I've come back to a character at 50 and 50k credits in the bank. What's the best way to make lots of money at high level?

Right now if you're a Synthweaver, Armormech, Artificer, Biochem or Armstech crafter, get your skill up to 450 or 500 and start cranking out MK-9 or MK-10 augment kit components (make an item like a belt, reverse engineer it and you'll get a component). That poo poo is selling like hotcakes right now. 5k per piece.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Fuzz posted:

So much for anyone else getting referrals. :arghfist::smith:

Well as I called out earlier, do you have all the reward tiers yet? Apparently I'm 90 days old and able to grace another referral link.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jan posted:

Well as I called out earlier, do you have all the reward tiers yet? Apparently I'm 90 days old and able to grace another referral link.

I need one more. We really should just setup some sort of referral database chain where people get reminders every 90 days to use a code. It's basically free money, and all the decorations I get I've been donating to the Guild Hall, for the most part, because I don't really care about the Stronghold stuff until I can make an awesome underwater SH on Manaan or something weird like that.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Is the thing where I can just do class quests to level still active?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

SweetBro posted:

Is the thing where I can just do class quests to level still active?
If you're a subscriber, yes. All story missions up to 55 (including Ilum and Makeb) will give 12x experience and 12 basic commendations any time you would've previously received any.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

At the end of the last thread when someone was posting about the best way to prep your alts to power level through their stories, someone mentioned send a few hundred basic comms to each one to get them started on buying mods for orange gear. How exactly does one send Comms to other characters? I've figured out how to mail items and creds. Googling seems to suggest the way to do it is buying stuff, legacy banking it, then refunding it, but that hasn't worked so far.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

FelixReynolds posted:

At the end of the last thread when someone was posting about the best way to prep your alts to power level through their stories, someone mentioned send a few hundred basic comms to each one to get them started on buying mods for orange gear. How exactly does one send Comms to other characters? I've figured out how to mail items and creds. Googling seems to suggest the way to do it is buying stuff, legacy banking it, then refunding it, but that hasn't worked so far.

It's not just buying "stuff," there are really specific items that actually work for that and the rest don't.

If you go to a mid-level commendation equipment vendor and buy a box that has a random item in it, you can put the box in the legacy bank for another character to refund. There are a few different boxes with different costs, but usually if you're trying to move a ton of comms you get the purple boxes that cost 12 each. Sometimes I get one or two cheaper ones to use up my last few commendations, if I'm trying to totally clean out one character's stash.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

e: whoops wrong thread.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 8, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's not just buying "stuff," there are really specific items that actually work for that and the rest don't.

If you go to a mid-level commendation equipment vendor and buy a box that has a random item in it, you can put the box in the legacy bank for another character to refund. There are a few different boxes with different costs, but usually if you're trying to move a ton of comms you get the purple boxes that cost 12 each. Sometimes I get one or two cheaper ones to use up my last few commendations, if I'm trying to totally clean out one character's stash.

Alternatively, if you have the reputation, droid parts on CZ-198 are great for this too. Buy them for 50 basic comms and 80-100k, put them in legacy bank, return with alt. Alt now has the comms and some credits.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Any way to move elites and ultimates around like that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Any way to move elites and ultimates around like that?

Nope.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I've seen some people ask here and in guild chat about what to do before 4.0 hits. While only the one in bold is really essential, here's what I'd suggest overall:

• Finish your class story - you won't be able to once you start KOTFE
  • Complete any planetary main quest chain missions you want to do - they will also lock out with KOTFE start
  • Complete companion affection missions - yadda yadda KOTFE lock out
  • If you've never done them, do Illum and Makeb at least once - not only will they lock out, they're worth doing once. Makeb also has an achievement that will go away in 4.0. Look on Dulfy for the Makeb staged weekly walkthrough
  • Hoard some comms - they're getting a new name in 4.0 but you won't lose them and they'll buy better stuff than now
  • If you care about titles and/or achievements, some of them will be much easier now than in 4.0 due to upcoming level sync. I'd suggest doing planetary exploration, kill 1k NPC with X companion, seeker droid, macrobinoculars, and kill the named elites
  • All Ops are getting adjusted to level 65 in 4.0. While you'll be able to do them 50-65 due to bolster, some of them are really easy right now - good time for titles and decorations
  • Same goes for Flashpoints. At 60, you can solo pretty much any FP for titles and/or decorations, if that's you thing. This will be gone in 4.0 - though some FP are being converted to solo mode, we don't know how that affects titles/decorations
  • Transfer some comms to your alts with the methods described above
  • You can have up to 3 unclaimed quests at once. I'm sure that some people will queue up 3 quests on Oct. 18 so that when they log on on the 19th they have 3 quests worth of XP banked up for the push to 65.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Hulk Smash! posted:

You can have up to 3 unclaimed quests at once. I'm sure that some people will queue up 3 quests on Oct. 18 so that when they log on on the 19th they have 3 quests worth of XP banked up for the push to 65.

Also for anyone trying to hit 60 before the expansion, this is a great way to extend the 12x XP on Makeb a bit. You speak to the npc as normal but don't accept the rewards, typically I do this right around when I hit level 54. You'll still hit 55 pretty quickly just from killing all the mobs for the quests and exploring. Once you do, you can accept the 3 quest rewards and because the xp is calculated when you speak to the npc, you still get 12x on them, this usually gets me to about 56 and a half instantly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ah so I just read that the gear you can craft that is equivalent to raid gear minus set bonus is non-moddable. So raiding will still be needed to get BiS gear, but you can craft great starter gear.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Hulk Smash! posted:

[*]Transfer some comms to your alts with the methods described above

Which methods?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That stinks. FF14 has spoiled me with the whole "any class on one character" thing.

Any of the companion affection missions worth doing? I've mostly ignored companion affection and I'll have a lot of work to do to see any of that content, don't know if any of it is worth the effort

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

That stinks. FF14 has spoiled me with the whole "any class on one character" thing.

Any of the companion affection missions worth doing? I've mostly ignored companion affection and I'll have a lot of work to do to see any of that content, don't know if any of it is worth the effort

Good to see the story.

Thyrork posted:

Which methods?

Look up literally like 3 posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

So I've been playing this game for about 3 days now and really liking it story wise but I don't get why they made this a MMO in the first place. I have little desire to interact with other players but tried to do a dungeon/flashpoint and it was a horrible experience. I guess I'll stick with it for a while just to enjoy the story and play with alts.

• Locked thread