Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
Just to clarify: if I bought the previous Amazon bundle (the Shadow of Revan one) back in May, this new bundle won't do me any good? Thinking about coming back since I just got a new computer that isn't a 2010 MBP so I can crank up the graphics. My agent used to look like a human from a Toy story movie. Not the last one, with all the nice fur textures and poo poo. I mean the first one, the one with the rear end in a top hat kid.

He'd make a good DS inquisitor, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
Any EU goons getting massive lag spikes connecting to JC from across the pond? I'm trying to get back into this game but it's nearly unplayable, yesterday I spent two hours trying to do the SoR prelude flashpoint because everything was teleporting everywhere and I kept getting disconnected from the server. Any suggestions?

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis

Boogiewoogie posted:

How bad is it playing on a US server as a EU goon? I am kinda tempted to give this a whirl again after not having played since the initial raids way the hell when but that was with EU goons (Never forget Rouge Squadron). Is it worth it to try and hang with other goons on Jedi Covenant or should I just keep my EU self on EU servers?

Back when I played in May the lag never went beyond 150-200, which is better than playing on US WoW server from across the pond. I've moved since then and changed ISPs amd now I get massive lag spikes about once an hour but that's probably because my new ISP refuses to invest in infrastructure. YMMV but give it a shot and see how it goes.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
Anyone else having trouble getting to the character selection screen? I can log in just fine but then it just perpetually loads with the KOTFE splash screen.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis

Crindee posted:

Oh and speaking of tooltips,

Dear UI Guy,

I have one foot in the grave and thus sometimes have to squint to read the tooltip/non-chat text because it can't be resized, even though there's been a 20-pages-and-growing thread about it on the forums since launch.

I Do Not Know If This Is Your Jurisdiction,
Crindee

Seconding this, I play from the couch and even bumping up the UI scale/tooltip scale to max barely alleviates this problem. This is particularly bothersome with stuff like rep gain items for factions and stuff in your inventory, sometimes you can barely make out what faction or companion it's good for.

Other than that, awesome job on the 4.0 UI, now it's the first MMO UI without addon support that gives me every option I'd ever want as a casual scrublord, out of box.

edit: also, can you fix the Map not scaling properly with the rest of the UI if you have your UI scale sent to more than 1.10? Like 30% off the bottom is off the screen and you can't move it up, only down. More than enough I had to reset my UI just to click on a quick travel point and this has been a problem for as long as I've been playing.

DXH fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 3, 2015

• Locked thread