Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am behind an expansion pack, will the new one coming out include previous expansions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, but it doesn't currently so you can only get up to 55.

I'm gonna wait then. Very busy with other games and life stuff anyways but excited for the upcoming expansion, it looks really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Paywalls are unreasonable garbage no matter what, and TOR has one of the worst. There's better more successful ways to make money in F2P MMOs, but I guess if this works for EA then more power to them. Although considering their past history with MMORPGs I bet this isn't even doing that well for them, EA loves shooting themselves in the foot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A friend gave me a 7 day sub referral but I can't level my character past level 55, what do I need to buy?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

You have to sub for 1 month minimum to unlock the expansions.

Okay I want to do this anyways so i'll just wait and play new characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally resubbed to SWTOR, and solo flashpoints are a thing now. :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am confused by something, I am trying to do the solo mode for Korriban Incursion, but the game won't let me. How do I access it? I am level 58 and on the quest Forged Alliance: Part I and Shadow Revan Prelude.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Have you done Assault on Tython already? That's the first part for Imperial side

I don't actually know. I don't have a quest telling me to do it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Do you have the Prelude to Shadow of Revan? Go to your ship and see if there is a mission terminal.

I'm assuming of course you're a subscriber so you actually HAVE Shadow of Revan.

Yes, I have that quest. I tried doing the instance with a group but they were all retarded, didnt talk in chat, and couldnt stay alive against normal difficulty mobs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

If you still have the group quest active in your log, you won't be able to start it solo. Maybe that's your problem? If you clear it from your quest log and talk to the NPC at the entrance on the fleet, you should be able to select [start solo mode]

This worked, thank you!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I decided to play Knights of the Old Republic II after having not touched it since it originally came out on Xbox. All that did was remind me that TOR will always just be a shallow imitation of the older games. TOR is still a good game but i'm still left confused years later as to why No Really Bioware decided to make this a story heavy MMO without even really improving at all on what the single player games tried to do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al Baron posted:

Page got updated. Drops December 2nd.

Subscriber incentives this time around:

Sub by October 25 for Shae Vizla companion
Sub by November 27 for a Rapid Recon Walker
Stay Subbed from October 25 to November 27 for 3-day early access.

Also, Double XP until I'm assuming the expansion drops.

GOD DAMNIT I GUESS I'M PLAYING TOR YET AGAIN I CANT STAY AWAY

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just watched the cinematic trailer for Knights of the Eternal Throne and gently caress me, this looks so awesome. :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pierson posted:

Knights of the Fallen Empire is all-the-way released by now right? Told myself I wasn't going to play until it was all out and then other games happened and welp.

I haven't even finished the Knights of the Fallen Empire content on any of my characters. You can get to level 65 way before that happens. I am waiting until the cap increases to 70 before continuing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Just finish the story. You want to know what happens in KOTFE before KOTET comes out. Day one the story will be ruined in General Chat so make sure you turn it off.

ooh, I always have general chat turned off. I'll be okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

maev posted:

What is the new expansion bringing? Any new Ops content, flashpoints, actual 'mmo' things?

I assume that stuff is coming but it wasn't mentioned. Just level 70 cap, two new planets, what sounded like a new class? The new story has 9 chapters that are all releasing at once. Bioware is not ready to talk about the end game content yet since most of their players likely never see that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Photex posted:

So how does a new player start off in this, I have never played and caught that trailer on youtube yesterday. I just started an Agent/Sniper and i'm already level 12, I see all the talk of instant 60s etc etc should I just play through the main story?

Just keep playing from where you are. Dont make your first character be level 60, you can do that later.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CeeCee posted:

Cool trailer, double xp and new shinies from nonentity? I think it's time to resub.

Are they releasing KotET all at once or is it a batch of chapters, then one at a time like KotFE?

Someone earlier in the thread said all at once, which is much welcomed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't share my credits across characters on other factions right? I wanna give my 1 million credits from my trooper to my main which is a sith inq. Gotta buy up as many mounts and pets on the auction house as possible. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Yes you can. You can mail anybody in your legacy anything that's not bound to a character individually.

:eyepop: Thank you! I didn't think to even try but in retrospect I feel silly not just doing it.

• Locked thread