Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

TLM3101 posted:

Welcome to what is arguably the best story in the game, next to the Imperial Agent. The end of Act one is downright sedate compared to what you've got in store, so strap in and enjoy the ride!

I always thought the inquisitor wasn't a stand out story by itself but stood out because it twists a very old classic into a hilarious place. At least Act 1 anyway.

You're the chosen one by blood (The King) who's a slave (who's a farmhand). You are saved by a Sith Lord (A Wizard) who takes you on a journey to the grand throne world of your people (the kingdom's castle), to gather artefacts while learning your powers (that one's pretty on target!) while working alongside a powerful ally who's actually a monster! (the king's champion with a dark past)

You're the original rags to riches heroic story, completely flipped on its head. Its wonderful. :allears:

Also Lightsided Lady Sith Warrior is one of my fav's for twisting narratives and loving with expectations. Try it if you've yet to!

prefect posted:

The Agent storyline was so good; I just wish I'd been able to finesse it so that I could have been a double-agent. :argh:

I preferred Freedom and being an ally of the empire without interference. Although I really wish "Save Imperial Intelligence" ending had survived from the beta. Ah well, at least SOR let me help shape sith intelligence.

It's still suprising to me how much being a woman with a sniper rifle and a whole pile of toxin's has sunk its claws into me. In a setting with space wizards, I'm making due on skill and crazy preparation alone. It just feels so right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Hulk Smash! posted:

[*]Transfer some comms to your alts with the methods described above

Which methods?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Medullah posted:

Look up literally like 3 posts.

Cheers. :v:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
While I am enjoying Consular, and I've yet to beat it (on Corellia now), I just wanted to say to anyone whos got their eye on rolling one to see its story, Go Sage, unless you really want to be a Shadow.

Regularly running into two silvers and a gold, because the plot demands it, is not fun in the slightest.

It is a refreshingly "Mystical Jedi Problems" storyline without sacrificing anything* for it. Enjoying it alot.

*Unlike the Knight that crams the "Luke Skywalker Experience" so deeply down your throat you're coughing up bits of different Superweapon's for weeks afterwards.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I might have been unclear. I really enjoy Shadow/Assassin's playstyle. I hate that they keep throwing me into impossible odds fights that require multiple attempts even with gear thats upto date.

Spent more coms on my shadow then any other class keeping my gear fresh. Rerolled Tank too. Its been an interesting ride so far for sure.

However I cant help but think the Sage's toolset was in mind when they balanced alot of this. Its pretty rough. Not right up impossible but the deck feels against you as a Shadow.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cythereal posted:

Huh. I don't recall having any trouble with my Shadow leveling as dps. Used Theran all the time until I got Nadia, then switched to her. I don't remember any fights being especially hard except for the last boss which I forgot the first time has actual mechanics you can't ignore.

That'd be my mistake then. I've been using Qyzen until I replaced him with Nadia. Theran rubbed me funny as a character so I didn't give him a second thought, healer or not. Holiday is also somewhere between Aww and Ugh too, the latter mostly because of Theran.

It'll be nice when any companion can do anything. :unsmith:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Reveilled posted:

I think one of the real problems with Jedi, particularly old republic Jedi, is the supression of emotions. As such Jedi stories have very little emotive impact and their voice acting tends to be flat, at least if you are playing mostly light-sided.

It's a problem yeah. Thankfully I offset it slightly by having my Consular have a ruthless side with armed enemies, Sith, but not the Empire, and Hutts/The Cartel as a whole. Still a good Jedi, just prone to snarling at Hutts. :fuckoff:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

TheCrushinator posted:

so are the eurogoons playing on the US server to?

UK here. Apart from some very occasional (like one or twice every few hours) "Did I disconnect? Oh no, just a huge spike." moments*, US is as smooth as EU servers.

*And I'm inclined to think this is my connection, but only Star Wars suffers so there might be something to it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Eimi posted:

If you open your quest log there is a reset quest button. It will start you over from the beginning but it lets you reset those 'final' choices.

:sigh: I forgot that button existed.

sassassin posted:

Should I be taking green quest reward gear or commendations when I get a choice?

Commendations.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Stupid question regarding the "cartel" vendors, none of them are going away anytime soon right? Just got my rep with Contraband Resale upto almost-champion in one sitting and It'll be nice to have a source of a few more outfits for future alts.

Dont want to discover later that they are gone or anything. :ohdear:

Also my gambling paid off with two certificates. Any recommendations for my sniper? :v:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Medullah posted:

You've brought that up like 3 times, I'm pretty sure it's your home page at this point.

Yeah pal, If you're going to say things like;

Rouncer posted:

(my Jugg uses it in his slut outfit while my PT uses it with a full armored look)

At least deliver on both. :mad:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Rouncer posted:

Edit2 - Mine is the one wearing sunglasses. I can take more screenshots later, if you'd like...
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699195&pagenumber=130&perpage=40#post448905765

Its so trippy, and pink. :magical:

Realtalk, I'd be happy to see the BH one, always on the look out for that. Got a Juggernaught that i want to outfit to look like a tech-lover (none of that cyborg stuff tho) and a BH i want to turn into a walking arsenal :hellyeah:.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Eimi posted:

As for Marr's face, my bet is him looking like this

I'm glad our "Marr is Bishi as gently caress" talk lives on. :allears:

Fuzz posted:

The problem is that Jedi != Light Side and Sith != Dark Side. They're 4 different things.

A good post. Thankfully Bioware seemed to be fully aware of this and wrote accordingly. Its not like the PC is the only nice Sith you run into either, a questgiver sithlord on Yavin 4 who is chipper as gently caress. The cool old guy on Tatooine who just wants to find artefacts. Darth "Cool Old Uncle" Vowrawn :allears:

And heck, the Sith side of that is also more complex when you realise their are Sith who use more then just "GET MAD!" as their power. Dromund Kass's "seal the doors in the dark temple" questline has that hologram that mentions sith using Passion as their inner fire. I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to assume that extends to other powerful emotions and drives.

Somewhere out-there is a Sith powered by overwhelming smugness.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Zash chat, :allears:

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyrRjRuFIQw Saw this, thought of all our hutt friends who get to pilot robots.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Viscera Cleanup Detail - Star Wars Edition? :allears:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I'm not very happy with my Princessing in SWTOR, but that's what I get for rebuilding my EU account on the US. :haw: So I'm cherry picking some of them.

Agent (Main)

"On the Job." Also my preferred outfit, even if its just the prelude stuff from Revan! :haw:

Treek is such a great companion. :allears:

Smuggler

"Put that camera away, I look like I'm posing for a recruitment drive."

No companion for this one, It's the Wookie anyway. Who wouldn't use the Wookie?!

Consular

Kinda happy with both outfits here actually.

Bounty Hunter

Same here too, because Heat-sink armour is amazing. :allears:

Warrior

Prior to "joining" the Sith, I like to imagine my Warrior was a Imperial Ace because this was the outfit I started with on a whim. Funny when that kind of narrative happens.

Inquisitor

Glorious Sith Patriot of the Empire. Also shy.

This one's kinda dull honestly, but I do like that it fits what with the Sith Inq being responsible for reviving and successfully completing the Silencer project.

Bonus screenshots!

Also why is taking screenshots in this game so hit and miss. :negative:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 17, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Beeme posted:

How can you use this hairstyle, doesn't it clip horribly through your face all the time? Maybe my issue was that I tried it with Sith Warrior, but most of my attacks would leave me with it stuck clipping forward and half of my scalp visible. I just wish they would accept their defeat in this attempt to have hairstyles with physics and make it static. I really like how it looks.

It occasionally clips badly when skipping dialogue or falling.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

I don't know how people do this. :(

Oof. Its because you picked the story that has bad choices as actual acts of evil, not cartoonish mustache twirling "I'm going to eat this baby, Khem, get my space camera!" evil.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Expansion was good but Guild Wars 2 has sank its claws into me. Feel free to kick my alts but if you could keep Vasdora and Vasry in that'd be great since I wont be gone that long. :unsmith:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Hello again thread. So i got to the end of KOTFE content (didn't do any of the repeatable stuff once you get your base), what's been added since?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
No new chapters yet? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

Holy poo poo who decided to put the Makeb endurance datacron there? Why? :qq:

The endurance doesn't come from the cube, it comes from the journey! :eng101:

gently caress that particular cube!

• Locked thread