Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

bobkatt013 posted:

Break out of prisons

and act as the waldorf and statler of the dc tv verse. :p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

bobkatt013 posted:

Break out of prisons

What about breaking into prisons?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Break out of prisons

- How'd you two break out?
- He was Ra's Al Ghul.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zebulon posted:

What about breaking into prisons?

"How did you get in here?!"
"C'mon, do I really have to say it"

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

"How did you get in here?!"
"C'mon, do I really have to say it"
"I was Ra's Al Ghul"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Best version of it from the OnTheBench synopsis' has to be this one from later in the season.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Too bad the horrible season 4 finale caused OnBenchNow to kill himself.

He will be missed.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

ApeHawk posted:

Too bad the horrible season 4 finale caused OnBenchNow to kill himself.

He will be missed.

I honestly wouldn't blame him one bit for just saying gently caress it. Apparently killing off Laurel and having her final words be to give her blessings to Olicity was nearly enough to make him quit right then and there.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Zebulon posted:

I honestly wouldn't blame him one bit for just saying gently caress it. Apparently killing off Laurel and having her final words be to give her blessings to Olicity was nearly enough to make him quit right then and there.

That was when I quit. I only come back to this thread to laugh at how bad things have gotten.

And also stuff like this:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Guess who isn't completely forgotten about and left in a pile of garbage?

http://screenrant.com/arrow-season-5-roy-harper/

The show is reportedly “getting back to its roots,” focusing on Team Arrow in a grittier, more grounded reality that calls back to the first season.

haha, right, sure, this time, no doubt!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does that mean Ollie can start killing people without being emo again?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

Does that mean Ollie can start killing people without being emo again?

No.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Koalas March posted:

That was when I quit. I only come back to this thread to laugh at how bad things have gotten.

And also stuff like this:

The comic books definitely got away with not including Black Canary and still being fine after the New 52 since they leaned on the other pillars of Ollie's identity like martial arts and his Liberalism

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

The comic books definitely got away with not including Black Canary and still being fine after the New 52 since they leaned on the other pillars of Ollie's identity like martial arts and his Liberalism

The bulk of the N52 Green Arrow comics are actually really bad aside from the short Jeff Lemire run and DC knows it. There's a reason they did a hard reset on him with Rebirth and brought BC back into his life.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Give me a live action version of that one animated short where he takes on Count Vertigo and Merlyn, and proposes to BC after she saves him from Vertigo.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scyantific posted:

Give me a live action version of that one animated short where he takes on Count Vertigo and Merlyn, and proposes to BC after she saves him from Vertigo.

How this would actually go:

"I'M R'AS AL GHUL"
"BARF I'M DEAD"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Zebulon posted:

I can resonate with that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/11/arrow-dolph-lundgren

Welp, guess I'm watching the new season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Amazing.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

If he doesn't tell Ollie "I must break you" at some point in the season then this world has no meaning anymore.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Like, everything I read makes me salivate over the respective CW DC shows, and then I remember how I felt the same way pre-season last year.

If Dolph can be half as good as Neal McDonough we'll be in good hands though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Fellow executive producer Marc Guggenheim also revealed that this will be the final year for the flashbacks.

Thank god.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress you, Arrow. I was ready to free up my Wednesday nights this season then you pull this poo poo.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

The dream of season 1 flashbacks is dead.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Does he have a nose for crime?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

Does he have a nose for crime?

He's actually a scientist when the season starts. I'm mostly surprised CW is okay with full penetration.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Great, now I'm going to have to cringe past theit idea of "Russian" for at least 3 episodes until it becomes clear that it's just as lovely as S4.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Flashbacks

Season 1: Watch a yuppie become a warrior!
Season 2: Experience the birth of superpowers in the DC Universe, and the tragic tale of Slade Wilson!
Season 3: poo poo, we're out of money. Throw a lantern on that Canadian stop sign, we're good. And add some asians.
Season 4: gently caress it. Caves? Magic?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I just looked up Jimmy Akingbola, the guy who played Reiter in the flashbacks, and I think it's a testament to the writing of this show that they can take an award-winning theater actor who starred in a play opposite Ian loving McKellen and make him the most stilted, uninteresting "villain" of any show on TV.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

The “Flashpoint” timeline may be one where Oliver Queen’s best friend, Tommy Merlyn, didn’t die saving Laurel Lance during The Glades Earthquake.

“I can’t tell you how many people I’ve talked to about the possibility and how it could possibly happen,” Colin Donnell, the actor who plays Tommy, told TV Line when the topic was brought to his attention. “It’s not out of the realm of possibility.”

Of course, just because conversations have been had doesn’t mean that it’s a sure thing. Far from it. However, “Flashpoint” is just the kind of alternate reality storyline that provides a unique opportunity to see old friends in a new light. If Arrow ever wanted to revisit Tommy and his relationships with Oliver and Laurel, this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/14/tommy-merlyn-could-possibly-return-on-arrow-due-to-flashpoint/

Ok, now this is definitely something I'd love to see. Tommy was such a great character.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/14/tommy-merlyn-could-possibly-return-on-arrow-due-to-flashpoint/

Ok, now this is definitely something I'd love to see. Tommy was such a great character.

Knowing Mericle and Guggenheim they'll probably gently caress it up so royally we would rather wish Tommy stay dead.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
An alternate reality where Tommy stowed away on the boat instead of Sara and he becomes GA instead of Oliver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tommy sucked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Tommy sucked.

YOU SUCK.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

Tommy sucked.

yeah that's what I was getting at.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That's...not a rumor or a scoop, that's just someone asking the actor about it and him going "YEAH SURE WHY NOT"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

BrianWilly posted:

That's...not a rumor or a scoop, that's just someone asking the actor about it and him going "YEAH SURE WHY NOT"

That is my least favorite aspect of modern entertainment journalism. Its just reporters asking unsubstantiated questions like that of actors that get turned into clickbait articles.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Yeah that article could just as easily been "Any character that has previously died could possibly return due to Flashpoint. Or actually if you think about it anyone who didn't die could have died. Just click the link and give us the money " without the hassle of finding an actor and asking them a question.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Colin Donnell was at Wizard World Chicago on Friday. A guy two places in line ahead of us asked him if he was excited to be returning and he said "It's all just talk right now, nobody has asked me if I want to come back for anything."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"We're going to give you actual cool stuff before yanking it away and handing you back more Olicity bullshit."

Not this time, Arrow. Not this time.

• Locked thread