Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

prefect posted:

I just finished chapter one for my Sith Inquisitor last night.

That got weird in a hurry. :stare:

Welcome to what is arguably the best story in the game, next to the Imperial Agent. The end of Act one is downright sedate compared to what you've got in store, so strap in and enjoy the ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Thyrork posted:

I always thought the inquisitor wasn't a stand out story by itself but stood out because it twists a very old classic into a hilarious place. At least Act 1 anyway.

You're the chosen one by blood (The King) who's a slave (who's a farmhand). You are saved by a Sith Lord (A Wizard) who takes you on a journey to the grand throne world of your people (the kingdom's castle), to gather artefacts while learning your powers (that one's pretty on target!) while working alongside a powerful ally who's actually a monster! (the king's champion with a dark past)

You're the original rags to riches heroic story, completely flipped on its head. Its wonderful. :allears:

Also Lightsided Lady Sith Warrior is one of my fav's for twisting narratives and loving with expectations. Try it if you've yet to!

Compared to the horrendous shitshow that is the Trooper ( Seriously, what the hell possessed them to turn Act 3 into... that? ), and the generally "fun and reasonably entertaining, but middling-to-bad quality" writing for most of the other stories in the game, Sith Inquisitor is an absolute gem. But, yes, part of it is also that it's a dark reflection of the Hero's Journey, and you still have the option to play it heroically, or just go full villain.

The Imperial Agent is still the best story all told, but the Inquisitor is still head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. If I were to rate the stories, I'd say Agent, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter/Smuggler, Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior, Jedi Consular and ( ugh ) Trooper waaaaay down in the trash-compactor.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Figured I might as well join in with the referral codes, so here's another if anyone wants to use it.

http://www.swtor.com/r/v2kH2b

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Rincewind posted:

Who are some of the light side Sith NPCs?

I remember running into a bunch on my LS Sith Warrior, but that was ages ago so I don't remember who any of them were. :v:

Darth Vowrawn ( :swoon: ) kind of counts, I guess? I just ran through the Warrior questline again and Corellia is actually made bearable by the fact that you meet him. Truly, the chillest Darth. Marr might actually also count, to be honest; he seems very much to be a "Good of the Empire over personal Power" kind of guy from what we've seen in the game, especially given how Makeb shakes out for the Empire.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Rincewind posted:

Vowrawn! I forgot all about that guy but he totally rules.

Vowrawn is the Darth of my heart forever for how he just goes with the flow of all the crazy poo poo happening after you show up. Hell, he even compliments and commends your crew, depending on some choices. And yeah, I'm probably making too much of him but compared to so, so many other of the Sith characters you interact with in the game, he really stands out as Different, which makes him really memorable.

edit: Oh! Serevin on Voss is actually pretty chill as well, if you play your cards right.

• Locked thread