Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Is there any new dialogue if you play one of the opposing faction races via legacy/cartel market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Solarflare posted:

Has anyone else experienced a delay when trying to buy the Outlander pack off Origin? They're telling me it could take up to 48 hours which is ridiculous considering it's just a code, presumably.

Yeah my first one over the weekend took 36 hours, second one bought for a friend is going on 44 so far. Saw a lot of people mentioning it when I googled it Friday.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

It says it's the only server I've got characters on, and I'm pretty sure I don't have another account.

Pop around checking the other servers, I'm pretty sure my list was borked and didn't show the right number of characters at first when I came back the first time after server merges.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If anyone gets the blue screen of death while cruising around alderaan, taris, voss, belsavis, etc on a flight path or mount - turning grass down to 0 seems to avoid it for now. Some kind of issue with new nvidia drivers conflicting with direct x and windows 10 or something. You can either do some driver rollback wizardry until they fix it or just turn the grass off in the settings for a no-brainer bandaid. Worked for me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Medullah posted:

If you're getting to the point where he's one shot sniping you, you're probably missing the lock mechanic. When the big protective thing comes down, you have to quickly click all 4 panels on it to unlock it.

Also don't be standing under the big protective thing when it comes down as you can get squished by it, it had been so long since I ran foundry that I didn't know what hit me.

As much as this game pumps you up when you are storming your way through a flashpoint, force choking dudes and kicking rear end while the trade federation march plays, the enemy coms chattering about how unstoppable you are, and hearing the sounds of the fleets fighting outside; it really makes you feel the walk of shame when you get to run back through empty corridors with no music, voices or sfx playing to get to a boss that killed you in easymode solo.

For instance the twin robots in false emperor, where you have to stand inside their field instead of outside, took stupid me a few tries to figure out since decades of MMOs trained me to get the gently caress out of enemy circles unless they have giant green arrows pointing to it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

This chart I picked up last month somewhere in this thread is kind of neat for the content leading up to the newest expansion.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

kalstrams posted:

Hmm, I should do that as well then. Can I expect heroics to be reasonably doable solo?

Set your companion to heal and they are trivial if a bit tedious, depending on your class and gear and stuff. You get better rewards in a group but groups aren't necessary.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I just finished trooper and smuggler act 3s over the weekend. Thanks to some extra leveling in December I could just cruise through the required missions (class quests and getting the corellian train active). I had consular, agent, warrior and inquisitor done already. So now my jedi sentinel can do every story boss fight by force choke, groin kick, then force lightning while picking all the dark side options and wondering why none of the jedi around have a problem with this. Good times.

Anyone have an opinion on whether male or female voice/character is better for light side sith warrior run? I went cartoon evil guy on my first one in 2011.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Frog Act posted:

I made a guy in this game and its pretty neat, I like the Trooper storyline so far even if it is hella generic. I'm on the Goon server as DongQuixote.

Quick question: does this game have a big "world" like a normal MMO or is it sectioned off into zones or what? I wasn't expecting to be seeing so many other PCs running around the starting zone, for some reason I thought everything was instanced. Oh and how can I put away this fancy armor the game gave me thats taking up half my inventory, I don't wanna look like a pilot

It's sectioned off into planets which are mostly further sectioned off into 4-5 areas with base hubs, questing areas and sets of instances. You can tell the instances because they have green/red colored fields that you walk through into the instance, and pointing your mouse at the field will say either GROUP or a class name.

Some of the later planets like Tattooine and Hoth have larger areas than others, for immersion I guess. Not sure if you'd call the areas or the planets themselves zones, the border between planet areas is seamless though often has a bottleneck/canyon crossing.

You can dump your extra armor into your ship vault once you have that. There are also vaults off the center ring on the fleet which you should get to after the starting planet. And in Coruscant in the area down the ramps outside the senate building (Dromund Kass City for imps).

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Have people gotten pissed off that the "free" HK jetpack mount has a flourish?

And awesome they gave me credit for beating chapter 3 on my smuggler towards the general achievements, I noticed that bug last week and found years old posts complaining about it since achievements went in.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Telex posted:

If i had the money it'd be super tempting to buy the 25 and put it up for 40.

I mean there's no sense in putting one up for 20 mil less than the next guy unless you've gotta pack back a Hutt for some gambling losses like today or he's gonna freeze you in carbonite.

MMO auction house listings are crazy, I've never understood them after years of warcraft and other games. I got a meditation hoverchair from one of the BSG packs they brought back for a week last month. After the packs were removed again, I saw the hoverchair listed on the GTN for 22 mil, and a bunch of stuff I wanted was 1-7 mil. So I posted mine up for 21.9. I then watched over a week as people went undercut crazy. Later that night there were ones up for 19 and 17. Then 15 and 12 the next day. 9 and 7 the day after that.

Around that time I broke 3 million on my sentinel just from grinding every quest ever on my way through the planets. I decided I'd rather keep my hoverchair if money is that relatively easy to come by.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Do the macrobinocular and seeker droid missions carry over into KOTFE if you don't finish them first?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

One difference if you are doing heroic missions alongside the story is that from 1-60 they reward you a box with two blue items, and from 61-65 they give you new items instead that you can't do anything with until you complete a chunk of the most recent expansion. Assuming you are a subscriber, if not I don't think you get the boxes.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is Dark v Light still going on? I haven't played since spring, thinking about coming back and playing catch up soon but might restart sooner if I can still earn some rewards and that armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

prefect posted:

It hasn't ended yet. I had been assuming it would end in October, but I think they just said "in the Fall", so it could also be November. :shrug:

Thanks, I will get it patching tonight and will check it out.

• Locked thread