Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Underwhelming finale, for sure.

I wanted a scene between Saul and Allison where we got to see her reaction upon getting captured and realizing that the jig was up. Seeing her get shot in the trunk of a car without getting to watch her process just how hosed she was felt abrupt and anticlimactic. It was an unsatisfying way to wrap up what I felt was the most compelling storyline of the season. Speaking of which, I completely agree with the "more spy games, less Carrie soap opera bullshit next season, please" sentiment.

On another note, I sincerely hope next season doesn't invest too much time in a prolonged back and forth wherein Saul keeps trying to get a resistant Carrie to join the CIA. Its a trite storyline, and I'd much prefer the season to start off with her being back in the agency.

With all that said, I still enjoyed this season. I don't think the show will ever again reach the towering heights of season one (or even the semi-towering heights of season two), but as long as they keeping churning out decent spycraft stuff, it'll be watchable. F. Murray Abraham still feels criminally underused, and it would be great to see his character have more of a pronounced role next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread