Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

xsf421 posted:

I picked it up, but it doesn't seem to give you access to the hutt cartel expansion, which is kind of lame.

I think that comes free with sub time (and remains even if you unsub)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

If you switch out tradeskills do you have to do all three over again or can you pick and choose?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Also, she's a psychopathic ewok.

With their talk of standardizing abilities I wonder what some of the companions more unique abilities though. Like Lokin turning into a rakhghoul though that ability is kind of useless IMO.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

I wonder the same thing. Realistically that's just his version of Talos blaster stance.

All the other healers imperial side have a blaster stance, I think that's the one one who can't heal while in it though. Which is why I always found it lousy.

I'm guessing part of the standardization is, besides making every companion viable for all roles quickly, is weren't they saying new companions will drop from crates now? Like generic ones without a story.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Gonna be funny to have Khem Val touch you up with some healing after a fight to only go "I'm going to kill you eventually" afterwards.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

Caveat- Subscribers don't get the SoR expansion for free until 10/27 so you'd only be able to get to 55.

Aw wait what? Ive been sitting ony hands with my main at 55 the past two weeks leveling alts because I thought SoR was going to unlock with early access.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sage animations are pretty underwhelming at times but I did get top kills in Hutt ball last night with my level 14 telekinetic sage last night, so that's fun.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Also despite alt tabbing frequently to refer to sources and hitting escape to do over conversations repeatedly at the end of my Sith Warrior chapter 1, I think I still biffed on turning Jaesa to the dark side.

May have been kind of drunk though.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah I did it the right way and then I read something that said actually, it's the conversation after, so I did it the wrong way. Then I talked to her on the ship and she was like, "Cool, cant wait until we take down the Sith empire from within!" And I was like oh nooooo

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Non-spoilers question: is space PVE worth doing at all? Like, I mean the heroics at the end. Is their payout kind of worth it at all for the cost of upgrading your ship, or is there GSF stuff you can buy with space comms?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

For myself I've found some specs better than others when it comes to ability fatigue. Like, concealment operative was very easy to jump into and you're probably using less than ten abilities any battle, while assassin tank was just not real fun for me to play because there's so many things that need to be on cooldown.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Honestly, all the storylines are alright, everyone is going to have their own tastes. Like, some goon the other page thought the sith inquisitor was the best thing ever, and that's been my least favorite play through so far.

Though the only objective truth is the agent storyline is the best.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah, if you have an android phone you can just download it from your app store. Its what I use and its really easy.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I'm pretty sure I've read on dulfy that after the patch everyone gets 6x class quests and 6x main planet quests. This is only a minor step back as planet story quests are usually (usually) right near by where youre doing the class quests. Also with level scaling of all mission rewards you actually have a reason to stop and smell the roses helping every imperial officer you waltz by because you'll never outlevel quest rewards anymore.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Fuzz posted:

There's one that shows up in the BH storyline that wasn't so bad, either, but I can't remember his name. I feel like all of the Imperial stories have at least one chill Sith except for Agent, where they're all over the top fucktarded and ridiculous, mostly to highlight and emphasize the fact that the Sith are running the Empire into the ground.

That sith archaeologist was kind of alright on tatooine. Not a "good" guy but not insane.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Like he just had his crew of archaeologists and went around to different planets with them. They all seemed pretty loyal and not really in a "just doing it to please him don't kill me" kind of way.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ah but you see now you're just the OUTSIDER

no wait that's not right

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Ainsley McTree posted:

May the force be with you, n'wah

e: I'm as clever as I am quick

Never a better time to roll a dunmer chiss.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I finished my agent chapter 3 at 53 and hit 55 just doing flashpoints dailies and pvp before I figured out to go to Ilum next to continue the storyline. It's not hard to level even without 12x.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Ainsley McTree posted:

When you unlock all your companions you should have a mount that's just them carrying you around on a huge litter like xerxes in 300

Nonentity please do the needful

I still want a speeder that is basically the A Team van that I can take around when doing dailies.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ZypherIM posted:

Hrmm, so if I'm understanding this correctly, the 12x ends on the 20th, and people who have been subscribed for the last 2 months are able to start the latest expansion with everyone else starting on the 27th. Will the leveling changes for the pre-existing content be updated on the 20th then?

Yes, all the general gameplay changes and leveling will be changed the same day early access starts.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I hope they finally change that Heroic 4 on Section X so I can finally turn in that weekly.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Rouncer posted:

I thought skill determined the amount you got, not the type of reward. Skill 1 on Yavin gets one whatever the hell is the highest level thing for Bio from a node while a 500 skill gets ten. Skill 500 goes to Korriban and gets 20 green goo while the skill 100 gets 3-4 and the skill 1 gets 1. Something like that.

As I remember it is you can farm whatever mat is equivalent to your skill anywhere. The higher your skill the more you'll get from a node within its "tier" I think, but all crafting recipes for leveling are now free and unlocked. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Edit: rereading that it sounds like low level mats will be rarer to see stockpiled to come by but if everyone is expected to hit level 50ish in a couple days I guess that doesn't mean much.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

All those eight class stories are like, even with just doing 12x like 30ish hour single rpgs so I imagine as impressive as that is youre not really going to see that level of development again.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Nipponophile posted:

Almost done with work for the day, and I'm trying to decide whether I want to get drunk tonight and do completely pointless poo poo in SWTOR or get really drunk tonight and do completely pointless poo poo in SWTOR.

greetings fellow traveler

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Mercurius posted:

I'm not going to enter in Hulk Smash!'s competition because I have most of the stuff I need unlocked and would like someone else to get stuff.

I think playing Guild Wars 2 has ruined me because these days all I care about in MMOs is cosmetics. TOR has some real interesting cosmetic options and trying to get different pieces (dye channels :argh:) to work together can be annoying so I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with.

Imperial Characters

Sniper - My original character that I'll almost certainly take through KotFE first. Was trying to channel the sort of look the Eclipse engineers had going in Mass Effect 2:

If thats the pilot ace chest piece that I think it is, what legs/boots are those? I originally started out with the same idea for my operative but stuff does not unify well with that chest piece and usually goes with the off color, not the main color of the chest.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Is there any tricks for patch day tomorrow? Like, if I just leave the launcher running the night before will it start patching automatically so its done by the time I get home from work?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

If you have blue jawa junk you can buy Alien Data Cubes that become the new mats at a 3:1 ratio tomorrow, and if you have purple you can buy Self-Perpetuating Power Cells which convert at 3:1 (Don't do that, better to use for adaptive circuitry or something else)

No, you have to start the patcher sometime after 5:30pm EDT.

Guess I'll just go hang out at a bar then Tuesday because that sounds better than waiting on patching.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Aphrodite posted:

He means AM.

Oh good then I guess I'll just go to a bar tonight because that sounds better than sitting around waiting for another day stuck at level 55. I'll be able to just run the launcher before I head off to work.

Speaking of I've got about almost 800 basic comms by now on my main. I've been using 176 or whatever the comm vendor sells on fleet for 55. I assume it won't take long to hit 60+, what would be good to spend them on?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Kinger posted:

At the moment? Nothing. You could buy a set of the 186 gear from the basic gear vendors once you hit 60, but you get a nearly full set of better gear (190s) for doing the Ziost story quests. And chances are the expansion will give even better gear as story rewards.

Your best bet would probably be to hold onto them and spend them on whatever becomes available at level 65.

Is the 186 gear just mods or the expensive sets? If former I may just pick up that up depending how quickly I hit 60. Honestly with comps changes I just don't see a lot to spend comms on now.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Hulk Smash! posted:

There's a new central hub but, since it's all single player story, I'd guess the rest is all instanced to hell.

Will the new hub be cross faction?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I hate playing my level 55 merc in pvp and can never seem to kill anyone and my sage or whichever the ranged dps spec got top kills in a huttball match I did at level 14 right after leaving Tython so yeah.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

cheesetriangles posted:

It sounds like you get synced to just above the level of the planet. So he would be level 1 and I would be like level 11 or 12.

It shouldn't take more than an hour or two to hit ten at least, even with 6x/6x but that's just a guess.

Companions gaining influence regardless of whether they like your response is such a great change, god. Being able to just play your character straight instead of gaming up affection points is good change.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I recall them saying something like comp abilities are now tied to the weapon they have equipped for tank/heal/dps roles, but some of those changes are interesting. Or I guess what is interesting is the comps not mentioned.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Saberstaves are fine.

Almost all the tech/vibrostaves are not.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

For my assassin all I wanted and made sure I got was the biggest, longest and gaudy saberstaff that would hang from her belt all the way down to her shins.

And robes of solid gold.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

So when people said the presence bonus unlocks at 50, does that mean the legacy unlock?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Looking forward to a long day of dodging spoilers

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Kinger posted:

gently caress.

I missed the September 30th reward date by literally one day. So I get to wait until next week to play the new Fallen Empire content.

That'll teach me for buying the non-recurring subscriptions :argh:

I am wondering if ill come home to any surprises, I had to switch cards to renew my sub that just happened to be on one of the days because the old one expired. It was the same day, so I think that's fine, but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i really should just avoid the swtor subreddit because every post is like a spoiler

• Locked thread